DC 4-2-1 Headers
AEM Fuel Rail
MSD SportCompactIgnition
MSD Blaster Cap
Nology Hot Wires
NGK Spark Plugs
Chipped P28
VAFC II

I was going all motor but now that i got to the point where it was either FULLY DEDICATING myself to all motor and doing the internals or going turbo, ive decided to go turbo.

With this current setup if i add the following....what numbers can i expect and what psi can i run safely

ADD:
air research t3 turbo with external wastegate
turbo xs type hrfl Blow Off Valve
Hondata S200
RC 750cc Fuel Injectors
Titanium Valves, Retainers, Springs
255lph Fuel Pump

Thanks ahead of time.....and if you have any suggestions please tell me... i would like to hear some opinions.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:35 PM
big strong guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WANTING TO GO TURBO WITH MY JDM GSR SWAP (dajman94)

Depends what Size T3?

But either way your looking at the mid 200s and up! Really depends What are the other parts used and tuning!

Eric
Old 11-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WANTING TO GO TURBO WITH MY JDM GSR SWAP (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Depends what Size T3?

But either way your looking at the mid 200s and up! Really depends What are the other parts used and tuning!

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well.....i was hoping to make at the least like 275 to the wheels....is that even realistic on a stock bottom end?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dajman94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well.....i was hoping to make at the least like 275 to the wheels....is that even realistic on a stock bottom end?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cake
Old 11-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WANTING TO GO TURBO WITH MY JDM GSR SWAP (hondaguyef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Cake </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok......i don't know if you meant cake....like its easy.....or cake with a wink like that's not even feasible
Old 11-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a pice of cake headgasket + 7 to 8 psi + a good fmu = 300 whp
Old 11-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WANTING TO GO TURBO WITH MY JDM GSR SWAP (EGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a pice of cake headgasket + 7 to 8 psi + a good fmu = 300 whp </TD></TR></TABLE>

so if 275 is easy...what should my goal be with this setup?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dajman94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok......i don't know if you meant cake....like its easy.....or cake with a wink like that's not even feasible</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry dude I meant that it's very easy. A mid sized t3/t04e and a safe tune will do the trick. 350whp is achievabe IMO and somewhat reliable on OE bottom ends so, if 275 is the goal it should be easily attainable. Remember, Tuning is the key to your engines lifespan though. Also, I've noticed your mod list and see that there are a few things that you can sell to help fund the turbo setup (I'm a hustler at heart) For Example: The cams, cam gears, MSD, VAFC, header and current 2.5" catback. Good luck

Phil

Old 11-27-2005, 04:53 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOAL:

NO FMU.

Go with something like Crome. That or Hondata. A good tune and 300 no prob!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WANTING TO GO TURBO WITH MY JDM GSR SWAP (EGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a pice of cake headgasket + 7 to 8 psi + a good fmu = 300 whp </TD></TR></TABLE>

There are to many inexpensive tuning options(CRome, Uber etc.) on the market to risk an expensive longblock like the GSR on an FMU.

Phil
Old 11-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry dude I meant that it's very easy. A mid sized t3/t04e and a safe tune will do the trick. 350whp is achievabe IMO and somewhat reliable on OE bottom ends so, if 275 is the goal it should be easily attainable. Remember, Tuning is the key to your engines lifespan though. Also, I've noticed your mod list and see that there are a few things that you can sell to help fund the turbo setup (I'm a hustler at heart) For Example: The cams, cam gears, MSD, VAFC, header and current 2.5" catback. Good luck

Phil</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey man...thanks for the info...really helps alot...and just curious why would i get rid of the msd....i agree with everything else but i love my msd it creates awesome spark and everytime i start the car it turns on right away...no turnover to it at all

Old 11-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh yea....and how many PSI can i run daily....and would i be smart to get the ARP head bolts?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey man...thanks for the info...really helps alot...and just curious why would i get rid of the msd....i agree with everything else but i love my msd it creates awesome spark and everytime i start the car it turns on right away...no turnover to it at all

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've always had trouble w/ the MSD setups and so have a few others on here (Break up at high RPM and box failure to be specific). OE ignitions do just fine. The only reason I will continue to run an MSD setup is for the 3 step.

Phil
Old 11-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've always had trouble w/ the MSD setups and so have a few others on here (Break up at high RPM and box failure to be specific). OE ignitions do just fine. The only reason I will continue to run an MSD setup is for the 3 step.

Phil</TD></TR></TABLE>

i haven't had any problems and i run my motor all the way to 9000rpms in all gears with no problems and very smooth
Old 11-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i haven't had any problems and i run my motor all the way to 9000rpms in all gears with no problems and very smooth</TD></TR></TABLE>

Once it's boosted you'll see.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dajman94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yea....and how many PSI can i run daily....and would i be smart to get the ARP head bolts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

and how much psi should i be able to run daily and on track days?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and how much psi should i be able to run daily and on track days?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't base what you're going to run on PSI. If the car is controllable on the streets at 250whp than have a tune for that and lower boost on the street. The track Power level will all depend on what you want to run (E.T./MPH wise) and of course the limits of yur setup.

Phil
Old 11-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't base what you're going to run on PSI. If the car is controllable on the streets at 250whp than have a tune for that and lower boost on the street. The track Power level will all depend on what you want to run (E.T./MPH wise) and of course the limits of yur setup.

Phil</TD></TR></TABLE>

well im new to this whole turbo stuff so im not quite sure about that......i would like to run close to 300 whp on the streets and 325-250whp on the track
Old 11-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well im new to this whole turbo stuff so im not quite sure about that......i would like to run close to 300 whp on the streets and 325-250whp on the track </TD></TR></TABLE>

No sense in having 2 tunes then. Just tune for the track and run that on the street as well. Good luck dude. Let me know if you have any more qusetions.

Phil
Old 11-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dajman94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i haven't had any problems and i run my motor all the way to 9000rpms in all gears with no problems and very smooth</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look @ it like this, the msd is not needed especially for your goals so you can sell it and fund your turbo project.

imo, a t3/to4e 50 trim or 57 trim will suit you just fine. They will also give you some room to grow if you want to make some more power later. GL.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No sense in having 2 tunes then. Just tune for the track and run that on the street as well. Good luck dude. Let me know if you have any more qusetions.

Phil</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks alot......you were of great help to me
Old 11-27-2005, 05:31 PM

So someone was saying to run a good headgasket on his block, which one do you guys recommend?
Old 11-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WANTING TO GO TURBO WITH MY JDM GSR SWAP (JDMSi92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMSi92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So someone was saying to run a good headgasket on his block, which one do you guys recommend?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

OEM
Old 11-27-2005, 05:54 PM

i guess ima jump on the coattail and ask my own question. I also have a gsr swap. Fully built except p&p. im ready for boost. is there a real difference between s200 and s300. i wan to get my engine management before anything else.

im looking for 300 hp @ around 9 psi
Old 11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr. JDM-GSR)

I have a bonestock B18C (JDM GSR) and I'm boosting it too. I already got the setup on the car, it just needs to be tuned. You really shouldnt aim at a certain PSI as your max goal, you should base your goal in whp. I would say, that with good tuning/maintenace the motor should hold around 350whp quite safely.

I'm running a .60 Trim .63 A/R T3/T04e and the tuner says we shouldnt have a problem getting low-mid 300's @ around 10psi. I'll let you know what we get out of it when it's tuned later this week or beging of the next. The motor has somewhat high compression, so make sure that whoever is tuning it knows what they're doing or it could very easily go: kaboom!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. JDM-GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess ima jump on the coattail and ask my own question. I also have a gsr swap. Fully built except p&p. im ready for boost. is there a real difference between s200 and s300. i wan to get my engine management before anything else.

im looking for 300 hp @ around 9 psi</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure if you use the search function you will find more than enough info on that subject. Dont mean to sound like an *******, but it's just rude to come into someone's thread and ask your own question.

Also, why would just waste all that money building a motor to get 300whp out of it?