Notices

Want to FI my GSR, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to FI my GSR, need opinions

Alright, this has probably been covered before but since the search archives are disabled, I'll ask again

I want to go FI on my GSR. I was thinking either Greddy turbo, Drag 3 Turbo, custom turbo, or Vortech Supercharger.

Now I know Greddy is good, but not great for lots of power. Drag 3 is supposedly a good kit, but has some crappy parts in it (manifold cracks?). Custom would be good because I can buy the best parts I can find, but would it be more expensive than a kit? And the Vortech is supposedly a great supercharger, I'd like to hear people's opinions on it.

Now I daily drive this car. Would it be ok to put a turbo in a daily driver? Also, I'd like some opinions on reliability of these.

I really would just like to hear some opinions from the FI experts here

Thanks in advance.

-Diabolik
Old 04-07-2003, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Want to FI my GSR, need opinions (Diabolik)

I would do the research first...find out what turbo you want to run...what manifold...InlinePro....FullRace....T3/T04e......what a/r...what trim wheel.....
I went InlinePro and decided on a T3/T04e .48 a/r turbine + .60 compressor...i think that's it...57trim....just enough for my taste and went to MkTeller8 for my 2.5" mandrel bend exhaust....theres a great article from a Garrett engineer on the archives....check that out about exhaust diameter compared to HP...and RevHard 2.5" downpipe.....Flamenco-T aka Stan gave me a great deal on the OIl feed and return lines.... DSM450cc's with OBD1 clips and resistor box from ... Sonny ....and Greddy Profec E-01 and E-manage with all harnesses for my fuel management (just trying something new and different)...with a Walbro 255lph high flow intank fuel pump.....do your research and ask around...but search first I guarantee you'll find great information.....Custom is my choice...you'll learn more...and have more fun...the fuel management choice might run the tally up abit...from the conventional kit....but that's because you'd probably want to stay away from the FMU + inline fuel pump route...but that's just a biased opinion so don't flame me fellas

[Modified by mamaboy, 4:45 PM 4/7/2003]