Notices

Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !!

ive got the spearco 750 hp i/c, and i want to do my hardest effort NOT to cut/trim or otherwise alter the front bumper. I'm also contemplating installing the oem fog lights as well.

can anyone step up and show pictures of what their setup looks like?

I realize the front bumper support will have to be modified or taken out completely.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (Code Blue)

what are the dimensons of the ic. i think you might end up having to cut it or jsut get a smaller one
Old 12-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (tallyturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tallyturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the dimensons of the ic. i think you might end up having to cut it or jsut get a smaller one</TD></TR></TABLE>

its huge, i will have to go and get a tape measure.

and no, im not going to get a smaller intercooler. its just out of the question.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:55 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (Code Blue)

good luck on hitting 650 and good luck fitting any kind of huge intercooler in there w/o either cutting the bumper, taking out the bumper support and wanting to put in oem fog lights, It probably isnt possible. I had a huge intercooler on mine 12" tall and 3" thick and 28" wide, and that **** had to be cut. You could always get the intercooler anodized so it doesnt draw attention to yourself.

Also what are you looking to do with the car? Drag? 1 day a month dragster? or just a street car?

Edit: Also you may be able to just trim the inside part of the bumper down and it shouldnt really be noticable from the outside.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (95GSRTT)

going to be a street car that can basically go to the track if i want it to.

i know i plan on taking out the bumper support. thats what im willing to do, is to take it out and have a bracket made for the intercooler to mount in those holes.

the trimming of the front bumper grill is a last resort
Old 12-04-2005, 03:38 PM
95GSRTT

Well the intercooler I had which is bigger than the spearco Im sure, I had to remove the bumper support and I wanted to trim the whole front end of my 94 front bumper. Made it look alot cleaner if you ask me. I honestly doubt I needed to though. The only thing you should have to do is trim the inside of the bumper, really just extra webbing and plastic that sticks out a ways. Shouldnt affect anything at all.

Thats what I would recommend doing
Old 12-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (95GSRTT)

PM'd. If you take your time and don't rush it...I'm sure you can keep your grille. I'm not very familiar with DA's, but maybe try putting it as far back as possible would help I'm sure. GL with your set-up
Old 12-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (JDM_EH2)

I've got a DC.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy ****! I totally missed that! My bad. I think just put it as far back as possible and take your time trimming and fitting until it fits the way you want it. If you absolutely have to cut the grille out, you could always buy a black mesh or something maybe...I'll try to get pics of my friends Full-Race IC on his DC. We did have to lose the grille though
Old 12-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanna see some Gen 3 Integras with big front mounts and uncut bumpers !! (JDM_EH2)

i think im gonna try to take the front bumper beam out, and have a bracket fabbed that sinks the i/c back as far as it can go. and have the bracket mount into the existing bumper beam holes
Old 12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Code Blue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think im gonna try to take the front bumper beam out, and have a bracket fabbed that sinks the i/c back as far as it can go. and have the bracket mount into the existing bumper beam holes</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a plan