Notices

Wanna Boost my b16 to 300hp or a little more....

Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna Boost my b16 to 300hp or a little more....

now listen before everyone says SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH, i have and there is alot of information out there. but it all just confuses me more and more but i want the best kit for a b16a with the best turbo for a stock internal motor, to get me at or above 300hp safely. if this is possible, also what gauges, exhaust, & controllers, should i need? i am new to turbos and wanna get started in it so i can learn and grow. price is no option here, so give me all you have and all the help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wanna Boost my b16 to 300hp or a little more.... (B18Sleeper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now listen before everyone says SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH, i have and there is alot of information out there. but it all just confuses me more and more but i want the best kit for a b16a with the best turbo for a stock internal motor, to get me at or above 300hp safely. if this is possible, also what gauges, exhaust, & controllers, should i need? i am new to turbos and wanna get started in it so i can learn and grow. price is no option here, so give me all you have and all the help would be greatly appreciated. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if price is no option then get a http://www.spoolinperformance.com kit. Take the pistons out throw some 9:1 in it, a profec B boost controller rc 750cc some nice rods Manley or pauter or even eagle should be no problem
Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Wanna Boost my b16 to 300hp or a little more.... (1Quikgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1Quikgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if price is no option then get a http://www.spoolinperformance.com kit. Take the pistons out throw some 9:1 in it, a profec B boost controller rc 750cc some nice rods Manley or pauter or even eagle should be no problem </TD></TR></TABLE>

so ur saying get the drag kit for 2700 dollars throw some say CP 9.0:1 ratio pistons in, a profec b boost controller, rc 750cc injectors, manley rods and i will get 300hp? is 300 not possible without touching internals? and what about gauges dont i need like egt, boost, air fuel, and all that stuff? what about peakboost kits or full race kits? thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 10:17 PM

anyone else? come on...
Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so ur saying get the drag kit for 2700 dollars throw some say CP 9.0:1 ratio pistons in, a profec b boost controller, rc 750cc injectors, manley rods and i will get 300hp? is 300 not possible without touching internals? and what about gauges dont i need like egt, boost, air fuel, and all that stuff? what about peakboost kits or full race kits? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure it can be done on stock internals, but you said money was no problem...so that being said why dont you do what i said and later on down the road that will give you more room to upgrade both peak boost and full race are great kits just comes down to how deep your pockets are. Boost gauge will help so will hondata
Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 PM

yea price is no option but i just didnt wanna get into the internals but if that is all i need to do that is fine. and as far as a exhaust system what should i go with? and only the boost gauge, no egt or air fuel? cause i was thinkin i would need boost, oil press., fuel press., egt, and that is all. hondata use the s200 with all options? and as far as peakboost, full race, and drag kits are concerned. my pocket are deep when it comes ot doing it right and having a good building block. right now i just want 300hp but i dont wanna have to go back and replace all my turbo parts in order to move up in hp range if i deside i want too so which kit should i go with ?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea price is no option but i just didnt wanna get into the internals but if that is all i need to do that is fine. and as far as a exhaust system what should i go with? and only the boost gauge, no egt or air fuel? cause i was thinkin i would need boost, oil press., fuel press., egt, and that is all. hondata use the s200 with all options? and as far as peakboost, full race, and drag kits are concerned. my pocket are deep when it comes ot doing it right and having a good building block. right now i just want 300hp but i dont wanna have to go back and replace all my turbo parts in order to move up in hp range if i deside i want too so which kit should i go with ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

you dont "have" to have an oil pressure gauge but its up to you. Check out http://www.spoolinperformance.com great customer service quality products. I would just get the s300 has some nice features and its fully loaded. As far as egt or air fuel you dont need one, I would run the boost gauge and oil
Old 01-09-2007, 10:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1Quikgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you dont "have" to have an oil pressure gauge but its up to you. Check out http://www.spoolinperformance.com great customer service quality products. I would just get the s300 has some nice features and its fully loaded. As far as egt or air fuel you dont need one, I would run the boost gauge and oil </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok so u say the turbo kit doesn't matter really just how deep my pockets are...so with this setup i can run in the ball park of 300hp on my b16

Peakboost, Full Race, or Drag Kit (either of them)
Boost Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Greddy Profec-B Spec II Boost Controller
RC 750cc Fuel Injectors
Manley Rods
CP 9.0:1 Pistons
Hondata S300

is that all my car needs?

does the brand of gauges matter....? autometer fine? thank you for your help so much
Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 PM

is the drag turbo kit ac compatiable? i was reading and didnt see anyhting about it on spoolingperformance and i dont wanna lose my ac thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-10-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Wanna Boost my b16 to 300hp or a little more.... (Ruben19)

that thumbs up is for what question or statement? the drag kit being ac compatiable? brand of gauges? or is this all i need for 300hp?
Old 01-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i made 281whp 200 ft pounds of torque on a stock b16a3 with a stage 2 full race kit tuned at 10psi.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 AM
* B A N N E D *

ls vtec drag kit tuned 10 ilbs made 290 whp Wiseco forged pistons 8:8 and eagle h beam rods
Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (PnoyEj6)

B18Sleeper...you have a PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: (Dunc)

Check the numbers in my sig, made it on a stock B16 with an Aquamist kit.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: (Boosted B6teen)

dude those are good numbers kinda like what i want. i think i am gonna go with a peakboost ac compatible kit, cp pistons, precision injectors, manley rods, and call it a day but i still do not know what gauge brand is the best...i know the biggest one i know is autometer. any others? and controllers i will go with greddys profec-b spec II boost controller, hondata s300, and gauges(prolly boost, egt, oil pressure, and fuel pressure)
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (B18Sleeper)

drag shouldnt be in the same sentence as full race or peakboost imo. autometer gauges are good. if you use hondata you dont really need a boost controller.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: (doood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><U>drag shouldnt be in the same sentence as full race or peakboost </U>imo. autometer gauges are good. if you use hondata you dont really need a boost controller.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree totally with the drag kits not being in the same sentence. i dont know much about turbos but they just dont seem to be as good of quality to me. as far as autometer gauges go is there really any difference in the series they have like C2, Nexus, etc? or just get what will best match my interior and look cleanest? then if i use a hondata i dont need a boost controller? if not i wont get one cause that will be a waste of my money thanks so much
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Peak Boost, Love-Fab, Full-Race will all make over 300wHP with a good tune at around 10lbs on a stock B16.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: (trickeng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trickeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Peak Boost, Love-Fab, Full-Race will all make over 300wHP with a good tune at around 10lbs on a stock B16.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks i think i will go with peakboost or maybe a full race. but what about what was said i dont need a boost controller with the hondata? and does the series in autometer gauges i get matter? thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks i think i will go with peakboost or maybe a full race. but what about what was said i dont need a boost controller with the hondata? and does the series in autometer gauges i get matter? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

you need a boost controler unless you want to run off the wastegate spring lets say a 7 pound spring but if you want to run 14psi then thats when you will need a boost controler
Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks i think i will go with peakboost or maybe a full race. but what about what was said i dont need a boost controller with the hondata? and does the series in autometer gauges i get matter? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately get a boost controller, electronic one and with overboost feature. say if you're spring boost is 7psi, you set warning at 10psi, it won't let you go past 10psi unless you have physical leak within daphragm or vacuum line. therea are better gauges than autometer if money isn't an option. and if money not an option. get all of them oil pres, temp, water temp, fuel pres, wideband a/f, egt, volt, you d'nt really need boost gauge if you get ebc.

if you want a good manifold thats a/c compatible, get inline pro, they even make 3" dp for it. easy hp and it will never crack
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree totally with the drag kits not being in the same sentence. i dont know much about turbos but they just dont seem to be as good of quality to me. as far as autometer gauges go is there really any difference in the series they have like C2, Nexus, etc? or just get what will best match my interior and look cleanest? then if i use a hondata i dont need a boost controller? if not i wont get one cause that will be a waste of my money thanks so much</TD></TR></TABLE>

personal preference on the gauges. they just have different looks and light up differently, but all function the same. you dont need a boost controller with hondata as hondata can control boost. but you can get one if you want.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: (doood)

ok i am being told 2 different things on the boost controller if i get a hondata do i get one or not? and what are the best gauges if money is not option but remember here i aint running no 600hp motor but only half of that. thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
BCICAN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i am being told 2 different things on the boost controller if i get a hondata do i get one or not? and what are the best gauges if money is not option but remember here i aint running no 600hp motor but only half of that. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

About the boost controller thing: You will need one if you get the S200 unit. If you get the S300 unit then you will not need to buy a manual or electronic boost controller because the S300 has the capability of controlling the boost through a GM solenoid (they describe it on their website). They give diagrams and instructions that tell you how to set it up and everything. This eliminates the need to spend like $400 on an EBC since it's all in one system. Plus the S300 can control the boost by gear, switch the tunes for high/low boost by a switch, and has already built in overboost protection. Hope that helps

EDIT: Replied to you too.

Modified by Dunc at 5:35 PM 1/10/2007

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanna Boost my b16 to 300hp or a little more....