Notices

Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help!

OK, I've done tons of searching. I am in a cross dilema with which to run. The Vortech S/C Kit with AfterCooler, GReddy Turbo Kit with the Type-24 I/C, or the Full-Race A/C kit? Car is an Integra GSR. I am using the car for a daily-driver, so, I want a kit that is proven to last under those conditions. Gas Mileage isn't of the biggest concern, but it is a question. Please, anyone with experience between these kits, or if you know anyone that has experience, please help me out. I have looked at different kits, but I want the best for the money. Thanks for looking and you opinions!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (1fastvtec)

comparing the vortech and greddy kits to full race is like comparing rosie o'donnell to Halle Berry. Your budget and goals will give you your answer, I went with Full Race cuz they are the best, and that is what I would recommend.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (97turbols)

yea, your choices are about as far apart as possible.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (kabaroo)

Oh my haha Well if I were Full-Race, I'd be offended to be in the same sentence as Greddy & Vortech
Old 11-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd go with full-race because their decal is alot cooler than those other brands you mentioned.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (tommyten)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tommyten &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd go with full-race because their decal is alot cooler than those other brands you mentioned.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97turbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">comparing the vortech and greddy kits to full race is like comparing rosie o'donnell to Halle Berry. Your budget and goals will give you your answer, I went with Full Race cuz they are the best, and that is what I would recommend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so rosie would bitch slap halle and then sit on her?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (v4lu3s)

just buy my greddy kit

for a daily driver it is one of the best spooling set ups I have seen
Old 11-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rosey needs some loving too...just not from me
Old 11-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow! That answered my questions. I have been researching the Full-Race ST-2 A/C kit on their website, and for the extra money over the St-1 A/C kit, its just all around better. Thank you so much for the input guys. I really want a good kit, but I wasn't sure. Now I am..
Thanks a million!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:49 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: (1fastvtec)

Just happy to see that you aren't going to waste your money Let us know how things go
Old 11-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You got it!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont forget to make sure you get a full-race decal with your purchase.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy ****, talk about apples and oranges! If you have the money, Full Race without a doubt. From what I've read, though, their a/c kit requires quite a bit of modification. Look at the pictures on their website and how close the a/c lines come to the manifold. There was someone on here that ended up getting custom lines made because of this. I forget the username.

BTW, you should add Inline Pro to your list. IMO, it's the best if you want to retain a/c.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (USE2B16A)

GReddy for less power and fun spool for the street
Fullrace for sick top end and bad'***'ness
oh and vortech for ummmm :thinking: ummmmm.......
Old 11-18-2005, 03:50 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97turbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">comparing the vortech and greddy kits to full race is like comparing rosie o'donnell to Halle Berry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree!!!!!!! Look at Halle Berry, little skinny anorexic chick when Rosie got all that back and body!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (Boostfed.com)

fat b*tches need love too!! I guess.....
Old 11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would take SSautochrome over all those. way cheaper and much better qaulity than full race. its not even a debate
Old 11-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (CoreyR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CoreyR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would take SSautochrome over all those. way cheaper and much better qaulity than full race. its not even a debate </TD></TR></TABLE>

...Dude. SSautochrome?? better than Full Race?? thats not even a funny joke.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:43 PM
New User

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97turbols &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">comparing the vortech and greddy kits to full race is like comparing rosie o'donnell to Halle Berry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I totally agree!!!!!!! Look at Halle Berry, little skinny anorexic chick when Rosie got all that back and body!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

OH yeah my wifey reminded me that Rosie is a Lesbian too, double your BIG PLEASURE!!! LOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:48 PM

anyone ever see the jar of jelly beans on howard stern? it had a picture of rosie's head on it and he would make people guess on how many jelly beans it would take to fill her head... good ****!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Zakar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, I've done tons of searching. I am in a cross dilema with which to run. The Vortech S/C Kit with AfterCooler, GReddy Turbo Kit with the Type-24 I/C, or the Full-Race A/C kit? Car is an Integra GSR. I am using the car for a daily-driver, so, I want a kit that is proven to last under those conditions. Gas Mileage isn't of the biggest concern, but it is a question. Please, anyone with experience between these kits, or if you know anyone that has experience, please help me out. I have looked at different kits, but I want the best for the money. Thanks for looking and you opinions!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was in the same jam as you...i initially wanted to get a vortech kit, but got kind of sketched when dyno charts were few and far between. to cut it down, its a decently large compressor on a stick, and will just keep making power depending on your rpm. so...for a daily driver scenario where you want as much usuable power as possible...ditch it.

the greddy kit is nice, but, that oil return line included has to go

im currently on my second turbo setup, im running a full-race non-ac kit, gt28rs .82 a/r, and i couldnt ask for anything more

the guys at full-race are very helpful and really provide great customer service. their products are superb quality, and they're popular for a reason

go with the full-race setup, you wont be disapointed.

what are you using for ems?

Old 11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (boostfeen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostfeen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

...Dude. SSautochrome?? better than Full Race?? thats not even a funny joke. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help! (CoreyR)

I have both heard on the internet and seen in real life the Vortechs having problems with that drive shaft that drives the compressor. And getting a new shaft can be difficult.

And really...look at how the 3 major FI types work (Turbo, Roots Super, Centrifugal Super). To me the Turbo and Roots have their advantages, and the Centrifugal kinda gets the disadvantages of both. It may be fine for all out power, but I think for daily driving it would not be very practical.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow! That answered my questions. I have been researching the Full-Race ST-2 A/C kit on their website, and for the extra money over the St-1 A/C kit, its just all around better. Thank you so much for the input guys. I really want a good kit, but I wasn't sure. Now I am..
Thanks a million!</TD></TR></TABLE>

before you get that kit, what's your whp goal? also don't forget that u still have to get some sort of fuel management/system.

Quick Reply: Vortech, Full-Race, or GReddy? Please Help!