Notices

Vince/Golden Eagle... D-Series Headgasket Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vince/Golden Eagle... D-Series Headgasket Question

I recently called Golden Eagle and couldn't get straight through to Vince. I spoke to a lady about getting a 77mm D-series OEM headgasket done for my motor (sleeved and machine work done by GE). She informed me that they currently don't do D-series headgaskets. So I questioned why not. She put me on hold. She came back and responded (apparently she asked someone). She replied that they don't do d-series headgaskets because they're Paper/Organic. I informed her that as far as I know, the 96-00 are all metal and are interchangeable. She tells me that she'll tell Vince and see maybe in the future they may sell them. I decide to call again in a couple days to see if I could send my own METAL headgasket to get done. I get the same lady again. I asked if I could send mine in. She tells me they don't customers' gaskets but they sell them. I tell her I'm aware that they sell them but they don't sell one for D-series so I'm seeing if mine could be done. She continues to tell me yet again that they are paper. And I again respond that they are metal and that I am 100% sure of it (for the z6 and y8 at least) since I have one sitting in my garage somewhere from my old motor. She tells me "Oh you called a couple days ago?" I'm like yeah. She just tells me the same thing as last time.... I try to beg and stress that the block was done BY GE.... didn't work.

I'd just like Vince or someone to chime in on this. Since it's been somewhat of a trend that the Cometics GE recommends to run haven't been working for quite a few people. Not blaming the Cometics, but even most B-series guys claim to have more success with the OEM overbore ones than Cometics. That and Cometic is behind like hell on gaskets (been ordered mine april 5th through Race Engineering... still nothing).
Old 07-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vince/Golden Eagle... D-Series Headgasket Question (CivicRyda2k)

bump
Old 07-22-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vince/Golden Eagle... D-Series Headgasket Question (CivicRyda2k)

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been out of the office with a cold. Anyways, to let you know, we have NEVER bored out a d-series headgasket. Do be able to do so, we need to make tooling and fixtures, all of which take a considerable amount of time. We may be able to do some d-series gaskets in the future, but for now, Cometic is the only route! I apologize!