Notices

Venom or Edelbrock Intake mani for turbo D16?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom or Edelbrock Intake mani for turbo D16?

Which manifold do you guys recommend in order to make the most power? I personally like the edelbrock manifold because it has the TB mount angled to help cylinders 3 and 4 not to run lean. My main concern is the ease of install with the Venom manifold because i dont see how you're suposed to mount the throttle cable. If anyone has any experience or input, post up!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Venom or Edelbrock Intake mani for turbo D16? (Iceman05)

go with the edelbrock, its probally cheaper. i bought the venom because i got a killer deal on it. it's all top end oriented power however......
Old 10-25-2005, 10:04 AM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: Venom or Edelbrock Intake mani for turbo D16? (Iceman05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Iceman05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Which manifold do you guys recommend in order to make the most power? I personally like the edelbrock manifold because it has the TB mount angled to help cylinders 3 and 4 not to run lean. My main concern is the ease of install with the Venom manifold because i dont see how you're suposed to mount the throttle cable. If anyone has any experience or input, post up! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a Venom but I switched to the Edelbrock because it fits my goals a lot better. I made a plate for the IACV to be remotely mounted, and modified the stock throttle cable bracket to work and bolt up to the fuel rait mount area. You'd also need to do some work for where the coolant goes through the manifold back into the block. PM me if you have any questions or want to buy my setup.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys, anyone else have some input?