Notices

Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware !

Old 12-11-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware !

OK mad props to Stoney, Jarret and Brad of Velocity Performance !! Just look at the purdy stuff !!! These pics just don't do Stoney's skillz justice ! The man is just a master Thank you again guys !

Modified by AcuraFreak at 5:16 PM 12/11/2004
Old 12-11-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (AcuraFreak)

hmmm of the same bov/charge pipe pics . . . . still nice though. Bump for Stoney and VP
Old 12-11-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (AVATAR)

Yup...I was just trying to show off his welds. Wish I could take pics of all the other pipe Stone did an FMIC just gotta see it in person I guess.

Oh yeah, props to Artubro for the parts too
Old 12-11-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (AcuraFreak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AcuraFreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup...I was just trying to show off his welds. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell him to lay off the pedal and add some filler metal.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (backpurge)

Hey Bucky thanx for all the support....If you didnt know we replaced his Revhard kit piping with Stoney custom IC piping and gained 26whp on the same map
Old 12-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (92SleepyHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92SleepyHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Bucky thanx for all the support....If you didnt know we replaced his Revhard kit piping with Stoney custom IC piping and gained 26whp on the same map </TD></TR></TABLE>

seen it in person...bling bling ......man has skills
Old 12-27-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (92SleepyHB)

Yup 322whp an 244tq on 11psi stock bottom and head. All said and done when turned down the boost to 8.5-9psi and still made 277whp and 200+tq

sc34 just loves boost as soon as we hit 10psi it was making great power !!
I would love to keep it cranked up but my goal was solid and safe. Which Stone nailed flat a/f all the way up to 11psi. But I wanna keep it on low boost for now.

New fully built block project will start ASAP.

I can't say enough about Stoney's skillz I thank the WHOLE shop as these dudes just know how to treat people and the work speaks for itself !!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92SleepyHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Bucky thanx for all the support....If you didnt know we replaced his Revhard kit piping with Stoney custom IC piping and gained 26whp on the same map </TD></TR></TABLE>

Didn't you guys change out intercooler as well as some other things besides just IC piping? Props on the fabwork.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (Bulldogg83)

All chromed out loll.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (Bulldogg83)

probably just went with larger piping . . .
Old 12-27-2004, 11:16 AM

where did you gain the 26 hp?
Old 12-27-2004, 11:40 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bulldogg83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Didn't you guys change out intercooler as well as some other things besides just IC piping? Props on the fabwork. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah we put a new Precision med FMIC and Tial bov, with all Stoney custom 2.5 pipe and a dump tube on the wastegate. you can't see all the ic pipe that's hidden, freakin tight ! Stone did an awesome job on all of it. Also added an aem fuel rail and b&m reg and 880 injectors. I am sure all that helped net some hp. But I think what we showed here is how bigger pipe helped the flow over your basic kit pipe.

I'm not even done on the all chromed out yet...

Modified by AcuraFreak at 7:14 PM 12/27/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Re: (btotherizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by btotherizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you gain the 26 hp?</TD></TR></TABLE>

we put all new pipe, fmic, fuel rail and reg and 880's on an used the same map I had before with 550's and the old 2.0 pipe and rev-hard fmic and rev-hard 2.5 charge pipe, stock fuel rail...And it netted 26 more whp and like 9 more pounds of tq on the first pull. same boost level. not sure exactaly where the gain was on the rpm scale...have to look at my dyno sheet. but my guess would be low-mid range.

not knockin the "kit guys" out there but i have no prob spending the money i did to net 26 more whp and 9tq

Modified by AcuraFreak at 3:00 PM 12/27/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck melting those AC lines
Old 12-27-2004, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (Muckman)

^^ Yeah, no **** look how close these are. I think you need to move them down a bit, or re-route them out of the way.

Very nice work though.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (Muckman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good luck melting those AC lines </TD></TR></TABLE>

kinda close ehh yeah we shall solve that. im not worried im in good hands

Modified by AcuraFreak at 7:15 PM 12/27/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 05:44 PM
RMF

[QUOTE=AcuraFreak]OK mad props to Stoney, Jarret and Brad of Velocity Performance !! Just look at the purdy stuff !!! These pics just don't do Stoney's skillz justice ! The man is just a master Thank you again guys !

Why is there a scab welded in there . Cut it off twice and it was still to short?

Modified by RMF at 7:17 PM 12/27/2004
Old 12-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (backpurge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backpurge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell him to lay off the pedal and add some filler metal. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-27-2004, 06:50 PM
RMF

[QUOTE But I think what we showed here is how bigger pipe helped the flow over your basic kit pipe.
=AcuraFreak]

When you put bigger tubing than the size of the exit of the turbo.It just makes it take longer to build pressure.(boost)Your not going to gain anything by making
more area to fill up with air.Unless it spools up to soon for you. Exaggerated example- say you have a 55 gallon drum you want to fill up with water.The water service has a 1 inch hole on it .Now would it fill the drum fill up faster if you put a 3 inch hose on the water service?Or would it have to fill the hose up first then the drum?

Old 12-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware ! (RMF)

Yeah, lets get real here, you didn't gain 26hp by bigger ic piping. And, I can't really believe that you went from 550's to 880's on the same map. The ic will gain hp, that's about it. Oh, Stoney, better start using some filler on those welds man!

RMF, cut it off twice and it's still too short, that's classic!
Old 12-27-2004, 07:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AcuraFreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah we put a new Precision med FMIC and Tial bov, with all Stoney custom 2.5 pipe and a dump tube on the wastegate. you can't see all the ic pipe that's hidden, freakin tight ! Stone did an awesome job on all of it. Also added an aem fuel rail and b&m reg and 880 injectors. I am sure all that helped net some hp. But I think what we showed here is how bigger pipe helped the flow over your basic kit pipe.

I'm not even done on the all chromed out yet...

i]Modified by AcuraFreak at 7:14 PM 12/27/2004[/i]</TD></TR></TABLE>

reason I asked is because I knew that there was more to the HP gain than just the IC piping and that's where the intercooler, injectors, bov came into play.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backpurge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell him to lay off the pedal and add some filler metal. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AcuraFreak)

you can't get use the same map bro.. you will actually be leaning out. that is probably why you make that extra 26whp. now i can understand if you tuned the extra part you added in to make an additional 26whp gain then that is understandable. Weather has it's share of inputs too.. so many factors..
Old 12-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AcuraFreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

kinda close ehh yeah we shall solve that. im not worried im in good hands

Modified by AcuraFreak at 7:15 PM 12/27/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.don't let these girls sweat you about your set-up.i think it looks nice.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:41 AM

Default Re: (lsvtecpower)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsvtecpower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can't get use the same map bro.. you will actually be leaning out. that is probably why you make that extra 26whp. now i can understand if you tuned the extra part you added in to make an additional 26whp gain then that is understandable. Weather has it's share of inputs too.. so many factors.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My bad ! Hell I don't know..LOL! That is what we did...For the record we added a base map, fired the car up and it idled perfect then tuned. DUH ! And yeah I know alot of factors would have added that 26whp and im not saying just the pipe did all that. If you read what I said I think the bigger pipe AND the extra parts HELPED alot.

My point was, I think the bigger pipe we added over just your standard kit pipe I had helped me gain that extra hp. But yes, lots of factors involved here.

Tony you tunned this car before I owned it. I have no clue what happened during the time (which was a year later when I bought the car) but it sucked ***, and was **** poor rich and 75whp off from your tune when I got the car. I'm sure a lot of things could have happened during that time. And I am not implying anything buy it. Not your fault perhaps. But it sucked ! Sorry ! I think you know Stoney's skills are razor sharp ! And I am certain you also know, he knows what he is doing. I in NO way am trying to stir **** up here...So don't get all bent outta shape anyone. Geeezzz.

Funny we laughed about all of this before I posted this...We knew the flames and comments would come. I guess when a shop and a tuner does well and is kicking ***. People are gonna hate. Sad...I thought this scene was all about helping and supporting one another. For the most part some of you should know better. I stand behind it though it was fun and Stone did an awesome job ! I am happy !
Flame on

Modified by AcuraFreak at 9:10 AM 12/28/2004

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Velocity Performance=Wanna See Some Bling ? 56K beware !