Notices

VAFC or AVCR better for tune on boost

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAFC or AVCR better for tune on boost

i have a stock gsr running with 450 injectors and i need a tune i was wondering if it is better to tune it with a vafc or a avcr untill i have the money the buy the program i want or else i also have another option of chipping my computer with a dyno tuned chip for boost but from another car so what would be the best option
Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: VAFC or AVCR better for tune on boost (BrAiNdEaD247)

AVCR is a boost controller.
VAFC is a vtec air fuel controller.

The boost controller is not going to help you with fuel adjustments, the vafc will... so pretty obvious which I would choose. That is IF I were only limited to those options, which we are not... I used a AFC hack temp. and I will never consider doing so agian. It worked to get me to a tuner but... quality management is hands down the only way to go for many reasons.

Honestly you could do a more quality management solution for around the same price as a new AFC. Maybe consider something a little better than just a fuel controller now. You may want to read some older threads on the AFC hack but needless to say it has some definative negative aspects to its use in this situation.... like a lack of timing control and how it skews the maps.

I can link you to the threads about this if you cannot find them but agian consider going straight to a chipped ecu or something better for your money.