Notices

Vacuum leak....places to find/look

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum leak....places to find/look

Ok im running a b16a garrett turbo in my 95 DX. So i drove my car from GA back to MN when i got out of the army. (MISTAKE) But when i got home i was running XS mani and noticed i had a crack in it. Slowly it started to loose vacuum pressure. Normally running 20. But it SLOWLY kept creeping down to where it has stayed at 4!!! Now i know that the cracked mani wouldnt be causing this but thought it might be tied into something that is causing the "problem." I have replaced all the vac lines and and trying to listen for a "sucking" sound but cant seem to hear one. My car idle goes up and down but only between 1K-1500. ANd its not real fast...more slow. about 1-2 seconds inbetween. So im not to sure if thats why i cant hear. But my MAIN question is what problems have you guys ran across with your set ups, if at all, that are similar to mine? Any ideas? Me and my buddy from UTI are trying to trouble shoot but lack of garages and tools are kinda limited at times and my work schedule sucks. Any help would be great! ALSO any fellow h-t'er in the twin cities that might be able to lend a helping hand would be nice Thanks again for the help