Notices

vacum lines with profec b spec II..help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacum lines with profec b spec II..help

Here is a pic of my setup..Is it properly connected?I'm afraid that NC port isn't right connected.Is difference if add another T fitting for NC port between FPR and IM or is right to connect NC port to line which goes to side port of the WG..

Here's a pic..

Old 05-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vacum lines with profec b spec II..help (jure)

its just not a solid vacuum/boost source.

if you can instead of running a vac line from side of wastegate to manifold and fpr try running a vac line from side of wastegate to port on your compressor housing if you have one there. then TEE the NC side of the solonoid into that vac line.

out your fpr vac line back to normal by connecting it back to the mani byitself
Old 05-07-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: vacum lines with profec b spec II..help (NextelBuddy)

I agree with your last paragraph :-)
Old 05-07-2004, 12:45 PM
sh!t happens.

G

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NextelBuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its just not a solid vacuum/boost source.

if you can instead of running a vac line from side of wastegate to manifold and fpr try running a vac line from side of wastegate to port on your compressor housing if you have one there. then TEE the NC side of the solonoid into that vac line.

out your fpr vac line back to normal by connecting it back to the mani byitself</TD></TR></TABLE>

cant explain any better
Old 05-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is actually a real simple task . i forget which ports get which . but one gets vac from the top of the wastegate. and the other port get a vac source. before i had my vac block i just ran it T'ed into the side port of the WG line that went to a vac source. plain and simple
Old 05-07-2004, 01:06 PM

I don't have a port on compressor housting..What's wrong with line from FPR to side port of the WG?
Old 05-07-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Re: vacum lines with profec b spec II..help (itr206)

Where did you get a vac. source?From compresor housting or from FPR?
Old 05-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the most turbos have a brass nipple or barbed fitting on them to connecto to the side port of the wastegate or even to a internal wastegate. and its not realyl a vac source its a boost only source thats why i like it. i dotn really care about the 1 psi pressure drop i get from reading boost before the intercooler.

everytime u TEE somethign off a vc source you lose "sensitivity" hence why poeple get a vac manifold and tee it inbetween the brake booster and intake manifold because that is a real solod vac source. if you must use something else besides the nipple on the compressor housing then run a vac line from the side port of the wastegate to a vac source on the intake manifold by itself then TEE the NC side of the solonoid intoe that vac line. i personally like using the compressor as a source for the wastegate. i have neer had any problems and no spiking issues.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NextelBuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i personally like using the compressor as a source for the wastegate. i have neer had any problems and no spiking issues.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so if he doesn't have a nipple on the compressor housing and you say it would be better to use this nipple - would it make sense to weld such a nipple on the piping next to the turbo and connect the lines from there to the side port of the WG to get a similar effect? would that nipple have to be on the intake or the exhaust side of the compressor?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NextelBuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you must use something else besides the nipple on the compressor housing then run a vac line from the side port of the wastegate to a vac source on the intake manifold by itself then TEE the NC side of the solonoid intoe that vac line.</TD></TR></TABLE>

isn't that what his drawing actually shows? what about the FPR?
Old 05-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: vacum lines with profec b spec II..help (Roky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Roky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
isn't that what his drawing actually shows? what about the FPR?</TD></TR></TABLE>

kind of. but the fpr is using the vac source at the same time the wastegat is havingit hooked up like that. it wouldbe much better to just have everything have their own vac source if he can not use a nipple on the compressor housing.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:55 AM

so can you think of another vac source that would be better except the compressor housing?
where would you suggest to hook up the WG if it shouldn't be attached to the FPR at the same time? what options does he have?
Old 05-09-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Re: vacum lines with profec b spec II..help (Roky)

anyone?
Old 05-09-2004, 08:34 AM
New User

Go to greddy.com and click on the tech section and it has the english instructions and diagram. Make sure you look at the correct diagram for external waste gate.