Notices

Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question

I was wanting to use my cold air intake as part of my charge piping and i was wording about the nipple on it (where the line goes from the intake to the valve cover)
if i could cut it out and place my BOV there or is that to close to the manifold?
or could i use this to hook my boost gauge up to the boost gauge dose tap in to the charge piping right?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (crxzcracer)

boost gauge goes to vacuum source AFTER throttle plate

you could just plug it up.. or weld it shut.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (dustin)

but what about putting the bov there ?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (crxzcracer)

it would work... here is mine:

Not quite as close but still pretty close to the TB
Old 03-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (dustin)

just put a plug on the nipple .. you do know your blow off valve does not HAVE to go there.. im using my cold air intake in my turbo setup and my bov is on the charge pipe before the intercooler..
Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (konigturbocivic)

i know it dosent have to go there i just wanted to know if it was ok to put it there or if it would **** things up
Old 03-26-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (konigturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by konigturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just put a plug on the nipple .. you do know your blow off valve does not HAVE to go there.. im using my cold air intake in my turbo setup and my bov is on the charge pipe before the intercooler..</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH, AUTOMATIC at 11psi...

one more time, BUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAH...

im ok now, peace
Old 03-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (turboda6)

I'll work, I used my AEM cai and welded a aluminum hks ssq bov onto it. As far as the nipple I just stuck a bolt into it and jb welded it.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Automatics dont need bov ... dont give advice out.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (turboda6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboda6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH, AUTOMATIC at 11psi...
one more time, BUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAH...
im ok now, peace</TD></TR></TABLE>
Your a tool, IMO.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Automatics dont need bov ... dont give advice out.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
You have to let off the gas sometime. Just because you dont do it in between every gear, doesnt mean it wont benefit from having one.

And YES, the bloff off valve will work fine if you place it where the nipple is/was.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (rioninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You have to let off the gas sometime. Just because you dont do it in between every gear, doesnt mean it wont benefit from having one.

And YES, the bloff off valve will work fine if you place it where the nipple is/was. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Always trying to correct someone? I said it doesn't need one, never said it wouldn't benefit.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Always trying to correct someone? I said it doesn't need one, never said it wouldn't benefit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why, because automatic owners never let off the throttle? On a drag car maybe, but most of us here have street driven cars. So yes there is a huge benefit to having a BOV.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Automatics dont need bov ... dont give advice out.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously wtf are you talking about....

hope that was a joke or some sort and maybe we just didn't get it...
Old 03-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (rioninja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rioninja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why, because automatic owners never let off the throttle? On a drag car maybe, but most of us here have street driven cars. So yes there is a huge benefit to having a BOV. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop beating a dead horse. Everyone knows what the hell a BOV does.

You let off a manual transmission its still at a certain rpm but dropping slowly.

You let off an automatic, rpm drops a large amount say goodbye to spooled turbo, no serious pressure to beat on the throttle plate all of a sudden.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stop beating a dead horse. Everyone knows what the hell a BOV does.

You let off a manual transmission its still at a certain rpm but dropping slowly.

You let off an automatic, rpm drops a large amount say goodbye to spooled turbo, no serious pressure to beat on the throttle plate all of a sudden.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you retarded? You should really know WTF you are talking about before trying to act all hard and correcting people. RPM drop has exactly ZERO to do with how much pressure is left in the charge pipe when the throttle plate slams shut. Regardless of auto or manual, a BOV is still required to prevent the excess boost from making its way back through the charge piping and into the compressor. Running without a BOV is a wonderful way to break a turbo shaft too, you should try it sometime, asshat.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (nfn15037)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nfn15037 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you retarded? You should really know WTF you are talking about before trying to act all hard and correcting people. RPM drop has exactly ZERO to do with how much pressure is left in the charge pipe when the throttle plate slams shut. Regardless of auto or manual, a BOV is still required to prevent the excess boost from making its way back through the charge piping and into the compressor. Running without a BOV is a wonderful way to break a turbo shaft too, you should try it sometime, asshat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No one is ''acting hard'' if anyone is it's you calling names, and claiming who knows what... pressure will drop slowing and it will cause lag... but this is an AUTOMATIC.

You can trying reading the thread first idiot, I never said it wont benefit.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:29 AM

Wow so you really don't know what you are talking about.

Again, transmission type has zero bearing on how much excess charge there is inside the charge pipes.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nfn15037 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow so you really don't know what you are talking about.

Again, transmission type has zero bearing on how much excess charge there is inside the charge pipes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Opinionated ******* **** like this doesn't get you any Honda-Tech cool points
Old 03-27-2005, 06:56 AM

at this point i think i lost brain cells from reading this!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (CUSTOMCONNECTION)

midship
you have no clue what the hell your talking about, you really shouldn't even bother posting on this subject anymore. Your answers are completely wrong, you have no idea what your talking about...

Your trying to make a point but it's getting you no where. A BOV is defenitely benficial in ANY turbo setup on just about any motor. Why....because its there to relieve pressure not keep your RPMs up.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nfn15037 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow so you really don't know what you are talking about.
Again, transmission type has zero bearing on how much excess charge there is inside the charge pipes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stop beating a dead horse. Everyone knows what the hell a BOV does.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
It doesn't seem like YOU do.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Opinionated ******* **** like this doesn't get you any Honda-Tech cool points </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh my god, you are ******* stupid
and you obviously do not know what a bov does
Old 03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

midshipcivic you are just dumb, there is no question about that.

ill explain for you since your so ******* stupid on why an automatic NEEDS a blow off valve just as much as a manual car..

when you start from a stop or driving at normal speed you hit the gas even if its just part throttle the car will build boost in my case 11psi.. now when i get up to the speed i want to go i let off the gas slightly to maintain my speed.. since there is 11psi in my pipes and an throttle plate which is only open say less than 10% where do you think the extra 11psi is going to go *******.. in fact i still get some compressor surge with my dsm bov in that condition..

also when i race, when the race is over and i let off the gas where do you think the boost is going to go?? IT NEEDS A BLOW OFF VALVE.. dumbass

i dont understand how some people can just be so dumb and act like they know everything.. people like MIDSHIPCIVIC AND TURBODA6 need to shut their mouths and do some reading or actually think before they talk.. im sure that wont happen because it actually requires work.. which im sure they are to lazy to do..

Old 03-29-2005, 06:01 PM

Funny ****.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question (sharkcohen)

Awesome

Quick Reply: Using cold air intake for charge piping 2 part question