Notices

::used garrett T3 questions::

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 12:46 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ::used garrett T3 questions::

i bought this turbo used.. its off a saab, its a T3 but bolting it up to a drag manifold it will sit backwards(compresser side to the right) will this effect anything?? can i rotate the compresser?? i mean with the way it bolts up to the manifold in order to have the compresser inlet face down it would put the wastegate in the engine block. i hope that makes sence.. thanxx
Old 08-17-2003, 12:50 PM

Default Re: ::used garrett T3 questions:: (spock_rocker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought this turbo used.. its off a saab, its a T3 but bolting it up to a drag manifold it will sit backwards(compresser side to the right) will this effect anything?? can i rotate the compresser?? i mean with the way it bolts up to the manifold in order to have the compresser inlet face down it would put the wastegate in the engine block. i hope that makes sence.. thanxx</TD></TR></TABLE>

What engine is this on?
I used the same set-up on my car (drag manifold + garrett t3 saab)
Just loosen the boots on the compressor housing and rotate it easily done.
Mine fit just fine (d15 and b16) with no clearance issues.
And i actually prefer the compressor on the driver side (drag style)
Old 08-17-2003, 06:33 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: ::used garrett T3 questions:: (b16ahybrid)

i have a D16. and i have a drag mani as well. i figured i could rotate the compresser but i wanted to be sure. how was that turbo for you?? also were you able to get a filter on that side as well. thanxx.. any knowledge you can provide would rock!!
Old 08-19-2003, 04:08 PM

Default Re: ::used garrett T3 questions:: (spock_rocker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a D16. and i have a drag mani as well. i figured i could rotate the compresser but i wanted to be sure. how was that turbo for you?? also were you able to get a filter on that side as well. thanxx.. any knowledge you can provide would rock!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

The turbo was a perfect match IMO. It spooled quick and pulled hard up to redline. It made decent power.
I just went to home depot and got a 3'' 90 degree pvc elbow with a 3'' - 2.5'' rubber reducer. fit just fine between the compressor and frame rail. It placed the filter rite behind the intercooler.