Notices

Us turbo guys (darkside) rule.... AREA UNDER CURVE RULES!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Us turbo guys (darkside) rule.... AREA UNDER CURVE RULES!!

Most poeple who don't know **** always just rely on PEAK hp and think they are faster.....

get a regular N/A like an rsx with about 165whp or so and compare that to say even a 160whp turbo car.....

who will win??? obviously the turbo, area under the curve, more hp at earlier rpm and way more tq... stupid ricers think peak hp means jack ****, especailly in N/A

DARK SIDE RULES!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Us turbo guys (darkside) rule.... AREA UNDER CURVE RULES!! (reignofchaos)

homestar runner
Old 11-05-2003, 09:58 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Us turbo guys (darkside) rule.... AREA UNDER CURVE RULES!! (reignofchaos)

yeah. more area under the torque curve for a given rpm range means greater overall acceleration.

my next car will be a large displacement NA motor. broad flat torque curve with none of the complexities of the turbo.

but for now its 1.8L boost baby!
Old 11-06-2003, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Us turbo guys (falconGSR)

thats exactly why using too big of a turbo is gay. A small one won't make the peak power but it will be pulling hard several thousand RPM sooner. Using most of your turbos potential making 230whp on your t3/t4
Old 11-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Us turbo guys (Bailhatch)

but what happens, when the turboed is spooled? you dont drop below 6krpms when racing anyways..
Old 11-06-2003, 08:43 AM
What is this crap?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats exactly why using too big of a turbo is gay. A small one won't make the peak power but it will be pulling hard several thousand RPM sooner. Using most of your turbos potential making 230whp on your t3/t4 </TD></TR></TABLE>

although i see your point, a flame war is on the horizon.

this is my attempt to ward it off.

because there is a direct coorelation between HP and 1/4 mile times. and a bigger turbo usually IS better, there is simply more usable energy at higher rpm. the engine will be in the peak effeciency range, the correct turbo will be in the peak effeciencty range, the larger turbine means less exhaust manifold restriction, and so on.

now on the street, i personally prefer a smaller turbo than i would use on a drag only car. more usable power. and i dont like revving high all the time. yes my car is slower. no, i dont care. its just a hobby to me.

if you really wanna haul ***, a proper big turbo is the way to go.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll take my big turbo and lag over a small turbo anyday
Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

although i see your point, a flame war is on the horizon.

this is my attempt to ward it off.

because there is a direct coorelation between HP and 1/4 mile times. and a bigger turbo usually IS better, there is simply more usable energy at higher rpm. the engine will be in the peak effeciency range, the correct turbo will be in the peak effeciencty range, the larger turbine means less exhaust manifold restriction, and so on.

now on the street, i personally prefer a smaller turbo than i would use on a drag only car. more usable power. and i dont like revving high all the time. yes my car is slower. no, i dont care. its just a hobby to me.

if you really wanna haul ***, a proper big turbo is the way to go.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Didn't ,mean to start anything but I think for %80 of us these oversized turbos are just something to brag about since most of us spend alot of time between 4k and 7k not 6 and 8. Of course personal preferance is going to determine what you are happy with. I like it on the smaller side also so I can make the camaro driver cry NOW not in two or three seconds when I hit 7K and finally get my Hp. plus auto-x owns me in the summer so good response while adding lots of Hp makes me happy
to each his own i guess
Old 11-06-2003, 12:22 PM
What is this crap?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">plus auto-x owns me in the summer so good response while adding lots of Hp makes me happy
to each his own i guess</TD></TR></TABLE>

lots more straight line peak power freaks here thats all.