Notices

Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 01:51 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION

A continuation of my original post https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=123490
--
After a month, I now can say that my Hondata troubles are no more. *whew*

In a nutshell, in accordance to the succession of problems:

1) I purchased a Hondata 2B and couldn't boost past 3psi because I'd hit a boost cut due to the wrong chip in the blue box.
2) I couldn't configure anything because the clutch switch and red button was mislabeled on the blue box.
3) I couldn't get the shift light to work despite a correct installation per Hondata's instructions. Polarities were wrong.
4) VTEC was not engaging with the Hondata P28 ECU.

Well after talking to Doug, he immediately sent me a new chip. That fixed my boost-cut problem. The labels and the shift light problem apparently were manufacturing slip-ups and a 'few' bad units shipped out. I happen to be one of the recipients. The VTEC problem was due to a faulty ECU and Doug promptly sent me a replacement. So where do I stand now? All is well and I need to get tuned!

For my troubles, I received a free Hondata Heatshield Gasket, a free 3B upgrade, and a Datalogging upgrade for practically peanuts!

Doug definately took the time to assure that my problems were solved. He made the LD phone calls, left messages, and wrote emails. That is top notch customer service ya'll.

I feel it shouldn't have happened, but I understand that sometimes it does. Hmmm, I suppose that by me going through these Hondata frustrations I've become a martyr of sort. It is proof that I can share with you H-Tech members that the principle of good customer service and strong product backing defines the quality of its product. - Hondata is Real -

Old 02-24-2002, 02:14 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (Pritos)

That is what I enjoy hearing. I knew if doug saw this he would have taken care of you. Now, Im happy you are enjoying it. Boost happy

art
Old 02-24-2002, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (Arturbo)

nice. Good customer service is always a plus!
Old 02-24-2002, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (Pritos)

My hondata setup had the wrong chip installed, they also forgot to solder the interface box connection to the ECU board.

I talked to doug, and we got it all fixed in a couple weeks....he also thru in a heatshield gasket for me too!

They have very good customer service, but I think hondata could save alot of money if they take their time just a little more, and don't have problems in the first place.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (HXMan)

They are a relatively new company, so of course they are gonna have teething problems.
However, they seem to be taking really good care of their customers when they do slip up by compensating them quite nicely. (which is always a good thing)

Tom
Old 02-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (HXMan)

I'm glad to hear Doug took care of your problems and even made up for the mistakes with some freebies and upgrades. I look forward to purchasing a 4b in the upcoming months and know that Doug will stand behind his products and help me should I have any problems.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (Tomakit)

... and these group buys are going to be bringing many more satisfied FI customers.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:01 AM
New User

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (zygspeed)

I wish I had your luck. I still don't have my turbo and downpipe back from f-max. My car has been sitting on jack stands for 3 weeks now.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (DeeJay)

that's good to hear. great customer service is always a plus.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Upset, frustrated, and disappointed with my Hondata 2B - PART II - RESOLUTION (DeeJay)

I wish I had your luck. I still don't have my turbo and downpipe back from f-max. My car has been sitting on jack stands for 3 weeks now.
Sounds like typical fmax...

Doug@Hondata=
Scott@FMAX=

[edit-Doh!]

[Modified by apexii, 9:22 AM 3/1/2002]