Notices

ummm...turbo help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ummm...turbo help?

Hey guys. My friend just recently swaped a K20R into a EG6 hatch. He also recently slapped on a turbo on it. Here is his setup.

Rev Hard manifold
Tial 38 mm wastegate .6 bar
Garret turbo .53/.60
custom "2.5 downpipe
FMU
Stock type-R injectors
Greddy RS BOV
"2.5 intercooler piping
Apexi GTRcore intercooler
3" custom mandrel bent exhaust
Hondata K-PRO running the Rev Hard base map on 310cc injector setting

Im pretty sure thats his setup. Now the question. His car has a rev limit of 3 or 4 grand. When he lets of the gas, it back fires, LOUD. It idles a little rough, like a wrx almost. occasionaly it dies. what could be causing his car to be acting this way? Before the turbo, the motor ran buttery smooth with no problems. After the turbo went in, it seems like it went down hill. No idea what could be wrong. Any input would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:49 AM

Default Re: ummm...turbo help? (xsrbase)

By the way, i forgot to add that the motor is completely stock internally, except for a clutch and flywheel.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsrbase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It idles a little rough, like a wrx almost. occasionaly it dies. </TD></TR></TABLE>
wrx? maybe a blown ringland. have you done a compression test?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:48 AM

He needs a tune. He's retarted to run a base map on a nice setup, and it's not sized for his injectors. I am not familiar with K-Pro, but it sounds like he is in limp mode. Tell him to drive his car to the tuner and stop ******* around. Ringlands and headgasket may be on the way out.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsrbase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys. My friend just recently swaped a K20R into a EG6 hatch. He also recently slapped on a turbo on it. Here is his setup.

Rev Hard manifold
Tial 38 mm wastegate .6 bar
Garret turbo .53/.60
custom "2.5 downpipe
FMU
Stock type-R injectors
Greddy RS BOV
"2.5 intercooler piping
Apexi GTRcore intercooler
3" custom mandrel bent exhaust
Hondata K-PRO running the Rev Hard base map on 310cc injector setting

Im pretty sure thats his setup. Now the question. His car has a rev limit of 3 or 4 grand. When he lets of the gas, it back fires, LOUD. It idles a little rough, like a wrx almost. occasionaly it dies. what could be causing his car to be acting this way? Before the turbo, the motor ran buttery smooth with no problems. After the turbo went in, it seems like it went down hill. No idea what could be wrong. Any input would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

IF your Running K-Pro then I dont think you would need an FMU anymore.,, Could be the Cause of all the back firing. Is he running 310 Injectors ?

EDIT- FMU and Stock Type R Injectors- and K-Pro., Go And Take it to Tune, And buy some Bigger Injectors. Unless the Stock Type R one are 310 ??? Im not sure
Old 04-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the only time ive hear an inline sound like a WRX is when i burned some valves or when i helped install HKS 272 cams on my friends EVO.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 AM

Default Re: ummm...turbo help? (ichbinsobose)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ichbinsobose &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He needs a tune. He's retarted to run a base map on a nice setup, and it's not sized for his injectors. I am not familiar with K-Pro, but it sounds like he is in limp mode. Tell him to drive his car to the tuner and stop ******* around. Ringlands and headgasket may be on the way out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sound exactly like limp mode.