Notices

UGR/Blox Manifold with Driver Side Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UGR/Blox Manifold with Driver Side Compressor

Hey everyone! I know this is my first post, but I've used the site a few times now to help with my problems without subscribing. Now I've got a problem that I haven't seen anyone talk about and I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

I've got a UGR manifold for my T3/T4 turbo. The turbo looks to be an eBay copy, but I put money into it to rebuild it. My goal was to put in the turbo and keep my A/C in my EG, but I found out through trial and error (and research) that the eBay turbo doesn't fit like a true Garrett and A LOT of grinding would need to be done on the block. Well, I'm not alright with that, so now my plans have changed.

I plan to take out my A/C (save it so I can put it back later), and run my turbo flipped around with the compressor on the driver side of the car. This pushed it way out it seems to where the half radiator and radiator support might be an issue.

I'm looking for someone who might have any pictures or experience with this configuration and an "a/c compatible" manifold. Any advice or light is welcome. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UGR/Blox Manifold with Driver Side Compressor

No one is running this kind of setup?? I figured at least a few people would have something like this!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_YPZ5w8q_ni0/TI...0/SANY0007.JPG

here are two pics with a t3t4 with a blox log manifold and blows cold a/c. limited to a 2.5" downpipe right by compressor

Last edited by fcluddington; 09-23-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate the pics, but I need some confirmation of the compressor on the driver side (reverse of what you showed me)

My ebay turbo doesn't fit with this manifold in that configuration, so I need to know if anyone (without A/C) has run this manifold with the turbo flipped around
Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u shouldn't have any fitment issues if running that manifold with the compressor on the driverside and ac removed along with the ac compressor removed. and btw, if you want to run the compressor on the passengerside to retain ac, you only have to grind a small portion of the block webbing.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't have a/c but it looks like there should be a lot of room to run a/c

this is with it flipped around....i'm not too sure. didn't get a good pic though

Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Terrible One
u shouldn't have any fitment issues if running that manifold with the compressor on the driverside and ac removed along with the ac compressor removed. and btw, if you want to run the compressor on the passengerside to retain ac, you only have to grind a small portion of the block webbing.
My ebay turbo won't fit in the A/C configuration because it fits like a 4-bolt style. I already ground all the webbing off trying, and then I found the info I was looking for online somewhere that told me this. When you try to snug the manifold up to the block, the compressor hits the name plate. You'd have to take of A LOT of material to get it to fit, and I didn't want to do that.

Thanks for the pics also! I just took out the A/C today, and there is plenty of room to run it in this configuration. Those pics will also show me how I can run my intercooler piping too!! Thanks!