Notices

uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh?

why is this. i dont know what version to run. i make one in 1.6 and then in 1.7 and they are totally diferent. my a/f is bouncing between lean and rich, my car is going to get messed do im not going to start it until i get this sorted out. i would post in the uber forum but i have never been able to register. anyone know why?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (hamburgler)

ttt
Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (hamburgler)

Use 1.7 its the most stable version.Use a wideband start over and tune.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to retune when switching between these versions. There was a switch from 8-bit to 16-bit integers on the back end.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (raene)

i personally like 1.66 better, a/f ratio didn't fluctuate all over the place.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (unbanned_evosol)

When you switched from 1.6 to 1.7 did you switch from open loop to closed loop? Your AF ratio will always cycle around stoic if you are closed loop.

I did notice though that when I switched to 1.7 the values were much different, even on the part of the maps that I didn't touch. The 1.7 values were much higher for some reason.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 AM

just run 1.70 and tune it. Don't go backwards with the versions. You can't convert from 1.66 to 1.70 and expect them to be any where close.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (Cloner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cloner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Use 1.7 its the most stable version.Use a wideband start over and tune.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. Make your basemap in 1.7 starting with StockGSR and importing whatever fuel and ignition tables you need from one of the import only bins. Then burn the chip and start the tuning.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (King Tut33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King Tut33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly. Make your basemap in 1.7 starting with StockGSR and importing whatever fuel and ignition tables you need from one of the import only bins. Then burn the chip and start the tuning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I did, except I adjusted my timing values to match my old map, no need to retune that just to switch versions.

Or should I have retuned my timing as well?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

93turbo16, whats your opinion on 1.91/2/3?

did you ever get crome to work with the ostrich and older firmware?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: (unbanned_evosol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unbanned_evosol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">93turbo16, whats your opinion on 1.91/2/3?

did you ever get crome to work with the ostrich and older firmware?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I did get it to work with the new version of crome. 1.8 or whatever it is now.

Uberdata 1.91 and so on, worked just fine for me, I tested the real time emmulation for blake a long long time ago. The only problem I was having was opening maps and so on.

I still use Ost2 for the ostrich and 1.70 for chip burning and so on. I have been operating like this for as long as I can remember.

Just because it works.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

it used to work awsome for me, then one day it just started doing weird ****... and hasn't been the same since.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: (unbanned_evosol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unbanned_evosol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it used to work awsome for me, then one day it just started doing weird ****... and hasn't been the same since.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Make sure that you are not trying to use the same com port with both programs. When you are using crome, go into uberdata and move the com port to something different. That is also a problem when you have two versions of uberdata that run the ostrich. You have to make sure you have the version you are using, running the com port for the ostrich. THe others versions just need to be set to another one.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (raene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to retune when switching between these versions. There was a switch from 8-bit to 16-bit integers on the back end. </TD></TR></TABLE>

back end of what. how do i switch?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When you switched from 1.6 to 1.7 did you switch from open loop to closed loop? Your AF ratio will always cycle around stoic if you are closed loop.

I did notice though that when I switched to 1.7 the values were much different, even on the part of the maps that I didn't touch. The 1.7 values were much higher for some reason.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

huh, so in version 1.70 i want to check off the "closed loop disable?" what do i need to have done in version 1.70 so that i can still use my a/f gauge. i have a wideband ordered and its not here yet. its like a week late and i paid express mail so in the mean time i want to run a rom in 1.7 and still be able to monitor the air fuel gauge
Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one more thing, is it cool if i leave the ELD box unchecked?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamburgler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
huh, so in version 1.70 i want to check off the "closed loop disable?" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends if that's what you want to do or not. I am running closed loop in my car because I like the gas mileage and I don't want to have to deal with part throttle tunning. It's up to you whether you run closed or open loop.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamburgler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do i need to have done in version 1.70 so that i can still use my a/f gauge. i have a wideband ordered and its not here yet. its like a week late and i paid express mail so in the mean time i want to run a rom in 1.7 and still be able to monitor the air fuel gauge</TD></TR></TABLE>

You said your AF ratio was fluctuating a lot... I assumed you were reading a wideband. Narrowband won't tell you anything really. You don't have to do anything to the bin to use your air fuel gauge... maybe I'm not understanding correctly.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (EJ1 wilcox)

use 1.7. Its very stable for the most part. I don't know why you would use 1.66 when there is even a 1.9 out now. Oh and EJ1 you should give open loop a try. My car tuned with open loop runs like butter compared to having closed loop enabled.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Depends if that's what you want to do or not. I am running closed loop in my car because I like the gas mileage and I don't want to have to deal with part throttle tunning. It's up to you whether you run closed or open loop.

You said your AF ratio was fluctuating a lot... I assumed you were reading a wideband. Narrowband won't tell you anything really. You don't have to do anything to the bin to use your air fuel gauge... maybe I'm not understanding correctly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, i was NOT using a wideband. i have a a/f gauge that has 10 lights going from a shade of bright green (rich) and bright red (lean). at 3/4 throttle in boost it was instantly red then green and red again and back to the middle so my map was all over the place wasnt it? i wanted to run really rich the whole time until i get it tuned. this is all new to me so im learning fast. a couple days ago i had no idea what any of this ment so im doing alot of reading and asking alot of questions.

so here is the basemap i made in the fuel tables. the first pic is the lo and second is the high. this is what i was running for fuel maps when the a/g gauge was completely rich (good thing) and ill post some more pics in a second of what this same map looks like in version 1.66. so thats why im asking how does my computer know what map i should be running, 1.66 or 1.70???????? what if its reading all the spikes in the version 1.66 map and delivering that much fuel. my motor wont last very long.

Modified by hamburgler at 12:50 AM 8/5/2005
Old 08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stop screwing around and get a wideband. If your af gauge is reading lean in boost then that means you are very lean and should let off of it immediately.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamburgler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok not i was not using a wideband</TD></TR></TABLE>

Game over. You lose. You can't do any tuning without one period.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is the exact same map in version 1.66 that i made in version 1.70. first is lo and second pic is hi. isnt it all messed up????????

Old 08-04-2005, 03:52 PM

1.66 and 1.70 are not compatable...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stop screwing around and get a wideband. If your af gauge is reading lean in boost then that means you are very lean and should let off of it immediately. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes obviously ill let off the gas if its running lean. but now with the frist set of graphs i posted i was running rich all the way to 5500rpm and boost kicks in at 4500 so i think im safe now.

the second set of maps is what this first set of maps looks like in version 1.66 so what if my computer in my car is reading 1.66version and spitting out the nasty fuel map?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hamburgler &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL...

Try running that **** and see what happens!

I keed I keed! No really, make a basemap in 1.7 and tune from there with a wideband. If you don't have a wideband yet, wait for it to arrive. You won't get anywhere without the wideband.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well so you all agree with me that that map was messed. my car wouldnt last very long with all the spikes. so how does the first set of fuel maps look? im going to try and not drive my car until the wideband comes. ill do a compression test tonight and see if there was any damage

Quick Reply: uberdata basemaps in v 1.6 and then different in 1.7? huh?