Notices

twin radiator setup - anybody tried ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin radiator setup - anybody tried ?

Inpoint of cooling problems while the hot temperatures we are thinking about a twin radiatorsetup.
We plan to take a halfsize radiator (maybe stock or double thick as stock) and add a second custom buildt radiator parallel between the stock radiator and the intercooler. There should be enough room to put it in.
The plan is to take a Y from the water feed line and lead it to the second radiator then lead the water back trough an other Y into the return.

Any ideas, suggestions or experiences?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: twin radiator setup - anybody tried ? (hondaapi)

same thing as double size radiator, only more worthless. If all that room will allow is a 1/2 sized radiator, i s'pose it'll work for keeping coolant temps lower... but.... oh man, need i go on?

if high temperatures are plagueing you, what is your setup? motor (stock/modified [w/ what specs], turbo setup; including your size of intercooler and turbo/boost pressure).

i have limited (but knowledgable) experience of turboed motors in hot weather climates; so whatever information i can provide you with, i will.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:15 AM

your far better off getting a nice racing style radiator. I run a koyo racing rad myself and have no issues with cooling. I actualyl have issues with it being too cool at times.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: twin radiator setup - anybody tried ? (hondaapi)

A good half-width should be fine. I ran a Fluidyne half-width on a 408 WHP Civic on road courses (probably the worst thing you con do for heat build-up) and my temps never wavered.

Two will fit though, I actually have two radiators in mine, but one is for my air-water intercooler. It's prett easy, just took me a few minutes to mount mine, made a small bracket for the top and used a thick piece of rubber hose on the bottom and rested it on my traction bar cross-piece. Here's a pic: