Notices

Twin Plate Clutch for H22?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Twin Plate Clutch for H22?

I will be needing something crazy in the very near future and a Twin Plate seems like the way to go. I currently run an RPS sprung-6puck, but I will want to replace it when I boost.
I looked for OS GIKEN and couldn't find one for the H22....I also looked into Exedy, but go figure they only have them for the B series. There was another Japanese Twin Plate that was suggested to me but the Name totally slips my mind right now.
What kind of clutches are you 5-600whp guys using?
The car will be mostly a street driven car, but will see some Drag and RoadRace on occasion.
Any help or direction would be much appreciated....The search didn't really help.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Twin Plate Clutch for H22? (NirVTECn2o)

tilton
Old 03-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Twin Plate Clutch for H22? (Mase)

Yummy!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've heard a while back clutchmasters makes one for the h22..... 9sech22 on h22a.org is running one I think
Old 03-06-2004, 10:40 AM
WEST COAST

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NirVTECn2o &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will be needing something crazy in the very near future and a Twin Plate seems like the way to go. I currently run an RPS sprung-6puck, but I will want to replace it when I boost.
I looked for OS GIKEN and couldn't find one for the H22....I also looked into Exedy, but go figure they only have them for the B series. There was another Japanese Twin Plate that was suggested to me but the Name totally slips my mind right now.
What kind of clutches are you 5-600whp guys using?
The car will be mostly a street driven car, but will see some Drag and RoadRace on occasion.
Any help or direction would be much appreciated....The search didn't really help.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

OS GIKEN works great.. We have one are race H23/VTEC motor but we would only use it for All Motor applications.... becuase H22A and thier Oil Pumps are a Pain in the *** .... If your going to make 500+ hp I would rather use a Tilton Unit ... OS GIKENS Slip around 25+ psi on a turbo vehicles
Old 03-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Twin Plate Clutch for H22? (SPARK RACING INC.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPARK RACING INC. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OS GIKEN works great.. We have one are race H23/VTEC motor but we would only use it for All Motor applications.... becuase H22A and thier Oil Pumps are a Pain in the *** .... If your going to make 500+ hp I would rather use a Tilton Unit ... OS GIKENS Slip around 25+ psi on a turbo vehicles</TD></TR></TABLE>

I could only hope to get an OS to slip!......2 BAR here I come!!!
It seeme like the TILTON is the way to go....I am just trying to gather information right now because it will be a couple months before I pull the trigger....
Old 03-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right now with 360lbs of torque I run a ACT HA3-XTSS which is rated at 386LBS of torque. I am planning on putting down another 75whp so I wonder how much my torque will increase for another 5-8psi with a few other goodies added on my h23a?

I am thinking of upgrading to the ACT-HA3-XTR6 which handles 494ftlbs of torque for my new set-up though... but I really don't like the idea of having a 6 puck race disk on a daily driver. They also offere a 4 puck in this model as well. I would love to get a tilton clutch, but I do not race my car enough to justify spending $1400+ for a tilton. Anyone wanna sponsor me?
Old 03-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Twin Plate Clutch for H22? (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right now with 360lbs of torque I run a ACT HA3-XTSS which is rated at 386LBS of torque. I am planning on putting down another 75whp so I wonder how much my torque will increase for another 5-8psi with a few other goodies added on my h23a?

I am thinking of upgrading to the ACT-HA3-XTR6 which handles 494ftlbs of torque for my new set-up though... but I really don't like the idea of having a 6 puck race disk on a daily driver. They also offere a 4 puck in this model as well. I would love to get a tilton clutch, but I do not race my car enough to justify spending $1400+ for a tilton. Anyone wanna sponsor me? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I drive my RPS Sprung 6 puck on the street. I don't DD anymore, but I used to do ~60 Roundtrip with it.....Its rough on cold mornings, but once you're moving its fine. You do need ~2000rpms for a comfy start and it would rather not be shifted under 3500 or so......Definately tolerable! Especially in a ~400whp DD like yours.

My car will not be a daily driver, but will see some trips. Is it even worth going with the Tilton is I don't plan to race very often? Would that ACT do the trick for street driving and mild Drag? I would just hate to have to replace a clutch b/c it wouldn't handle to power.....