Notices

Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info (did search no info) Good or Bad ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Squirtin EGsr

Default Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info (did search no info) Good or Bad ?

Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info??? do you like?? goods and bads?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Squirtin EGsr

ttt before bed
Old 11-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (RiceRocket12s)

i here there great from my dealer if u want one pm me k
Old 11-10-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info (did search no info) Good or Bad ? (RiceRocket12s)

The E-boost is my favorite EBC out there. It has 3 stages of boost, and for each stage you can select when your wastegate starts to receive boost. This allows you to build boost faster and give a better mid-range powerband. And you can essentially tune out all forms of boost creep using this feature. It also has a digital boost/vac display, audible alarm, peak hold, adjustable sensitivity and an aux output, so you can run nitrous or water injection using this unit.

The best feature though, is ease of use. The thing is uber easy to use and play around with. My G/F understood in after using it one time. And, the e-boost has been proven to make more power, using same amount of boost, then a Greddy Spec 2.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info (powerls)

i was sold on this controller until i found a new AVCR for 300 bucks.

The e-Boost is the worlds first re-programmable boost controller utilizing FLASH memory technology, making it compatible with future software upgrades, meaning your e-Boost will never be out-dated. The e-Boost is more than just the best performing electronic boost controller, it is a complete boost management system, making Turbosmart a world leader in boost control systems. That's right folks this is a boost gauge & boost controller in the same package.

This revolutionary product is loaded with features, squeezed into a package small enough to fit in the palm of your hand: The latest in Hi-tech electronics, featuring a 16 bit RISC based FLASH memory CPU

– faster and smoother boost response Utilizes the latest in surface mount technology

– lighter, smaller and ultra compact Electronics are housed in an anodized billet aluminum alloy housing

– offering durability and reliability in harsh race conditions Programmable gate pressure function to totally eliminate wastegate creep

- you tell the wastegate when to open Three internally or externally activated and individually programmable boost set points Drag racers

- improve your launch, run a different boost in each gear High accuracy boost and vacuum display, readout accurate to within +/- 0.5% of full scale, boost gauge no longer required

– great value Readout can be tailored to suit your needs – display can be configured in KPA, Bar or PSI Easy to read seven segment display with programmable bar graph and glow in the dark buttons Programmable auxiliary output

– e.g. water spray control, water/methanol injection, boost light Programmable audible warning alarm

– excellent for over-boost warning or full boost confirmation Peak hold/Max Boost recall function Revolutionary gauge type construction allows many practical mounting solutions

– 66mm in diameter 55mm long. Suitable for Panel mounting, or in any 2 5/8 inch gauge pod or pillar mounting system.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info (did search no info) Good or Bad ? (RiceRocket12s)

i have one for sale asking 300 plus shipping. its nice i had it mounted to may cage. it was on the car for a month. paid 450 for it. pm me
Old 11-13-2004, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Turbosmart E-Boost.... any info (dome)

Is there any other way to configure the e-boost to change boost per gear? I 've seen switches and microswitches attached to the shifter, to do this. Is this the only way?
Old 11-20-2004, 04:27 PM

u can also you the greddy switch or any other swithcing unit
Old 11-21-2004, 02:46 AM

The E-boost is an excellent EBC. I think it is over looked alot of times because of its size and people sometimes don't realize the potential of this product.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very easy to use, and can be conveniently mounted in a gauge pod (no need to hack up a DIN pocket or a vent to install it). It works especially well with it's own Turbosmart Wastegate.

Although the gauge itself can be better quality.... The boost line is actually epoxy'd onto the back of the gauge. So if the tube ever cracks or breaks off close to the gauge from kinking it during install, it will basically become useless ---> VERY fragile. I didn't understand why they didn't put a barb fitting in the back of the gauge instead like all other boost gauges/EBC's out there

The LED display can also be a tad brighter... during a bright day, it is hard to read even when the sun does not hit it. Oh well, nothing is perfect... as long as it does its job well.

Here's a pic:
Old 11-21-2004, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, but does it control spiking as well as the Greddy Profec-B?

I''m also looking in to a boost controller now and I have to decide between three. The E-boost, the profec-b or the Innovative.

What do you guys think???
Old 11-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16A1-EF9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A1-EF9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, but does it control spiking as well as the Greddy Profec-B?

I''m also looking in to a boost controller now and I have to decide between three. The E-boost, the profec-b or the Innovative.

What do you guys think???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spiking can be caused by too many variables...from the manifold, the wastegate, the boost controller all the way to your vacuum routing (there are many more). I can assure you that you will never be able to find a straight answer on your question.

What I can tell you though is mine doesn't spike. Hope that helps.

Old 11-21-2004, 05:53 AM
Squirtin EGsr

i think i might buy one and try it out ... then write up a review for other people also... im just really liking the digital display and its small and easy to mount.... and from what a few of you guys are telling me is that its easy to use. anyone else have pics of it mounted ?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Spiking can be caused by too many variables...from the manifold, the wastegate, the boost controller all the way to your vacuum routing (there are many more). I can assure you that you will never be able to find a straight answer on your question.

What I can tell you though is mine doesn't spike. Hope that helps.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what you mean...
What I'm worried about is will the E-boost control it just as well as the Profec-B?
It would be nice to have a contoller that fits in my pillar pod.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16A1-EF9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A1-EF9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know what you mean...
What I'm worried about is will the E-boost control it just as well as the Profec-B?
It would be nice to have a contoller that fits in my pillar pod.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had a newer Profec-E01 before this, and it boasts to be much better than the Profec-B.

The E01 was very laggy and it was difficult to set up both auto or manual mode.

I switched over to the E-boost and it was just too easy to get everything working perfectly. At the same time, I am also running a Turbosmart 45mm Progate.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:34 PM

i can promise that the E-boost will not spike on you... because of it's unique gate pressure setting, you can select when the wastegate begins to open. And you can also adjust the senistivity for the unit. So, you can tune out all boost spike.

I had a couple of people say it caused the system to spike, but all it was is that the E-boost sensitivity was too low. I played around with it a bit and everything worked great.

Oh and for the people who are questioning the Profec B spec 2 vs the E-boost, check this link out.

http://www.jrponline.com/press/eboostdyno.jpg

also, if someone could please post that dyno pic up for me that would be great.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: (powerls)

Until the end of the year we have a sale going on all turbosmart products. It has been posted in the Force induction section.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1062569
Old 11-22-2004, 05:55 PM

Nice, I looked over the specs on turbosmarts website.

I will be looking for a EBC soon, but one important feature for me is gear/speed dependent boost control. Does anyone know how they do their gear dependent boost control. I've been setting my eyes on a SBC-iD but if this can get the job done, I would love to use it.

TIA
Old 11-22-2004, 07:04 PM

I have had the e-boost and it's a nice EBC. The only thing I don't really like is that they use valves to set boost pressure and stuff like that. eg. 0-100 for boost pressure which doesn't have much meaning behind it. but once you use the e-boost for a bit you get the drift of it.

I would say that it is one of the better EBC out there.