Notices

Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?!

Hey whuddup everyone, I haven't seen much if any around here in Oregon. If anybody here is from Oregon holla and maybe we can run. I want to see what some local boys can push! I know of only a couple. Thanks~
Old 10-31-2001, 03:06 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (Fobstylez)

Hey whuddup everyone, I haven't seen much if any around here in Oregon. If anybody here is from Oregon holla and maybe we can run. I want to see what some local boys can push! I know of only a couple. Thanks~
I knew a guy from Portland who had a Fmax turbo GSR, he blew it up after driving from arizona to texas at 100mph then half way to dallas he decided to do a top speed run.. KABOOM! I think he got the work done in cali though.. I thought it was an interesting story haha..
Old 10-31-2001, 03:16 PM

Did you go to PIR at all this year? I ran on two different occasions but went there almost every week. I pulled a 13.6 @ 103 @ 8psi on my friends turbo. Now finally after waiting 4 months i've got a new Ball bearing turbo in the mail. hope to make it back there before the snow starts hittin. check my bio for a good idea of what my car looks like.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (PureTeg420)

Im in Redmond. No turbo yet, planning on it in march thouhg.
Old 10-31-2001, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (PureTeg420)

no, I wasn't able to attend any PIR, been too busy lately, I wanted to. With this crappy weather I dont think I will later on either, now that I have free time. That's some nice times you got there. My car runs 13.8s but i'm selling it next week. How long are they doing the PIR thing? Till it snows? Not much portland folks on here as I would hope for.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:40 PM

not many Redmond foke either!
Old 10-31-2001, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (BLK94RS)

There are like 3 people with Turbo's in our car club Team Impulse up here in Vancouver,WA. 1 is a 99 Civic Si LS/VTEC Turbo, the other is a 98 Integra Type-R JDM Turbo, and our friend in Portland with a Turbo 99 Prelude SH running 14.5lbs of boost. Also my friend Ryan from SIK is running a 2000 Civic SI with stock bottom end at 13.5lbs of boost with stock ECU. Ran the 1/4 mile at 12.2 seconds. There are quite a few people, just not a lot of them daily drive them or are being worked on.
Old 11-01-2001, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (BodyKits NW)

damn, nice crew. What's the JDM and the lude run? And whuddup with the si? He swapped out his si with an ls/vtec? Just wondering. Needs some more daily drivers around here. But then again, A LOT of all motors!
Old 11-01-2001, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the 99 Si with the LS/VTEC is owned by a girl. She is AWESOME! Her name is Allie and this is her car. She is the person that started the crew and Team Impulse will be throwing Import Life 2 Car show next May. I'm like the 3rd or 4th member, but left for awhile since my car was stolen.

This is her car. She runs a Drag Gen 3 kit with a built LS/VTEC. She was having traction problems and won't up the boost right now. She is waitin to get her haltec. I believe her best time is 14.6 with Street Tires. I am not sure. She doesn't get traction till 3rd gear.

This is the JDM Teg. b18c5 with Drag Gen 3 Kit as well. He blew his motor and is rebuilding it right now. The person he bought it from when it was stock ran Nitrous and his rings were pretty bad.

Tyler's lude run's somewhere in the low 14's I believe, but he doesn't have slicks and can't get traction as well. He is running about 14lbs of boost on the stock block and has a F-max kit that he got from us.

Everyone should have slicks by next season. They are not cheap especially after spending money on other things to make the car go lol. But there yah go man. There are people in the area with turbo's Woosh!

[Modified by BodyKits NW, 4:15 PM 11/1/2001]

[Modified by BodyKits NW, 4:16 PM 11/1/2001]
Old 11-01-2001, 03:24 PM

nice cars, i've been that civic at lloyd center one time, some asian chick was driving it. Man a hot chick with a nice car, can't beat that now. I would think the lude runs faster though. I have a b16a with custom turbo and it already runs 13.8, so i would think the lude can do better. but then again that was with slicks. THe teg looks nice! JDM front end is always the way to go, but then again, my opinion. Hopefully have i'll a CRVTEC turbo by next season to be running with you guys!
Old 11-01-2001, 03:27 PM

Nice race design sticker on the windshield, aren't they opening a large shop near vancouver?
Old 11-01-2001, 05:34 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are definitly some nice cars... They not only look good but they are fast too.. Always a plus
Old 11-01-2001, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sup guys. I'm from Vancouver also. I'm away at college right now. I'm working on getting a car. 94-99 GSR, 99-00 SI, 97-00 Lude, 94-99 Ls (then tubro it). I've been having problems finding a clean car. Holla at me if you find any.

-Peace
Old 11-01-2001, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (machaf)

There are a tons of nice cars here in the Vancouver/Portland Area that you can buy. I have seen people selling SI shells with motors in them with no interior for like 6,000.00. But you just gotta find a good deal you know. The lavender car is owned by a white girl lol. "Caucasian" lol. I'm asian, and I don't know what asian girl could have been driving her car. She only lets a few people drive it.

Yah the JDM teg is nice. It has a full C-West Kit on it. I just remebered, that he sold his turbo. He is going all motor right now. My friend Tuan has a b20/VTEC 2000 Honda Civic SI. It is almost done and should be running pretty fast when everthing is dialed and tuned.

We believe in show and go Gotta back up the looks with some real power The lavender car also has a ZEX kit in it lol. Even though we are not much laughin gas fans, it's nice to have and show.

[Modified by BodyKits NW, 11:19 PM 11/1/2001]
Old 11-01-2001, 10:41 PM

hmm, well maybe it was another car, but the asian girl I saw had a similar car with custom interior too. CRVTEC is nice! Tell your friend tuan to turbo it! Yeah, there are a lot of nice rides around here, too bad we dont have a big import show, are do we?
Old 11-02-2001, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tuan is going to turbo it. He is running a setup very similiar to the Drag Gen 3 Kit I guess. We have not really talked about details. Yah there will be a car show in May. Import Life 2. If you wanna see pics of Import Life 1 then go to http://www.teamimpulse.com and click on Gallery. It will be in May at the Portland Convention Center. I am pretty sure that is where it is going to be. I have not gotten the vendor packet and all the details yet.

Old 11-02-2001, 10:05 AM

Cool man, when you get the into hook me up with the details. My last car show was HINs in seattle, that one licked some *****! I would love to see some crazy conversions, most of them were JDM front end conversion and turbo. Sweet and all, but with half of the cars there with that, no thanks.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a bad *** website you got bro!
Old 11-02-2001, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (machaf)

Thanks, gotta give props to our webmaster Bryan or Brian lol. I don't know which way he spells it.

Tuan will be running a B20VTEC with b16 head. I believe he will be running Endyn RW Pistons that are .5 over for a 84.5mm bore size, and also Endyn/Eagle Rods. The head will be a JE Pro Series b16 head and the turbo setup will be very very similar to the Drag Gen 3 kit, but with a few upgrades. He will probably use the Z10 Block Girdle to. For tuning he might get the Hondata, but he is lookin into the Speed Pro which I am gettin for my Civic Si. It is one of the best systems out there and I can tune on the fly. No need to burn a E-Prom chip. Just make the changes on my laptop and it's ready to go.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does any of you street race at all, when i get my turbo/supercharge i was going to come up there and take a shot at some rides(worth a shot ahy)
Old 11-03-2001, 01:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo's In Oregon! Where you at?! (Redracinghart)

No not really. We go time to time, but rarely. Nothing againt anyone, but it has just been filled with a lot of stupid kids these days and has gotten dangerous. A lot of people don't even race anymore, just chat and talk and run from the cops. I seriously would rather do something better with my time you know. My friends use to go a lot, almost every weekend, but has stopped. I have only been to a few because I didn't find it worth my time. I seriously would rather be spendin my Sat. night at a club or party with my friends. I can always hit the track and see them there. Plus its LEGAL lol.
Old 11-05-2001, 08:13 PM

If any of you Oregon guys are thinking about Hondata, please see this thread:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=86213