Notices

turbonetics Proof of sale sheet! t4 60-1 ball bearing turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbonetics Proof of sale sheet! t4 60-1 ball bearing turbo

Ok! I'm not sure if this will make any sense... But here's the skinny... I bought a T4 60-1 BB turbo from someone here on HT. It was BRAND NEW.. Had the box and tags and everything... I ran the turbo for about half of a race season and now the thing is BAD! It's smoking, there's oil in the inlet and exhaust side and there is quite a bit of shaft play... I called up Turbonetics and they are requiring a purchase slip or something like that to even get ANYWHERE w/ the turbo.

So to make a long story short.. I'm looking for someone who has bought a turbo directly from Turbonetics who still has this sheet that they are talking about... I'm looking to get it rebuilt or something... At least rebuilt so I can sell it or something...

Or any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: turbonetics Proof of sale sheet! t4 60-1 ball bearing turbo (RICE POLICE SIP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RICE POLICE SIP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok! I'm not sure if this will make any sense... But here's the skinny... I bought a T4 60-1 BB turbo from someone here on HT. It was BRAND NEW.. Had the box and tags and everything... I ran the turbo for about half of a race season and now the thing is BAD! It's smoking, there's oil in the inlet and exhaust side and there is quite a bit of shaft play... I called up Turbonetics and they are requiring a purchase slip or something like that to even get ANYWHERE w/ the turbo.

So to make a long story short.. I'm looking for someone who has bought a turbo directly from Turbonetics who still has this sheet that they are talking about... I'm looking to get it rebuilt or something... At least rebuilt so I can sell it or something...

Or any help would be greatly appreciated...</TD></TR></TABLE>

well first im not surprised your turbonetics is smoking, ive seen it happen a millino times, there seals SUCK. now about this proof of purchase nonsense there asking about thats just rediculous, ive sent a few turbo's in to them and they never asked for that, most turbo companies will repair it on a "case by case" basis. like if it looks like user abuse/neglect they dont fix it, if it looks flawed they fix it.

one thing though i was sending them in as a retailer cause i used to work at a shop for a tuner so maybe tahts why, maybe a local shop will be willing to help you out?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:14 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: turbonetics Proof of sale sheet! t4 60-1 ball bearing turbo (RICE POLICE SIP)

So, basically you're asking someone to help you commit fraud? You do realize that turbonetics has employees that surf our boards right?