Notices

TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Re: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Originally Posted by turboLScrx
‘My last run was a perfect run but yet only went 129mph and it felt odd like I was pulling a boat, either the car got warm and something in the program pulled timing or the clutch was letting go. I’ll figure it soon..... also need to figure my 2 step out and get my launch down, right now it’s building to much boost pressure on the 2 step
Any updates?
Old 06-24-2019, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

With the car getting warm, it looks like my timing got pulled my as much as 5 deg, that would explain the loss of 10mph.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts

With the car getting warm, it looks like my timing got pulled my as much as 5 deg, that would explain the loss of 10mph.
I don't know what you mean by "warm"... but if it isn't "HOT", you can fix that issue in the tune.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
I don't know what you mean by "warm"... but if it isn't "HOT", you can fix that issue in the tune.
I didn’t get to data log that run, my temp gauge was about midway or a little over on the dash. I’m just not exactly sure what the actual temperature maxed out at. I’ve got things setup to pull timing at different temp thresholds and I’m not sure if it hit the 2nd threshold or not.... I know it did the first which was 3 deg pulled. I hot lapped the car on a 90 deg day which I would never normally do, but if you watched the video, you know the storms was chasing me. Lol
Old 06-25-2019, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn’t get to data log that run, my temp gauge was about midway or a little over on the dash. I’m just not exactly sure what the actual temperature maxed out at. I’ve got things setup to pull timing at different temp thresholds and I’m not sure if it hit the 2nd threshold or not.... I know it did the first which was 3 deg pulled. I hot lapped the car on a 90 deg day which I would never normally do, but if you watched the video, you know the storms was chasing me. Lol
Maybe a combination of the heat and humidity? It was super humid the other day where I live and I had a couple janky pulls I needed to adjust. 92 degrees and 100% humidity as per local weather. It felt like it too; like you could cut the air with a knife. Lol!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:46 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

On e85 you should not need to pull that much timing due to increase in ECT or IAT, depending on how aggressive your timing is to begin with. If ECT is your problem you should address it so that the car never gets above the temp you need it to, with a better cooling fan or increasing air flow. That way you should not have to worry about pulling timing if it gets "hot".

For IAT it is harder to control, but I only have mine start retarding after 130°, goes to -1.5° at 150° then tapers to -4° at 300°. Although the highest IAT I've ever seen was probably in the 140's. Still feels like a turd though when it gets that hot just because of the loss of air mass.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
On e85 you should not need to pull that much timing due to increase in ECT or IAT, depending on how aggressive your timing is to begin with. If ECT is your problem you should address it so that the car never gets above the temp you need it to, with a better cooling fan or increasing air flow. That way you should not have to worry about pulling timing if it gets "hot".

For IAT it is harder to control, but I only have mine start retarding after 130°, goes to -1.5° at 150° then tapers to -4° at 300°. Although the highest IAT I've ever seen was probably in the 140's. Still feels like a turd though when it gets that hot just because of the loss of air mass.
I don’t think I’ll run into this very often, this was the first time I ever got it to overheat a little . It was 90 degs and muggy as crap and I hot lapped the car which I never normally do, I was just trying to beat the storm. I can drive the car all day and it won’t over heat, put forcing 600hp through it changes things. Lol
Old 06-25-2019, 08:36 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

I don’t think I’ll run into this very often, this was the first time I ever got it to overheat a little . It was 90 degs and muggy as crap and I hot lapped the car which I never normally do, I was just trying to beat the storm. I can drive the car all day and it won’t over heat, put forcing 600hp through it changes things. Lol
Oh okay I hear ya. In any event, you could probably cut those timing retard values in half for whatever it's pulling out currently in the higher ECT and IAT ranges. My reasoning being that E85 helps keep things cooler inside the cylinder.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

See, simple stuff!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-26-2019, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Just caught up, good to see that the clutch wasn't that much of a setback and props for getting it back together so quick. Sweet trailer. Looking forward to seeing what it can do next time you're able to make it to the track
Old 06-27-2019, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ohisofly
Just caught up, good to see that the clutch wasn't that much of a setback and props for getting it back together so quick. Sweet trailer. Looking forward to seeing what it can do next time you're able to make it to the track
Appreciate that, I’m afraid I may have hit a wall until I get my boost by gear working. When I turn up the boost I blow the tires off, but the lower boost settings will probably max out in the 10.30-10.40 range. I wasn’t ready to spend money on a new computer yet, but I’ll see how things go
Old 06-27-2019, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Appreciate that, I’m afraid I may have hit a wall until I get my boost by gear working. When I turn up the boost I blow the tires off, but the lower boost settings will probably max out in the 10.30-10.40 range. I wasn’t ready to spend money on a new computer yet, but I’ll see how things go
The walls we hit are unfortunate. Especially the small ones like this. Not really small but.. It's one of those problems that just seem stupid to have but, still a problem. Lol. In a situation like this, I try to see how I can make it work then give a valiant attempt. Should I fail, then I reach for remedy. You got this, brotha!!
Old 06-27-2019, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Txdragon
The walls we hit are unfortunate. Especially the small ones like this. Not really small but.. It's one of those problems that just seem stupid to have but, still a problem. Lol. In a situation like this, I try to see how I can make it work then give a valiant attempt. Should I fail, then I reach for remedy. You got this, brotha!!
Im not upset , it’s hard to believe I’m already trying to put this car into the 9’s. Lol.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im not upset , it’s hard to believe I’m already trying to put this car into the 9’s. Lol.
Soon, you will demand 8's
Old 06-27-2019, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Soon, you will demand 8's
That's usually how it works LOL. I wanted 10's then 9's then 8's. Now I want low 8's. It does take a lot of money and dedication though, going from 10's to 8's is where the big dollar spending will happen LOL.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:49 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

You guys and your fast cars...
Old 06-27-2019, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaX
You guys and your fast cars...
You're not far behind. Maybe not 8s or 9s or even 10s but, you'll soon be proudly boosted and enjoying your hard work!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
That's usually how it works LOL. I wanted 10's then 9's then 8's. Now I want low 8's. It does take a lot of money and dedication though, going from 10's to 8's is where the big dollar spending will happen LOL.
Absolutely! Once you hit 10’s it seems every little demon shows his ugly little face.my biggest problem is catching up weak parts on my setup that wasn’t ready for how fast the car has become. I really didn’t expect to get this fast this fast. Lol. I need about 2 hours on a dyno and my boost by gear working and I’ll run a 9.80
Old 06-28-2019, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Absolutely! Once you hit 10’s it seems every little demon shows his ugly little face.my biggest problem is catching up weak parts on my setup that wasn’t ready for how fast the car has become. I really didn’t expect to get this fast this fast. Lol. I need about 2 hours on a dyno and my boost by gear working and I’ll run a 9.80
I would be happy with low 11 or 11 flat. The thought of 9.8 makes my wallet hurt. Lol!
It seems the demons show their ugly head when bolting up that turbo kit alone.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

I would be happy with low 11 or 11 flat. The thought of 9.8 makes my wallet hurt. Lol!
It seems the demons show their ugly head when bolting up that turbo kit alone.
Oh it hurts LOL. 10's are pretty doable, you can pretty much get away with using a stock transmission for the most part. Axles, I got away with using DSS 2.9's all the way up to mid 9's and never broke one but I did end up getting the DSS 5.9's and intermediate shaft which will set you back 2k. However once you pass that 10 second threshold the transmission is going to be the weakest link hands done, unless you don't mind blowing trans parts up every time you go out and replacing them. I did a short term solution by running Liberty Face Plated gears but once I got around the 800whp mark I started to break gears and then cracked the bell housing. This is the stuff that starts to show it's ugly face when wanting to go past 10's and running 9's.

I think once you get low 10's high 9's you are on the limit of having to spend big bucks and have to make the decision LOL.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Roll cage starts within two weeks! I will be doing the assembly and welding, but that should not be a issue with my ability to weld. I’m doing a 10 point through dash setup, this is something I really should have already done but I didn’t expect to making my power level so fast. During the dead heat of summer while racing is at a crawl is the perfect time to get this cage done.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what you're saying is there's gonna be a cage match soon?!
Old 07-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don’t know if u have the cage material but I ordered a jegs kit.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what you're saying is there's gonna be a cage match soon?!
more than likely you will be correct. Lol

Originally Posted by BoostHatchFreak
Don’t know if u have the cage material but I ordered a jegs kit.
I ordered mine from a company that specializes in roll cages.... the price was very fair

Quick Reply: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold