TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold - Page 18 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Old 03-06-2019, 04:16 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TurboLScrx - Making my return to the fold

Originally Posted by Txdragon View Post
Interesting. I hadn't thought of this part. So a good set will have at least some mention of functional range? Or at least suggested?
ID's website lists "Maximum Differential Fuel Pressure" - for example, the ID1000's have a max pressure of 101.5 psi. So, with a 1:1 FPR, and if you're running 30 psi of boost, you wouldn't want your static fuel pressure set any higher than 70 psi?
Old 03-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaX View Post
ID's website lists "Maximum Differential Fuel Pressure" - for example, the ID1000's have a max pressure of 101.5 psi. So, with a 1:1 FPR, and if you're running 30 psi of boost, you wouldn't want your static fuel pressure set any higher than 70 psi?
thatís how I would read it
Old 03-06-2019, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turboLScrx View Post

Ďmost of the better injector companies usually do, 60-70 is the most common range that I see most of them say is the limit
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
So with these in mind, it'd do well to take the max pressure (injectors) into account with boost level (when using a 1:1 rising rate AFPR). Unless I'm misunderstanding that particular performance, let's say base pressure 43 psi.. 15 psi boost.. 1:1 will net me 58psi fuel pressure by full boost?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So with these in mind, it'd do well to take the max pressure (injectors) into account with boost level (when using a 1:1 rising rate AFPR). Unless I'm misunderstanding that particular performance, let's say base pressure 43 psi.. 15 psi boost.. 1:1 will net me 58psi fuel pressure by full boost?
that is correct, the extra pressure on fuel also helps to counter the amount of pressure / resistance of air charge from the turbo to keep a steady consistent flow
Old 03-06-2019, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is correct, the extra pressure on fuel also helps to counter the amount of pressure / resistance of air charge from the turbo to keep a steady consistent flow
Even more interesting. Clears some stuff up and opens up another box entirely. Lol!
Old 03-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys Iíve decided to turn back time tonight! These photos was from 96-99, what my civic used to look like

​​​​​​​
Old 03-09-2019, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He fired up the flux capacitor and we went back in the past!
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He fired up the flux capacitor and we went back in the past!
lol ha! I was going through some old photos last night and found those. At least itís proves that I actually did what I said I did I guess and it shows where my screen name comes from. I turbocharged that CRX shorty after that photo, it was running a wet 75 shot at that time and ran somewhere in the 12ís and went high 11ís when I went turbo
Old 03-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol ha! I was going through some old photos last night and found those. At least itís proves that I actually did what I said I did I guess and it shows where my screen name comes from. I turbocharged that CRX shorty after that photo, it was running a wet 75 shot at that time and ran somewhere in the 12ís and went high 11ís when I went turbo
Forgot to mention showing the age too!! **runs and hides**
Difficult process installing and setting up the giggle gas?
Old 03-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I installed my Bosch 2200cc injectors but I can’t get the car the idle with a surge like a severe vacuum leak or a bad IAVC. I took the injectors out 3 times and installed all new seals for the injectors to make sure I had no vacuum leaks and I can’t get the idle to stop surging to firgure out if I’m rich or lean. I can’t think of what would make a larger injector cause this unless I’m missing a setting in the program other than injector calibration . Open for thoughts..... I also put my old injectors back in and the car runs fine with them
Old 03-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I installed my Bosch 2200cc injectors but I canít get the car the idle with a surge like a severe vacuum leak or a bad IAVC. I took the injectors out 3 times and installed all new seals for the injectors to make sure I had no vacuum leaks and I canít get the idle to stop surging to firgure out if Iím rich or lean. I canít think of what would make a larger injector cause this unless Iím missing a setting in the program other than injector calibration . Open for thoughts..... I also put my old injectors back in and the car runs fine with them
lower seals too?
Old 03-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lower seals too?
For sure, there no doubt that thereís no leaks
Old 03-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For sure, there no doubt that thereís no leaks
if the old ones run fine, and the seals are all good, nothing but tuning it out left really. I vote Honda temper tantrum caused this.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:31 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

I assume you updated your dead times and compensation.... Could just be the fuel map is so far off that it is trying to constantly adjust fueling? Are you running open or closed loop? What does the S trim look like?
Old 03-11-2019, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
I assume you updated your dead times and compensation.... Could just be the fuel map is so far off that it is trying to constantly adjust fueling? Are you running open or closed loop? What does the S trim look like?
This /\
Old 03-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
i installed the old injectors back into the car until I can have someone more experienced than myself help me. I tried everything I knew to try but I have my limitations on tuning still, after the baseline gets set Iíll be ok.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I assume you're running S300, they have preset settings for aftermarket injector dead times. Its under the fuel tab and just click "injector voltage comp (dead time) quick select" then just select your appropriate injector.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer View Post
I assume you're running S300, they have preset settings for aftermarket injector dead times. Its under the fuel tab and just click "injector voltage comp (dead time) quick select" then just select your appropriate injector.
im actually running Ectune which is laid out very similar as hondata
Old 03-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to be tuned on Ectune

I know I'm late but grats on getting the engine in and running, definitely making a lot of progress lately.

Love the classic pictures, way before my time in cars but looks like a good time. Awesome that you were drag racing way back then too

In for updates, when do you think you'll be ready for it to get tuned?
Old 03-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ohisofly View Post
I used to be tuned on Ectune

I know I'm late but grats on getting the engine in and running, definitely making a lot of progress lately.

Love the classic pictures, way before my time in cars but looks like a good time. Awesome that you were drag racing way back then too

In for updates, when do you think you'll be ready for it to get tuned?
thanks for the comments, having a little money to play with goes a long way lol. Iíve not had a project in a long time and I had a little money set aside to do most of the build. As soon as I figure out the problem Iím having with my large injectors I plan on going to the dyno and starting the tune. I would love to do a few test passes in two weeks before I leave on vacation. My first dyno session I have a goal of around 400-450hp, this will just allow a little time for me to check for any demons that might come up and cause a issue down the road. Then maybe stretch it out to 600-700hp after a few months . My goal is to make a 10 second pass on my first try
Old 03-13-2019, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the comments, having a little money to play with goes a long way lol. Iíve not had a project in a long time and I had a little money set aside to do most of the build. As soon as I figure out the problem Iím having with my large injectors I plan on going to the dyno and starting the tune. I would love to do a few test passes in two weeks before I leave on vacation. My first dyno session I have a goal of around 400-450hp, this will just allow a little time for me to check for any demons that might come up and cause a issue down the road. Then maybe stretch it out to 600-700hp after a few months . My goal is to make a 10 second pass on my first try
You can do it no problem, I was at about 700whp and ran a 9.9
Old 03-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post

You can do it no problem, I was at about 700whp and ran a 9.9
I think so also, it will come down to hitting gears! Iíve probably made over 1000 passes down the drag strip so nerves should not be my issue. Any word on yours yet?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think so also, it will come down to hitting gears! Iíve probably made over 1000 passes down the drag strip so nerves should not be my issue. Any word on yours yet?
Just waiting on the new head gasket to come in and having the injectors for cylinder 3 check just to make sure it is not clogged for some reason. Funny thing is I had all 8 of my ID injectors checked, cleaned and they were sealed in the bags afterward until I opened them to go back on my car. If for some reason there is any clogging I will be pissed because I had all 8 injectors tested and cleaned a year ago for maintenance put them on the car made two passes when my motor let go, when the motor was all torn down sent them back out to get checked and fully cleaned and just put them back on my car and made one dyno pull.

So these things better be tip top.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC View Post
Just waiting on the new head gasket to come in and having the injectors for cylinder 3 check just to make sure it is not clogged for some reason. Funny thing is I had all 8 of my ID injectors checked, cleaned and they were sealed in the bags afterward until I opened them to go back on my car. If for some reason there is any clogging I will be pissed because I had all 8 injectors tested and cleaned a year ago for maintenance put them on the car made two passes when my motor let go, when the motor was all torn down sent them back out to get checked and fully cleaned and just put them back on my car and made one dyno pull.

So these things better be tip top.
sounds like you did your part for sure
Old 03-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Gotta pull my head off either my valves never got sealed correctly from the machine shop or all my valves are bent, I’ve had low compression numbers on every test I’ve done since the first day I started the car, I thought maybe the rings just had not seated yet. I Did a leak test today and found out air is blowing past my valves badly, at 5 psi of air pressure and I could already hear the air leaking back into my intake and exhaust

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: