Notices

TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$*

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$*

Ive searched all day now and cannot find any information that is written in common english for the beginner with no previous knowledge
Im basically just about to start my car and get it running and then tune it. Its an OBDO Crx with a D16a6. Im buying a chipped ecu that zenocron chipped with a basemap for my motor with a 1bar map sensor.

All the info i could find was just on making that basemap and it was still very difficult to understand.

The info guides and walkthroughs im looking for are about after you get the car started. If there are codes what they mean and how you figure them out and what will need to be changed in your program.
The instruments I have are

-laptop, dell something pIII with cd rom and usb port, should handle everything good
-wideband digital display sensor (will this work with turboedit and some sort of datalogging?). Im assuming I need some **** to do datalogging
-Moates Burn1 chip burner bought from Moates.net
-Do I need many spare chips?

We need information on like our first drive, we go around the block and wtf do we do? What am I supposed to watch on my pc if anything at all or do I do that after I go through soem gears? Just 1 gear at a time tuning?, I have to do this all alone 100%

Idle, Partial Throttle Tuning, Wide Open

We need to know how to play with things and the little tricks to make everything easier and safer, things to help make the best adjustments and calculations possible.

My basemap comes with a 1bar map setting, I need to install a 3bar, what do I have to change? Everything? DO I do this after ive started and finished all my fuel and ignition settings?

I dont know when I have pushed my engine to far, this is my first boosted car, I dont know wtf the wastegate is gonnaa sound like or a compressor surge or pinging. What did I do wrong?

I really dont know what to ask because I dont have the car running but I dont want to learn this when the cars running and just has to sit there.

While I was searching, turboedit seems to be the least followed and used of the rom editors and has the least technical backing and 500+ people making threads like these daily, TurboEF8 or xenocron or someone that knows what they are talking about should make a walkthrough, a complete guide. I guarantee people will donate money. make people pay for it if you ******* want. I'll donate money asap right away.

I AM WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE FOR A BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED WRITE UP. MAKE IT FOR EVERYONE, EXPLAIN MOST OR ALL OF THE THINGS IVE TALKED ABOUT IN GOOD DETAIL AND I WILL PAYPAL YOU $50

Old 02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody help this dude out
Old 02-12-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

Yes please do, thank you avid aswell for talking me out of the safc

I really wanna do this right but I cant find enough info at all and I searched for literally 8 hours reading as much on pgfi and xeno's site

There just isnt enough info out there, Im willing to pay, and Im sure others are to, for someone to make a hugely detailed walkthrough
Old 02-12-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$* (TurblowEF)

search for some of the Tuning Threads Mase made awhile back. they explain a lot of theory.

if youre looking for more specific information. a lot of people go to mase for consulting. money well spent
Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: (TurblowEF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurblowEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I searched for literally 8 hours reading as much on pgfi and xeno's site
</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA...sorry gotta laugh......8 hours?!?....that's it.

The reason there are no "GREAT" writeups is that it's NOT that easy to just explain it. A low boost street tune usually is easy, but if you encounter any problems with ignition or fueling and can't figure it out yourself a tuner usually can. Someone put it really well one day. It went like this....."I'm not a tuner, just a glorified mechanic" What they were saying is tuning is incredibly easy IF your engine setup is perfect (never is though ) problems need to get solved for good safe power.

Here's a nice writeup, but again it won't explain problems or reasons things happen. Good luck with everything

http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$* (TurblowEF)

Intro:
http://www.phearable.net/tech/....html
http://pgmfi.org
http://forums.pgmfi.org (READ & SEARCH)
http://www.hondata.com
http://www.google.com

Old 02-12-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Re: TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$* (mtber)

My experience with xenocron basemaps has been very good. Other than that, if you don't know what you're doing, you should take it to someone, or give yourself some more time to research if you want to tune it yourself.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$* (stealthmode62)

The only option for me is 100% doing it myself, I can learn fomr here but I need a running car so I need to understand what im doing

Money's on the table if anyone wants to make a full blown write up, im sure others would pay for one aswell
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 AM

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

It would help the community alot if there was a resource like this thats for sure

I still dont even wanna attempt the program cause it looks so difficult
Old 02-13-2006, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (W O T)

goto http://www.pgmfi.org all u need is there
Old 02-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Boosted Chemist)

really its about hands on practice.

Nobody can just tell you. You can read up on the basics but thats really it. It comes from personal experience on different motors.

I would sugguest tying to tune on a motor you don't care if you *** up, like a little d series or something to get the feel for it.

Or pay Mase like I do....money well spent.

I am a DIY guy, but I've seen him take another "reputables companies" tune and make way more power, SAFER!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 04:14 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a place that can tell you a lot of that, its called EFI101, its a 1.5 day class. Other than that its not a thing that can be simply written up.
If you can find someone to write all that up for $50 ii fell for them, i have been involved in written documentation projects before, they pay VERY well...
Old 02-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/tuning.html

paypal igo4bmx@aol.com
Old 02-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

bump for more info
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Re: (VI Boost)

awesome info so far

I wish I could do hands on tuning or some program to see what **** reacts like without actually running it on a car
Old 02-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurblowEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awesome info so far

I wish I could do hands on tuning or some program to see what **** reacts like without actually running it on a car</TD></TR></TABLE>

just start with a base and a wideband and wehre its rich try subtracing a couple percent so you get an idea of how much it changes. I would mess around getting perfect afrs before even looking at timing (other than a step retard in the base)
Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: (Boosted Chemist)

Is timing really difficult to do?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:01 PM

Of course a step-by-step guide would be ideal but as others might have mentioned or alluded (is that the right word?) to, there are too many variables to just say "OK, to create a basemap, go into option a, do b, press c, hold d...and put in these values for X, Y, Z" and so on. What I recommend doing aside from browsing the links above which will help out plenty, is pick up a couple of fine pieces of literature from your local Borders or Amazon.com or some other fine book retailer.

I recommend this one, this one and this one.

Advantage to having these is, when you're out there tuning, you can refer back to them in case you run into something on the fly. It happens. The authors have lots of experience in the field and if I remember correctly, at least one of those books has guides and sample maps of common setups.

For further information, the author of the first one holds tuning classes at various locations throughout the United States. http://www.efi101.com and I believe he is on H-T under the screen name EFIGUY. I know he was a sponsor in the past.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: (Axle)

EF101 seems like a great tool for people in the states. I am however in Canada
Old 02-25-2006, 11:05 PM

Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to do a full write-up because of all the reading and searching I had to do in order to just have a clue. But after thinking about it there are just so many factors involved. I made the base map easy enough, and through the use of a wideband o2 sensor, datalogging, and reading the plugs; had the rough tune knocked out pretty easy. But since then, well I’ll just say I started with a tune I called 1.0 and I’m now on 7.8. I used to think people were just being ******** holding on to their “secrets” but now I’m starting to understand there is just no easy do A and then B and in the end it will be perfect. There are just too many variables. If you’re going to do it yourself start conservative and work fuel out and timing out a little bit at a time. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (abnaasefmb)

wow some good tunning links
Old 03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where in canada.

i run turbo edit and i dont have many problems.