Notices

Turboed my civic now I need help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turboed my civic now I need help asap!

Ok well I finally turboed my civic ex, Its a show car and I hardly ever drive it. (maybe once a month) I got a custom turbo kit put in by this shop called Spark racing. Its a t3/t4 turbo w/ external wastegate. The only thing is I have no fuel managment whatsoever. I need advice, I have a guy who wants to sell me the Greddy blue box and greddy 310cc injectors.

So my question is should I get that and a missing link or should i get like a FMU and injectors or something.

Also will the blue box from a Integra work for a SOHC civic?

Remeber Im not trying to make high HP numbers or alot of boost all I want is my car to be reliable when I drive it to shows and back. BTW my CEL just came on.

Please help guys I need a quick answer. Thanks

-Kenny
Old 08-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Turboed my civic now I need help asap! (unfadeable civic)

Well if your having someone else do the work, take it back to the shop and figure out why its throwing the CEL. As for fuel management... I dont know what to tell you.. There are so many options. I went with a standalone setup that was free(turboedit), like hondata... You could run DSM 450s with the AFC hack, the vortec FMU and keep it @ low boost since this i just a show car. I dont know much about the blue box but I havent herd anything negative about it... Do a search for fuel management and see what you come up with,

good luck

Blaze
Old 08-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unfadeable civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok well I finally turboed my civic ex, Its a show car and I hardly ever drive it. (maybe once a month) I got a custom turbo kit put in by this shop called Spark racing. Its a t3/t4 turbo w/ external wastegate. The only thing is I have no fuel managment whatsoever. I need advice, I have a guy who wants to sell me the Greddy blue box and greddy 310cc injectors.

So my question is should I get that and a missing link or should i get like a FMU and injectors or something.

Also will the blue box from a Integra work for a SOHC civic?

Remeber Im not trying to make high HP numbers or alot of boost all I want is my car to be reliable when I drive it to shows and back. BTW my CEL just came on.

Please help guys I need a quick answer. Thanks

-Kenny</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you have no fuel management and no way to trick the MAP sensor and you are wondering why your CEL is on.....

If your car is a show car, go with th echeapest setup. I guess you cget uberdata or something, get a laptop and "datalog" during the show...get extra points
Old 08-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turboed my civic now I need help asap! (specv5150)

Your car is a brownish color right, w/ mustang taillight? If so, i think i remember seeing your car on onlineshowoff, unique car by the way. Honestly i'd just go the uberdata/crome route, get a chipped ecu, dsm 450cc injectors, laptop and tune. cheap, and reliable.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turboed my civic now I need help asap! (GiNuWiNe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GiNuWiNe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your car is a brownish color right, w/ mustang taillight? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think i'm going to be sick
Old 08-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do it Right. Uberdata.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turboed my civic now I need help asap! (Sketch_hs)

Yeah thats my car, I have a M3 front end too now. Ok what is Uberdata?

Sketch Hs- You can be sick all you want, its a show car... But I have a WRX that will make you drool.

Do you guys think I could use that greddy blue box, Greddy 310 injectors and a missing link?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is it obd1 or obd2? If obd1 get your ecu chipped with uberdata and some dsm 450's and get it tuned. If its obd2 buy a new obd1 ecu and get it chipped then get a conversion harness, injectors, and tune.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Turboed my civic now I need help asap! (SlowB16si)

if ur just looking to just go cheap
go with a 12.1 FMU and a missing link

blox sells missing links and FMU units now
check out ebay they are mad cheap
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cheapest way is the drag-type setup.

inline fuel pump, missing link and 12:1 fmu. it'll be reliable and safe for up to 7psi of boost.

shoot a message to ''typeRdriven'' on AIM. he was selling an inline pump and fmu. both for only 150. missing links are around 45 bucks new.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H22 CD5)

not to thread jack, but i'll sell my airtex inline pump and vortec fmu (that came with my drag gen4 setup that i never used/installed) for 120 shipped. pm me if interested.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: (ash.zero)

Don't even bother going with an inline, fmu and missing link. In the end, you'll end up spending more on uberdata and won't even have an eigth of the tuning characteristics! Seriously, just get uberdata. P28 or P72, 100-160 dollars. DSM injectors, 50 dollars. Done and done. Oh, but you will need someone to tune it or at least get a half decent base map so you can drive around with it for a while, even that would still be better than going the fmu route.

*EDIT* haha, how could I forget, you also need to get the ecu chipped! Gotta lay off the smack!! But that shouldn't cost you more than 30-40 bux.