Notices

Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend?

Old 09-30-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend?

Has a '99 LS Coupe w/ Auto around 35k, lowered, CAI, system, chromes(light ones, figure that one out)...

Looking for some results for a turbo setup in a 3rd Gen Teg LS? He was looking for some results on turbo kits before he goes out and gets one. He was wondering about the drag kit,Greddy kit,or even the revhard kit, or any other kit that performed well or bad.

He's looking at mainly than anything
around $3,000-3,500 spending range
And as much hp as he can get (I'll help him w/ tuning and stuff for the most possible)

The car is going for show, and wants some for power, plus he likes the sounds coming from the turbo, BOV, etc

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

Later,

Jay
Old 09-30-2002, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (insnimprtguy)

what about jrsc. then you wouldn't have to worry about turbo lag. an i think that it is around the same price

Old 09-30-2002, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I wouldn't bother working on that car since it's an automatic. But a Revhard turbo will be his new best friend.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (Breakdancer)

naw man tell him to get an e charger its electric and he cann tell everone hes runnin an electric turbo for the show scene mad bling bling y0 haha jp revhard is the shyt and there are a few other good ones but if hes all bling bling tell him to get the drag kit it has chrome pipes and shyt and its the cheapest but u get what u pay for
Old 09-30-2002, 06:18 PM
New User

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (piatl7il77)

DRAG3 kit. you can find one under $3000. those kits kick a$$!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (dlplayboy)

revhard
automatic
Old 09-30-2002, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (dohcsideSi)

revhard
maxrev
drag
fmax
custom
Old 09-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Trial User

Location: Waipahu, HI and Irvine, CA, best of both worlds, USA
Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (94goldjungsr)

if he doesn't have more than $3500 to blow, don't get it. knowing ricers these days, he'll blow his motor and regret slapping on the turbo. instead, i would go get some cams, carbs, b20 block and most of all stay NA.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (BoroDB8)

Custom
Old 09-30-2002, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (4 Stroke)

why does every one say RevHard? the piping sux. at leadt DRAG's piping looks good. and the turbo's are the same size. the DRAG mani's to me are a btter choice, due to experience. hat is it the fuel set up? dont they both use the fmu? and the price is unbeleiveable for rvhards.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (DRAG lll INTEGRA)

why does every one say RevHard? the piping sux. at leadt DRAG's piping looks good. and the turbo's are the same size. the DRAG mani's to me are a btter choice, due to experience. hat is it the fuel set up? dont they both use the fmu? and the price is unbeleiveable for rvhards.
accualy the piping is better in some respects, the charge pipe is 2.5 inches, the chrome on the drag pipes rust and flake off ive seen it, tho revhards pipes need a lil customization . accually the revhard uses an e trim t3/4 the drag uses a b (ls kit), the drag manis suuuuck they crack all the time with everyone ive ever talked to wid the drag mani they said its cracked and ive seen it myself on a friends car, the fuel setup is the same but who uses fmus anyway? specially if u boost high, boosting low fmus are fine the price is around the same for both kits but the 2c has a muuuuuch better manifold its tubular, the revhards quality is much better than the drag kit, bla bla bla i can go on...shyyyyt ive been resarchin this **** for over 8 months
Old 09-30-2002, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (turbo craig)

but i still recomend the e charger
Old 09-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Trial User

Has a '99 LS Coupe w/ Auto around 35k, lowered, CAI, system, chromes(light ones, figure that one out)...
Well, since it's lowered and has chrome wheels, the appropriate turbo kit would be....check the FI forum for answers.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (Jesse H)

AUTO isn't worth it. 3500 to get into the very high 14s? uh...................................I think not
Old 09-30-2002, 10:56 PM
New User

why does every one say RevHard? the piping sux. at leadt DRAG's piping looks good. and the turbo's are the same size. the DRAG mani's to me are a btter choice, due to experience. hat is it the fuel set up? dont they both use the fmu? and the price is unbeleiveable for rvhards. accualy the piping is better in some respects, the charge pipe is 2.5 inches, the chrome on the drag pipes rust and flake off ive seen it, tho revhards pipes need a lil customization . accually the revhard uses an e trim t3/4 the drag uses a b (ls kit), the drag manis suuuuck they crack all the time with everyone ive ever talked to wid the drag mani they said its cracked and ive seen it myself on a friends car, the fuel setup is the same but who uses fmus anyway? specially if u boost high, boosting low fmus are fine the price is around the same for both kits but the 2c has a muuuuuch better manifold its tubular, the revhards quality is much better than the drag kit, bla bla bla i can go on...shyyyyt ive been resarchin this **** for over 8 months
wow.. you research it for 8 months and you automatically think you know it all. who cares what your friends say? get a DRAG3 kit for yourself and see if it does what they say it does. i have one.. a few other guys i know have one... and other people in the forced induction forum have one... its all good.

i agree with you DRAG III INTEGRA.. dont even trip.

[Modified by dlplayboy, 11:57 PM 9/30/2002]
Old 10-01-2002, 06:36 AM

DRAG3 kit. you can find one under $3000. those kits kick a$$!
awesome kit
Old 10-01-2002, 07:01 PM

[QUOTE]wow.. you research it for 8 months and you automatically think you know it all. who cares what your friends say? get a DRAG3 kit for yourself and see if it does what they say it does. i have one.. a few other guys i know have one... and other people in the forced induction forum have one... its all good.
i agree with you DRAG III INTEGRA.. dont even trip. [QUOTE]

no i didnt say i knew it all all i said was the revhard is a better kit but if the kid dosnt want sick hp outa his kit get the drag but if he wants better quality get the revhard and its not only what my friends have told me its what i have seen first hand chrome peels and drag manis suck

[Modified by turbo craig, 4:04 AM 10/2/2002]
Old 10-01-2002, 09:31 PM
New User

i say get the greddy kit ! i'm a greddy turbo lover, and i know a lot of you are greddy turbo haters!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Turbocharging a 3G Teg LS, best kit for my friend? (integrx)

Well if you go with rev hard you could expect times like mine, I like the greddy kit and think it will offer a nice drivable street power gain, as the HUGE turbo rev hard gives you is almost all up top power.

The auto will hold, mine did and still is. Yes I wouldn't expect anything better then mid 14's at best, but if thats his goal then any kit could get you there. If he's just adding the turbo for more umph and doesn't really care or goto the track, any kit will do you fine.

At least this board unlike honda-acura there aren't AS MANY auto haters, in the respect that they totally shun the idea.

If I had a stick things would be better (working on that) but I have automatic and made the best of what I got and am very proud of my setup and it runs BEAUTIFUL, even comparable to some fellow manual drivers with turbo chargers.

Its all in what you want man, it really is.... don't let other peoples opinions scare you away from doing what you wanna do, especially when theres living proof it works, myself and zirujio are examples of sucessful turbo-automatics. Good luck with whatever kit you go with!