Notices

turbo toys oil fitting kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo toys oil fitting kit

i'm installing a turbo in my integra, along with an oil pressure gauge. since i didn't want to mount a t-fitting directly on the block, i got a remote mount oil distribution block from turbo toys. since several people on here recommended this to me, i'm hoping someone might be able to solve my problem with this.

the kit i got from turbo toys included the distribution block in the top pic, the t-fitting in the bottom one, and an oil line that goes from the engine to the distribution block. here's the problem: the thread on the male end of the distribution block (opposite the oil pressure sensor) is bspt. the line that goes from the engine to this block, and the line that goes from this block to the turbo, both have npt threads. obviously, i can't screw a npt line onto a bspt fitting. what have you guys done about this? any ideas? i spent $50 on this crap and it doesn't even work.

just to clarify, i wasn't planning on using the parts in the bottom pic, but i included it anyway in case someone had an idea. i wanted to just run the oil line from the back of the engine to the distribution block, and then have the oem oil pressure sensor, aftermarket oil pressure gauge, and turbo feed line running off of it.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo toys oil fitting kit (civicdxtyper)

Are you sure this setup is to run a distribution block off the firewall?

It looks like the top pics screws into where the original sending unit went and everything tee's off from it there at the back of the block????????

There should be a fitting like the one in the bottom right hand corner that is bsp to an so you can run the SS line from the block to firewall.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo toys oil fitting kit (mike1114)

yeah that otod has to go into the back of the block, and you will have to take those other fittings out until you put otod into the block, as they will hit things on the motor when you try to thread the otod in.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need:
http://www.mcmaster.com

part #: 4860K141
Brass Threaded Pipe Fitting BSPT Male X NPT Female, 1/8" Adapter, 1" Length
In stock at $3.91 Each

stick that peice into the engine block, run the hose from that fitting to the distro block, stick the oil psi sender into the distro block, done. you dont even need that $20 OTOD, according to Stan at fast-turbo.com a bspt male will go into a npt female no problem.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flamenco-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
NPT will not go in BSPT threads easily, but BSPT will go in NPT without a problem , All because the number of threads in each fitting style.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i bought a basic oil line kit, sold the OTOD, used that money and bought the rest of the parts to make a firewall distribution block on mcasters.com.

Modified by raceACCORDingly at 3:36 PM 9/19/2006
Old 09-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raceACCORDingly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raceACCORDingly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">according to Stan at fast-turbo.com a bspt male will go into a npt female no problem.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not working for me. when i try to put the bspt male end of the brass block into the npt female end of the turbo oil line, it'll only go to first or second threads and stop. if this worked then my setup would work perfectly. should i just force it in? i'm scared of snapping something.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 PM

I always heard that the bspt will go into the npt...but not the other way around.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo toys oil fitting kit (kameleon23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kameleon23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I always heard that the bspt will go into the npt...but not the other way around. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, it won't just slide in, becuase obviously the threads are different. should i just force it in however i need to, or should i look for an adapter?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 PM

i know people who have put sealant material on the threads and forced it in...and it has worked i know...but im not gonna tell someone that they should do it that way...just depends on how ghetto you are willing to be!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raceACCORDingly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raceACCORDingly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need:
http://www.mcmaster.com

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think i might've found what i'm looking for on this web site. how close is bspt to bspp? i found a female bspp&gt;male npt adapter.