Notices

Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC?

Alrighty, I've looked around for the questions I needed answered and a I found some here and there, but I decided I'm just going to post this... I want my car to go fast, and I dont especially want to spend the time and money on swapping an engine for only like 30hp advantage over my 1.6 SOHC Vtec (94 Ex). If I get a Greddy turbo kit on it, how much HP approx will I be pushing w/ a CAI, Header, Exhaust. How about with same mods except a Jackson Racing SC instead of the Turbo. Any help is muchly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC? (Special_Ex)

If I get a Greddy turbo kit on it, how much HP approx will I be pushing w/ a CAI, Header, Exhaust. How about with same mods except a Jackson Racing SC instead of the Turbo.
Do some research. Seriously, just read like crazy, you'll find everything you could possibly want to know burried somewhere in here.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC? (00SilverLS)

http://pub19.ezboard.com/fturbod16forumturbod16
Old 01-13-2002, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC? (Endless)

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

this has been covered more times than i choose to remember.

[Modified by KAMiN, 11:55 PM 1/13/2002]
Old 01-13-2002, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC? (KAMiN)

#1 if your going to go turbo you won't need the CAi or the header. . .kits come with them already. . .I have a Greddy kit and I'm ready for something better. . .save up and get a FMAX or DRAG. . .but do a search. . .you'll find all the answers you need. . . by the way I have a 97 ex.

[Modified by turbocoupe, 6:10 PM 1/13/2002]
Old 01-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I get a Greddy turbo kit on it, how much HP approx will I be pushing w/ a CAI, Header, Exhaust.
Uhh not to be unkind, but maybe you should do a little bit more research there buddy. either that or stop watching TFandTF.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC? (BlueShadow)

yeah not a fun question to ask trust me! just look at my post !!!!!!ouch
Old 01-13-2002, 05:18 PM

If I get a Greddy turbo kit on it, how much HP approx will I be pushing w/ a CAI, Header, Exhaust
kekeke CAI and Header? lol. Dude try doing a search before posting and asking. Please educate yourself first or people might give you an attitude, or they will always link you to the newbie page. You might want to ditch the idea of a greddy kit. You will be happier with a revhard or drag kit or even fmax. Fmax tends to be a little more money then the previous two. I hear ben from importparts.com has a good deal on the drag kits right now. So maybe you should check it out before buying a greddy kit. You can make your 1.6 sohc fast, but it will take more money to build rather then building a Dohc. A 1.6 sohc with a turbo kit running 7psi's can go low 14's to mid 14's. A Dohc can go high 12's to low 13's running the same kit.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:56 PM

Default **** ya'll

No thats ok, I've had it with this page and the bastards on it. I dont know as much about engines as some of you hardcore JDM ******** who have been into it for 5 years. Good thing theres other boards with people who are willing to help and not be total jerks.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** ya'll (Special_Ex)

ouch dude, dont sweat it they were asses to me to but now all of them are willing to help me out. its cool.

keep the faith brotha lol
Old 01-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** ya'll (rjardy)

yup yup, ont worry bout them, do as they say and search, we cant begin to start covering all the info you need in one thread. Just type turbo for the search info and you'll see how many pages pop up.

Try typing in in sohc turbo or greddy turbo.

You'll find out that you dont want headers for a turbo and cold air intakes dont do as much for turbo cars as it does for NA cars. It'll also tell you what size exhaust to run for youre setup.
Old 01-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** ya'll (rjardy)

hey, I tried to help both of you. special ek and rjardy . . .you need to understand this topic. . .this exact topic has been asked many of times. Alot of the folks here in the FI forum are tired of seeing it. We're not trying to be ********. . .we want folks like yourself to use the search function. This site is VERY helpful . . .we try to answer you questions quickly and correctly. . . trusts me you will want to come back here when you start your install. . .I'm not flaming either of you or trying to come off like a dick. . .just want to give you guys the heads up.

--Marc

[Modified by turbocoupe, 9:41 PM 1/13/2002]
Old 01-13-2002, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No thats ok, I've had it with this page and the bastards on it. I dont know as much about engines as some of you hardcore JDM ******** who have been into it for 5 years. Good thing theres other boards with people who are willing to help and not be total jerks.
ok my first pice of advice is to start reading page 1 and go all the way to the last page reading anything that you have no knowledge of.

If after reading ALL the pages you still dont have all the answers then tell us that after reading all the posts and doing a search you still cant find what your looking for.

the reason I say read around first is cause we dont want to overwhelm you with a lot of information you cant even comprehend. CAI, Headers and Exhaust on a Greddy Turbo'ed car??!! that gives some indication of your turbo knowledge. unless it was just mistyped or you worded it wrong.

BUT if you want a short answer, a Greddy Turbo @ 7 PSI will get you about 14.0-14.5 in the 1/4 mile.

now let me ask you some questions:
1. what's your budget?
2. do you have a spare car?
3. how fast do you want to go?

A a intercooled EX turbo at 10 PSI wil be faster than a 10 PSI Super EX.
Old 01-13-2002, 10:04 PM

haha i love that. i work at a video store and right now the #1 movie of choice is of course FnF. its funny because when you watch the making of the movie they talk about an "accurate depiction" of real street racing. except that no one spray paints a line to race, hits 170mph in a race, and parks perfectly in a diagonal position on the road. also, i remember when the guy driving the VW pops the hood of the green eclipse for the first time. the first thing he mentioned was "cold air intake." i dont understand how he has a cold air intake on a turboed car... i have a friend who works at a car shop, he had a guy come up to him and ask for the nos kit in the red rx-7. because of FnF, i cant even go to the street races anymore in my city because they now have a whole division devoted to racing. they even bust the racer shopers for illegal ****! =\ err anyway, "**** you" is a little too harsh. i think you are just a little too sensitive. people who like cars will always look down on people who cant even change their own oil. so if you ask a newbie question (which i do a lot) its common that someone will JOKINGLY rag on you.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:10 AM
New User

Default Re: **** ya'll (sushibug)

damn isnt he supposed to know that you cant use a dc header and an aem cai with a turbo?

[Modified by 01geeser, 9:10 AM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-14-2002, 01:32 AM
New User

Default Re: **** ya'll (sushibug)

i dont know about you but the last time i'd check the turbo eclipse des have an intake,correct me if im wrong

[Modified by Turbo_Teg, 10:33 AM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-14-2002, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: **** ya'll (Turbo_Teg)

i dont know about you but the last time i'd check the turbo eclipse des have an intake,correct me if im wrong

[Modified by Turbo_Teg, 10:33 AM 1/14/2002]
Yes it does and they do sell CAI extensions for them too

BTW is it just me, or has there been a great influx of SOHC people on the board latley?
Old 01-14-2002, 08:01 AM
New User

Default Re: **** ya'll (VTC_CiViC)

Yes, more SOHC. We need balace. Right now the DOHC people are saying to one another, "I sense a disturbance in the FORCE, we must be careful." LOL!
Old 01-14-2002, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** ya'll (97CivicFerio)

Yea, unfortunatley seems like alot of the SOHC's are extemley ignorant Leavings folks like us to stand up the the DOHC force lol
Old 01-14-2002, 08:54 AM

Sure, if I had the money to **** I'de swap for a b series, but a turbo sohc is hella fun. No complaints here.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SOHC turbo power all the way baby!! (well, until I save up enough money for a B18C)
Old 01-14-2002, 08:59 AM
New User

Default Re: **** ya'll (nathan's boosted civic)

Nathan! You are disappointing me! You are going to sell-out!! LOL! J/K dude!
Old 01-14-2002, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** ya'll (97CivicFerio)

Don't worry - i'll sell you my engine if I ever get the B18C.. hehe At least i'm still driving a Honda..
Old 01-14-2002, 09:19 AM
New User

Default (nathan's boosted civic)

Hehe, well if you blow it I don't want it!
Old 01-14-2002, 12:18 PM
New User

Default Re: (nathan's boosted civic) (97CivicFerio)

hey nathan arent you still trying to blow the sohc?

Quick Reply: Turbo/Supercharge my SOHC?