Notices

A turbo Spins @ 90k-150k rpm . . . Here's the debate of the day, haters welcome.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A turbo Spins @ 90k-150k rpm . . . Here's the debate of the day, haters welcome.

SuperTurbocharging . . . anyone seen those superchargers on ebay . . . brushed 12v motors feeding little to no extra air to your intake. . . .

Sure you have . . there cheap . . . there dirty, they don't work . . . .

I just spent some time in my shop staring at my Christmas motor (see last post) celebrating the fact it was $:20 in the afternoon and I got thinking . . ..

**** look at that castle mamba motor in my revo . .. . that thing is 5-6000 watts under full load . . its a brushless with 6-7hp . . . . takes 60-70 amps at moderate load . . . .

so what if I made a turbo supercharger with a brushless motor . . .

its as simple as mounting a turbo (intake side) and attaching the brushless motor with a simple gear box type deal . . .

yes some may say that 60 - 70 amps at moderate load . . .woah does my alternator even produce that . . .
heres the deal .. the power would come from the battery . . .it can burst 200 amps . .. you wont be in boost all the time . . ..

you could be in boost all the time . . . at idle essentially simple fact of running your TPS signal to the ESC . . ..

So how much HP does a turbo need to spin ?

here's the debate of the day . . .
Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: A turbo Spins @ 90k-150k rpm . . . Here's the debate of the day, haters welcome.

it has already been done successfully.

but it wont hold boost for long, it will get you one pass down the 1/4 if you are lucky, you'll need a rack of batteries.

you should look up electric turbochargers. they exist. real ones.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:13 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: A turbo Spins @ 90k-150k rpm . . . Here's the debate of the day, haters welcome.

^^ you actually understood that?!?!? That's amazing!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_turbocharger
The problem lies in the fact that it takes power to make power. You can't get anything for free. Conventional turbos utilize an otherwise wasted power.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Orangevirus1
it has already been done successfully.

but it wont hold boost for long, it will get you one pass down the 1/4 if you are lucky, you'll need a rack of batteries.

you should look up electric turbochargers. they exist. real ones.
Weren't you about to get something similar? Wait you were going to throw in a V6 swap and be completely done with it within 3hrs. That's right.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by NVturbo
Weren't you about to get something similar? Wait you were going to throw in a V6 swap and be completely done with it within 3hrs. That's right.
I got an idea. **** you.

I never said that **** at all.

I am v6 swapping my eg. sounds like you are ******* jealous bro. whats up
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^this
2/3 of an interal combustion engines energy is lost through the exhaust. It's a "free" energy source that would otherwise be wasted

I've seen the things you're talking about, made from real turbo compressor sides, the issue is power draw

The thing might spin that fast under load on a test bench (a gt15 spins 200k rpm, the gt28xx turbos are 175kish, hell even the largest Garrett units like the gt55 still spin 90k)

The problem is when you plumb that into piping and it encounters resistance and the load of compressing air it won't spin nearly as fast because a stock charging system won't support that load, the battery and alternator simply can't supply that much power and operate the other systems in the car

Plus the high load through the power supply wires to the motor could be a potential fire hazard during extended use
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got an idea. **** you.

Lol. You are taking this too seriously.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

I got an idea. **** you.

Jealous of what? Please. I've been working on Hondas when you were still watching POWER RANGERS.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Jealous of what? Please. I've been working on Hondas when you were still watching POWER RANGERS.
that may be the case, but you are talking **** for what reason? because you can't afford the J swap yourself?

what was the point of your mockery huh? to just be a ******* dick or was there something behind it?

I don't give two ***** how long you've been working the corners.

so **** you, **** you, and ...........**** you.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-17-2013, 04:50 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

^^^
I guess you loved being banned. Go right ahead. I'm not losing no sleep worrying about your E-THUG comments. haha.....what a joke.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^^^
I guess you loved being banned. Go right ahead. I'm not losing no sleep worrying about your E-THUG comments. haha.....what a joke.
not a problem

you're the one who started the **** talking. not I.

for what reason.

tell me why, What reason.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On an actual tech note, the newer Civic Hybrids have a hybrid compressor running off of the IMA battery. (NOT the 12v system)

The wires going to the motor rival household wiring and sub-woofer wiring. The IMA battery puts out 158v if I remember correctly? With an insane amount of amperage. You should see the connectors holding all the harness together. They do NOT want the customer taking them apart.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:58 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

not a problem

for what reason.

Just look at the threads/posts you recently made. About all of them are a joke....suggesting some ricey flea market gauges, some whack "electronic" turbine kit, and how you plan on doing a V6 swap when you have no clue where to even start. It's one thing if you've been around the block and know what you're doing, but that's not even the case. Need I say more??
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not a problem

for what reason.

You are the only one making personal attacks which is not tolerated and will lead to getting banned!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Just look at the threads/posts you recently made. About all of them are a joke....suggesting some ricey flea market gauges, some whack "electronic" turbine kit, and how you plan on doing a V6 swap when you have no clue where to even start. It's one thing if you've been around the block and know what you're doing, but that's not even the case. Need I say more??
yes keep it going. lol I'm sure everyone is a ******* genius when they try a new swap on a car they have never had.

that thread about the whack *** ebay turbine ****, that was a joke, if you didn't get it.. sad.

and I already know what to do with the V6 swap now lol. takes a few days of learning.

I already ordered my J35a... so keep going, what else you have.

suggesting ricey flea market gauges? wow. recently like a month ago? yeah thanks for keeping checks on me bro.
and I just said they are decent for the price.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Whatever you say, lightning mechanic. I have better things to do than responding back to your lame comments. When you have your so-called swap, feel free to make threads on what to buy, how to install it, etc. I'm sure those threads will be coming.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Whatever you say, lightning mechanic. I have better things to do than responding back to your lame comments. When you have your so-called swap, feel free to make threads on what to buy, how to install it, etc. I'm sure those threads will be coming.
they will as I accumulate more parts.

if you have better things to do, then why even try to start a ******* argument to begin with.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

And people wonder why the "tech" in Honda-Tech is gone...
Old 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
And people wonder why the "tech" in Honda-Tech is gone...
I tried to bring it back...
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I didn't start it. I actually just made a simple, realistic reply to this thread.

some *** hole had to start ****.

was not I.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I know, most of us did lol
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by speedjunkie_g35
You are the only one making personal attacks which is not tolerated and will lead to getting banned!

and what do you call this? a happy jolly how are you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A turbo Spins @ 90k-150k rpm . . . Here's the debate of the day, haters welcome.