Notices

turbo seemed to have blown. oil spewed all over the place

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo seemed to have blown. oil spewed all over the place

anyone know what happened to my car if oil sprayed all over the place from there. mine has a steel braided hose coming out from the top of there and i was wondering why there was all this oil spraying out from there like it was burning. smoke started coming out from the bottom of my car and from under my hood and it was all over the place when i pulled over and popped up my hood. thanks for any of the help. im sorry i couldnt get an actual picture of my car. i will get a picture of my turbo tomorrow. i'd also like to remind you guys that oil came out from the top of that thing.

p.s. that picture isnt mine. whoever it is, nice turbo

i have a h23 with a sleeved block and a custom turbo setup. its a t3/t04e. i only ran it under 5 pounds of boost.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

post up some more pics of ur setup
Old 10-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo seemed to have blown. oil spewed all over the place (eMpAtHy)

it seems that the oil or something overheated..is it safe to drive my car after having it cool down for like 3 hours? this is the first time that it has happened to me. my car was warm. i didnt drive it for like an hour and i got into it and i started driving for like 3 minutes...i was going 40 mph in 5th and i shifted into 3rd and just floored it and shifted at 6k rpm's and after that i slowed down and drove at like 30 mph for about a mile and then i was stopped at a light and i started smelling smoke and i started when the light turned green and i saw all this smoke..and i just saw oil all over the place...let me know what i need to do to my car and how to fix it and is it safe for me to atleast drive my car home. home is local about 15 miles away. i think i can start the car in 2nd and not hit boost and shift into 5th and drive like 30 mph to stay out of boost. thanks for all the help.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrettyLude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrettyLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">post up some more pics of ur setup</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont have a digital camera, but i was going to borrow one tomorrow and post up some pictures of my engine bay tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eMpAtHy)

hrmm, seems like i figured out my problem..

the screw for the hose seems to have come loose. but to be on the safe side, i'm going to take my spark plug wires off and just try to turn on the car a couple of times to feed oil to my turbo's bearing. hopefully the loose nut is the only problem and i didnt do anything serious to it, but that should be it, unless someone else see's a problem let me know. i will be staying out of boost for a while tho..cause im a scardee cat