Notices

Turbo oil inlet is not threaded??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo oil inlet is not threaded??

Hey there are no threads on the inside of the turbos oil inlet. I though there should be. Or does something else attach there?

Thanks for the help
Old 02-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Turbo oil inlet is not threaded?? (Gdub00lude)

bump
Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kind of turbo do you have?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: (vietjdmboi)

I hate to say it but I have a XS Power turbo t3/t4 70 trim. Heres is a pic of the oil inlet.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

non-ball bearing center housings usually need an inlet flange. typically ball bearing center housings are the only ones with threaded oil inlets.

edit: this info is wrong, and I made this **** up

Modified by Stop the Beast at 10:02 AM 2/8/2006
Old 02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo oil inlet is not threaded?? (Stop the Beast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stop the Beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">non-ball bearing center housings usually need an inlet flange. typically ball bearing center housings are the only ones with threaded oil inlets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just curious, is there a way to tell if you have a ball bearing housing? my t3 has threaded oil feed, i just always thought the more expensive turbos only had ball bearing center housings........
Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo oil inlet is not threaded?? (thelate1)

when I got my garrett 60-1 turbo a while back it was the same way "no threads"
me and my buddies went to lowes and got a tap. Now it has threads
Old 02-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stop the Beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">non-ball bearing center housings usually need an inlet flange. typically ball bearing center housings are the only ones with threaded oil inlets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

90% of the journal bearing turbos out there are threaded. its not just ball bearing turbos.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo oil inlet is not threaded?? (CoreyR)

are you kidding? why make up **** if you dont know the right anwser?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CoreyR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

90% of the journal bearing turbos out there are threaded. its not just ball bearing turbos.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, its probably more like 99%
Old 02-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo oil inlet is not threaded?? (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you kidding? why make up **** if you dont know the right anwser?

exactly, its probably more like 99%</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I totally made that up sorry. Nope I just didn't ever pay attention to the threads until now, whoops. I always used an inlet flange to elminate the need for a threaded fitting directly into the turbo. Don't accuse me of making up ****. I was wrong but I didn't make up ****.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Very Emergency!!

my roomates t-3 is the same way. just go to full-race.com or phoenixturbo.com and get the oil feed flange and gasket. this will allow you to get a threaded fitting in there. hope that helps.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stop the Beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I totally made that up sorry. Nope I just didn't ever pay attention to the threads until now, whoops. I always used an inlet flange to elminate the need for a threaded fitting directly into the turbo. Don't accuse me of making up ****. I was wrong but I didn't make up ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so instead of using a fitting that costs $3 you spend $15 on a oil inlet flange? sounds kinda like a waste of money to me
Old 02-13-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Turbo oil inlet is not threaded?? (CoreyR)

Thanks guys, even though you went totally off the topic, and only two of you actually answered my question.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Silly question, but... you don't have it upside-down, right?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stop the Beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I totally made that up sorry. Nope I just didn't ever pay attention to the threads until now, whoops. I always used an inlet flange to eliminate the need for a threaded fitting directly into the turbo. Don't accuse me of making up ****. I was wrong but I didn't make up ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You wrote 2 sentences. Neither of them are technically correct and you presented them as fact, therefore you made them up.

Before I type something I am fully aware of whether or not I know it as a fact, or if it is opinion or speculation. I then phrase my response as such to avoid being forced to argue semantics with some bored ******* on the intraweb. It works out really well since I dont know everything, but wish to express my opinion publicly.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:58 PM

good luck with that turbo.. i just got an xs kit and the turbo smoked from day one.. im in the precess of gettiing them to replace it. ..
Old 02-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You wrote 2 sentences. Neither of them are technically correct and you presented them as fact, therefore you made them up.

Before I type something I am fully aware of whether or not I know it as a fact, or if it is opinion or speculation. I then phrase my response as such to avoid being forced to argue semantics with some bored ******* on the intraweb. It works out really well since I dont know everything, but wish to express my opinion publicly.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Clearly you are master of rhetoric, and a technically astute character, and I was a fool to state inaccurate claims in your presence. Perhaps, in the future I will tread more carefully in threads that you’ve partaken in.

Truly Sorry,

Stop the Beast