Notices

turbo oil feed question / possible problem

Old 07-14-2005, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo oil feed question / possible problem

ok today i started my turbo install and eveything went smoothly until i got the to oil feed and return. i unplugged and unskrewed the oil pressure sensor and inserted the little brass T and what not but it only skrewed in maybe 1 1/2 turns but it is tight and i dont want to tighten it more and crack the block, plus it is in an odd spot. so my question is... will the pressure build so high that it will loosten that fitting and eventually come off? od should i be good? it is really snug on there but was not in very far. thanks a bunch in advanced!

-nick-
Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't mount the T on the block get a 24" piece of SS and put the T on the firewall alot safer and you can add extra T's for other senders and stuff..u don't want that T breakin off inside ur block
Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 AM

oh so one line going to the fire wall... then T then one going to the turbo, one to the pressure sensor?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (Rubixcu7)

It wont screw in enough because the block is BSPT and your fitting is NPT. I had the same problem at first too. You shouldnt have a problem with just a T fitting coming off of it, just get a BSPT fitting, that is the most important thing.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (TurboCoop)

Coop is exactly correct. We offer a perfect solution for this problem. Check them out here - http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/OTODK It's an oil fitting with the correct BSPT and NPT threads, to correctly install an oil feed line on any Asian import vehicle.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TunerToys)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Coop is exactly correct. We offer a perfect solution for this problem. Check them out here - http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/OTODK It's an oil fitting with the correct BSPT and NPT threads, to correctly install an oil feed line on any Asian import vehicle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know what I used an npt fitting and it went in fine. Screwed in by hand for like 4-5 complete revolutions then I just tightened it down, no leak. But I did use a swagelock (dont know if any of you are familiar with it) fitting and those things kick ***. I'll post a pic up of my oil feed line, its all ss swagelock tubing courtesy of my work. I hope I dont have problems down the road, but It has been good so far.........*fingers crossed*
Old 07-15-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: (KeyserSoze)

I've never tried it, but I would imagine an npt fitting could be "installed" in there just once. I wouldn't trust it to ever come out and go back in though. lol

It'd be a one time deal.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: (TunerToys)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Coop is exactly correct. We offer a perfect solution for this problem. Check them out here - http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/OTODK It's an oil fitting with the correct BSPT and NPT threads, to correctly install an oil feed line on any Asian import vehicle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tuner toys, this may sound funny, but i bought one of these from you awhile back ago. It also broke like the 3 other brasses i had. It held longer than my brass ones. Maybe i had a bad one?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: (95boostedteg)

Why didn't you send it back when it happened?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

got a GE oil sandwich plate after that. When things happens, you dont think of it till later. I bought it on ebay from tuner toys. Probally send him an email about it.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: turbo oil feed question / possible problem (Rubixcu7)

check the link in my signature if you want, i think most of the pictures are still active
Old 07-15-2005, 10:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo oil feed question / possible problem (B18EG6)

Or spend $4 on a 1/8 NPT tap and just use an NPT fittings. I don't get why people go through so much hassle when youy could just run NPT to begin with.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (95boostedteg)

- 95BoostedTeg

You had one break? We would have replaced it for free, no questions asked!

What did you have connected to it? (This one of the first reports I have had about breakage on these, so I am eager to see what went wrong.)

- Stealthmode

You are correct, installing an NPT into a BSPT will work, just once. The difference between the threads is just enough to slightly disturb the threads in the aluminum block. It's kind of like getting your chick "just a little pregnant". There is no going back.

- nfn15037

The tap idea might work, but there may not be enough material to effectively reshape the threads to NPT. The potential for creating a bigger mess (especially for a novice) is pretty large. Aluminum is unforgiving in the first place, and does not lend itself well to reshaping. Getting the correct fitting in the first place, may save a lot of people a huge headache, leaving the more complicated tasks to the more experienced folks like yourself.

Craig