Notices

Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____?

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with professionally-made (or semi-professionally-made) manifolds for a B-series into a CRX with a Full-Race or EG half-rad. I'm trying to get an idea of what will fit and after sending about 15 PMs to different manifold manufacturers and getting the same response time and again ...

"This manifold fits great in a CRX with a D-series!"
(... that's nice, I don't have a D-series) "Can you provide measurements..."
( silence)

I'm trying to find someone with actual experience fitting a ramhorn, prototype, miniram, WHATEVER (except log manifold ) in a CRX, and what they went with. I don't mind trimming the hood webbing or whatever, I just want something that will FIT without coming out the bumper, through the headlight housing, or having to notch the block to the pistons, and can flow enough for ~600hp tops.

I've got a sleeved block and assume a full-race rad in stock location with a set of custom traction bars... what I don't have is a lot of time to look around, hence this thread

Gratuitous photo of the previous setup:

Modified by raene at 10:17 AM 5/13/2008
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wanting the same info for ef, I know you said crx but I noticed there wasn't to many pics of ramshorn's in a ef which is pretty close in size. I planned on going "Lovefab" for mine have you tried them?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got our V2 style ramhorn that fits a lot better specifically for the EF chassis.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm pretty sure Bryson used to make EF/CRX specific manifolds. Not sure if he still is.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:47 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (inspyral)

Great so why don't you get the Full-Race manifold for the civic/crx? hmmmm
Old 05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inspyral)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inspyral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm pretty sure Bryson used to make EF/CRX specific manifolds. Not sure if he still is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bryson is your man for the manifold you need, his name on here is Boostwerks.com, PM him, he is the man, beautiful manifolds, top notch work.

look here

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2062530
Old 05-14-2008, 03:01 PM

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I need something within a 2 month timeframe, that's why I haven't bothered contacting Bryson - I know he's very backed up, as my friend just purchased his Ultimate manifold through Bryson I would prefer that option but it's time that's holding me back.

I sent an email to LoveFab regarding the SST but have yet to hear back from them.

Full-Race is out of my budget at $1049, and that doesn't include the 40% UPS brokerage fees that they charge to ship to Canada (UPS charges, not Full-Race; they would be avoidable if Full-Race would ship to a letter carrier or UPS depot, even, but they refuse to do that - understandable, but it places them FAR out of my budget). Plus I can't justify $300 extra cost on top of everyone else's manifold for essentially the same thing, robotic TIG or no.

My budget is roughly $700 out the door with a 2 month window to have the manifold on-hand... I know, it's a tall order!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (raene)

i think that u will find neukin can help u out just pm him on here or check out his site at turbogoods.com
Old 05-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (orion840)

RCautoworks can get you the manifold(s) you are looking for. Check my sig, check out their website, give them a call. I know that they do ship to canada too.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (sobeman81)

AFI

Ship to Canada/Internationally regularly
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look at synapse. i think morgan can hook you up
Old 05-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94VTEC2TONE)

Call Miller Motorsports and talk to Dave he is the fabricator there and his work is unreal.He is doing a top mount for a HX52 Civic right now and a cage so you can look at his work.He would be your best bet he does a ton of VW stuff that is always tight fits etc.He is on here to Passenger Performance is his company and he works out of Miller.Your car will not be a Import Invasion in June then i assume?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (a1320addict)

rc autoworks has a great fab, try http://www.rcautoworks.com call bobert

Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (raene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Full-Race is out of my budget at $1049, and that doesn't include the 40% UPS brokerage fees that they charge to ship to Canada (UPS charges, not Full-Race; they would be avoidable if Full-Race would ship to a letter carrier or UPS depot, even, but they refuse to do that - understandable, but it places them FAR out of my budget).</TD></TR></TABLE>

That brokerage is a HUGE pain main!! I suffer from it too, just have to get packages marked the right way

Im running a SLS manifold on my DSM, purchased though TTT Had it in 6 weeks, that included having it shipped to the shodan for coating, and then to me, and that also included it sitting around finished because TTT took 1.5 weeks to get the paperwork to shodan so he could ship to me.

As far as SLS, they had my order in and out in 2.5 weeks

Just some distributors like to leave your orders in a box in the corner untill they get 'time' to ship it.. No excuse for that. Still it was quick, and The Shodan was great, but when your trying to build a car start to finish in 3 months you can't be waiting on a manifold for the whole time
Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (HamiltonRex)

SLS I can vouch for. Used one of their manifolds on a friend's car and worked real well. Turn around time is great too. Some of the applications may also be in stock so no wait time.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 AM

Default Re: CRX Turbo manifolds - TunerToys, SLS, _____? (ExospeedAMcrx)

Thanks for all the replies and vouches guys AFI and Neukin are unfortunately out of budget but those were good ideas as well. I've known of Dave @ Passenger for a while but he would need the car in the shop wouldn't he? Unfortunately it will be at bodywork very soon - I have a wedding coming up and there are about 18 things going on at once, haha!

My options seem to be LoveFab, SLS and RC Autoworks.

Can anybody vouch that one of these ramhorns will fit a CRX chassis with a B-series with a 2" half-size rad in the stock location? If anyone can promise me fitment with a $700 price tag I'll be buying right away, haha!

I measured 5.8" of clearance between the head flange and the radiator on the #4 runner. There is 9" of clearance between the head flange and the rad support from the #3 runner to the #1 runner. Any ramhorn will also have to have runners below the valvecover to clear the EF hood. Any closer than that and we're violating physical laws I'll have a pic up shortly.

Modified by raene at 12:54 PM 5/15/2008