Notices

turbo manifold questions. help me out!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turbo manifold questions. help me out!!

What's going on guys I'm trying to get someone else's take on this so here it is. I have a t4 precision 6262 .68 hot side .70 cold side. I'm going to be using this turbo on my fully built b18a1 motor. Running wiseco 9.6.1 pistons and eagle rods. I have a CSS in the block and I plan to make 400-500hp on 93 octane. I'm going to run full 3" turbo exhaust. The head is fully built. Pnp'd. All BC valve train. Anyways. I'm at a fork in the road. I'm not sure which way to go on my turbo manifold. I've got a JG fab t3 topmount manifold with a 38mm WG flange. I got this manifold in a trade awhile back. Now the problem here is the Mani is t3 and the turbo is t4. This manifold is used. And I'm not sure if I should try to get a t3-t4 adapter and try to fit the turbo on top of this manifold. Not sure if I would have hood clearance... or order a t4 flange and have the t3 flange cut off and the t4 flange welded on. Or would I just be better off selling this manifold and buying a sheepy fab or other bulletproof brand. Plus I wanted to run a 44 WG. I've heard 38mm can start to have boost creep issues at high boost. Not sure which way to go here. Any advice or constructive criticism is appreciated! I can post pics later today if needed.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: turbo manifold questions. help me out!!

Rid the Top Mount, get the Sheepey, go T4, use 2 38mm wastegates.

For the first time, not a whole book of logistics.. I'm just thinking off of the top of my head here for ease of integration, usability and the fact that you don't have to worry about whether or not the modifications to the manifold were correct.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: turbo manifold questions. help me out!!

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Rid the Top Mount, get the Sheepey, go T4, use 2 38mm wastegates.

For the first time, not a whole book of logistics.. I'm just thinking off of the top of my head here for ease of integration, usability and the fact that you don't have to worry about whether or not the modifications to the manifold were correct.
all I needed to hear. Well if anyone wants a t3 manifold pm me haha