Notices

TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver.

bought a cheap little kit from a friend want to keep things very simple since im not going to invest that much money into this car ....this is what i have what can be done to drive it everyday and be reliable and not blow the motor.

rc injectors 310
mini-cheap *** ramhorn and a t3 t04e
intercooler and all piping
external tial wastegate
hks blow off valve
fuel pressure regulator
all lines
vafc2(had it before i bought the turbo might be usefull)
vortech FMU.

this would be going into a stock LS...
im willing to spend a bit more to make it work but remember im looking for suggestiions to keep it simple and extremely cheap...i am not looking to make a **** load of power just add a little ummph to the car.

how can i set it up to work basically.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (pimpnpink)

sell the afc and the fmu if you can and buy hondata or another cheap managment. so you can control it.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:19 AM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (98lude-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98lude-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell the afc and the fmu if you can and buy hondata or another cheap managment. so you can control it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just get an ecu chipped for crome/ectune/uberdata/etc.

hondata sucks ***
Old 01-18-2008, 07:21 AM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (jdm_vtec)

oh by the way, you bought really small injectors..
bad mistake.. consider stock is 270cc, and 450cc support about 250-300hp.. what the hell are you going to do with 310cc?
Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (98lude-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98lude-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell the afc and the fmu </TD></TR></TABLE>

Also don't waste your money on a FPR. I've made 600+ on a couple of different cars with the OEM FPR, the only time you so much as have to touch one is if you install a Walbro 255HP and then you just upgrade to an OBD1+ B-series FPR which has a larger exit as they aren't prone to pressure variations @ idle.

As others have mentioned: your injectors are too small for a car with a T2, FMUs suck, and AFC's are soaked in failure and AIDS.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (Joseph Davis)

thanks all for good advice...i bought the kit with the injectors ...so im just working with what i have ...as far as tuning yeah i agree i like stuff ecu can be controlled with but this is stuff i had already...btw not looking to make to much horsepower as i mentioned before....

so first things first get something to manage ...better than vafc2 and the fmu...

what else?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get some new injectors like 550 or some cheap 440's. and since u want to stay on a budget get crome for management and a 255 fuel pump and you should be set
Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (pimpnpink)

You should be able to make 225ish whp on those 310ccs, so if thats all you want then keep them. Your eBay turbo and manifold are going to explode into 50 pieces, but they will work for a little while just be prepared. Also, sell the AFC and FMU, they're garbage.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hondata sucks ***
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Care to elaborate?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (93CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You should be able to make 225ish whp on those 310ccs</TD></TR></TABLE>

Disagree. He's going to have a hard time breaking 210 without leaning out. A stock cam LS is not going to be getting better than a .6 bsfc, sorry.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

310cc x 4inj = 1240cc
1240cc / 6cc per whp = 206whp at a 75-85% duty cycle; therefore, 225 is going to be pushing like JD said
Old 01-18-2008, 12:02 PM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (93CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Care to elaborate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, hondata vs. pgmfi.org

picking on the little freeware guys is an all time low, granted the case was started for a legitament reason, it wasn't blundars fault so why should he take the wrap?

I wouldn't be surprised if hondata set them up for the law suit.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (jdm_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

picking on the little freeware guys is an all time low, granted the case was started for a legitament reason, it wasn't blundars fault so why should he take the wrap?

I wouldn't be surprised if hondata set them up for the law suit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh God!!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't be surprised if hondata set them up for the law suit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol great point . sounds to me like haven't used either. so just keep your mouth shut unless you have proof
Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (Joseph Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Disagree. He's going to have a hard time breaking 210 without leaning out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, good to know. I just assumed since I see a lot of all motor guys getting 310s. And about the Hondata lawsuit.. havent heard anything about that?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (bigbadboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigbadboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol great point . sounds to me like haven't used either. so just keep your mouth shut unless you have proof </TD></TR></TABLE>

there's something called freedom of speech, even high school drop outs like yourself should know about it.

Also, what makes you assume I haven't used crome?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like the hondata. but every one is entitled to there own money and opinion right.
310s are a little small. get some 345s at least from a 92-96 prelude and that will give ya a little more room.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
i ♥ snails

dsm 450's are a good option for your build 310's like stated are too much on the small side, bsfc is different on a f/i motor than an all-motor setup.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

I have a stock LS turbo I run 440cc with a 255 walbro using a afc neo to tune....everything about my setup is cool, everything BUT the afc neo, it blows for tuning a boosted car im selling mine and getting hondata. Start out right, dont use the afc you'll regret it
Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (bigbadboy)

Some occupants of this thread are stupid.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:48 PM

your keeping the stock internals on the motor???
Old 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (97_civickid)

why the hell would you keep the stock internals ON THE MOTOR and not inside.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM

i mean stock valves, springs, cams and so on...
Old 01-20-2008, 10:58 AM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (97_civickid)

Step up to 440's for sure from the beginning. Boost gets addicting and you're going to want more eventually.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Default Re: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver. (ProMotiveConcepts)

this is just a budget turbo not looking to make ridiculous horsepower if i get 220 or in the visinity ill be happy...i have a setup started for my other car wich includes a lovefab sst manifold and a pretty nice turbo...

again i only paid 400 bucks for this ...figure i got a tial wastegate and a hks blowoff valve that alone is well worth what i paid for it everything else is just to play around with...

so as far as suggestions
definetely picking up bigger injectors...DSM 440s need to be ran with resistors correct?
also getting some type of management...whats free or cheap? remember im being as cheap as i can be?
Old 01-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your budget will get blown out of proportion when you destroy your motor running no real engine management. Your budget will also get screwed if you end up buying cheap parts that end up needing to be replaced.

Do it right the first time & be happy. Even if it takes a little longer.

Quick Reply: TURBO LS ON A BUDGET(suggestions for the setup) Daily driver.