Default Re: Turbo K20 build 2

Looks like all the Hondas that will be at TX2k will be black this year
Old 10-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
That will be cool. I'd like to bring mine down there, but that is a good hike for me.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Lol yea i thought about tht the other day! Im looking forward to it again for sure.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 13173
That will be cool. I'd like to bring mine down there, but that is a good hike for me.
I hear that man, it is a good drive from va. But sure hope u can come chill and race with us!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Took a break from the honda tonight. Had to get the race car ready for top 10 shoot-out tomorrow.
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1lowek2007
Thanks man, def should be fun and do some work on te street
Also, I have an ek coupe that I'll be road racing and daily driving, I was looking at the 3 piece front end so I can run extra runner but I don't know how it would look with a 16" wheel and a meaty toyo r888 under those fenders

opinion?

I'm probably going to take my spare front and rear bumpers, front fenders and use those and foam to shape a JGTC style kit so I can get as much aero out of the car as possible... I'm also flat bottoming the car and some other wild things
Old 10-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
Also, I have an ek coupe that I'll be road racing and daily driving, I was looking at the 3 piece front end so I can run extra runner but I don't know how it would look with a 16" wheel and a meaty toyo r888 under those fenders

opinion?

I'm probably going to take my spare front and rear bumpers, front fenders and use those and foam to shape a JGTC style kit so I can get as much aero out of the car as possible... I'm also flat bottoming the car and some other wild things
Honestly itll look very good man. Gabe has a wide front on 16" 255/50/16 r888's and it looks very good. Im waitin to hear from him to get a pic and ill post it up for you.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whose race car? I see it is a radial car, which is cool. Dry sumped, dual carbs, looks like it should run pretty well. What is that, a mid to high 4 sec 1/8th mile car?
Old 10-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whose race car? I see it is a radial car, which is cool. Dry sumped, dual carbs, looks like it should run pretty well. What is that, a mid to high 4 sec 1/8th mile car?
My dad built the car, i drive it and race it. Hes gettin older so it got hard for him to concentrate on everything that needs to be done to make a pass. And wasnt able to race pro tree as well anymore so i took over. And yep your rite, dry sump, two 1050 dominators, 3 stages of nitrous. We do mostly 1/8 mile but i still like to do 1/4 mile, we just dont run all stages in the 1/4 cause it runs out of gear. Its a 7.90 1/4 mile car 4.70-4.80 in the 1/8. It also has full interior, license plate and inspection sticker lol
Old 10-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My dad built the car, i drive it and race it. Hes gettin older so it got hard for him to concentrate on everything that needs to be done to make a pass. And wasnt able to race pro tree as well anymore so i took over. And yep your rite, dry sump, two 1050 dominators, 3 stages of nitrous. We do mostly 1/8 mile but i still like to do 1/4 mile, we just dont run all stages in the 1/4 cause it runs out of gear. Its a 7.90 1/4 mile car 4.70-4.80 in the 1/8. It also has full interior, license plate and inspection sticker lol

Thats cool, I have some friends that race some street class Mustangs now. Mostly grudge stuff right now because they are not fully setup to run in a class. One of them has enough engine and nitrous to run in the 4's, whether he has done it or not I am not sure of. I wished my dad still helped crew the car he used to be affiliated with when I was a kid. Well, now that technology is old, but I have some good friends that crew a pro mod car. They won a particular series that they run the car in over in NC. Setup for that class the car runs 3.80's - 3.90's normally. It has a blown Hemi style engine in that one. I helped them one Sunday with another car a while back. That one was also a Pro Mod car, but it was turbo'd. Same style Hemi engine, with one big PTE turbo. They were trying out something new and to be honest I do not think it was going to work. Plus the guy that owned that car could not drive it worth nothing, at least the last I heard was he still had not made a really clean pass with it. Also my friends told me that they took it to the track again after a few changes. My friend was helping the driver stage it up and he had already started to build boost up on it, something happened with the trans brake setup and how the ECU regulated the launch boost setting. I think once the trans brake button was pressed the ECU recognized that and limited the car to a lower boost setting and different set of parameters, well that did not work this particular time and the car launched on a lot of boost. I asked my friend how he did not notice the difference in the engine sound or something like that and he said he thought they had started to finally get the tune-up right with it. Anyways the car launched really hard and ended up shaking the tires after the 60'. It broke some stuff in the rear end and I think messed the axles up. The guy almost hit the wall with it too.

Here is a pic of that particular car. That is one of my old friends steering it back to the pits.

And here is a pic of the car they won the points series with
Old 10-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats cool, I have some friends that race some street class Mustangs now. Mostly grudge stuff right now because they are not fully setup to run in a class. One of them has enough engine and nitrous to run in the 4's, whether he has done it or not I am not sure of. I wished my dad still helped crew the car he used to be affiliated with when I was a kid. Well, now that technology is old, but I have some good friends that crew a pro mod car. They won a particular series that they run the car in over in NC. Setup for that class the car runs 3.80's - 3.90's normally. It has a blown Hemi style engine in that one. I helped them one Sunday with another car a while back. That one was also a Pro Mod car, but it was turbo'd. Same style Hemi engine, with one big PTE turbo. They were trying out something new and to be honest I do not think it was going to work. Plus the guy that owned that car could not drive it worth nothing, at least the last I heard was he still had not made a really clean pass with it. Also my friends told me that they took it to the track again after a few changes. My friend was helping the driver stage it up and he had already started to build boost up on it, something happened with the trans brake setup and how the ECU regulated the launch boost setting. I think once the trans brake button was pressed the ECU recognized that and limited the car to a lower boost setting and different set of parameters, well that did not work this particular time and the car launched on a lot of boost. I asked my friend how he did not notice the difference in the engine sound or something like that and he said he thought they had started to finally get the tune-up right with it. Anyways the car launched really hard and ended up shaking the tires after the 60'. It broke some stuff in the rear end and I think messed the axles up. The guy almost hit the wall with it too.

Here is a pic of that particular car. That is one of my old friends steering it back to the pits.

And here is a pic of the car they won the points series with
Dang man thats badass. I love all kinds of cars, never been one to hate on a car cause it wasnt what i have. I love the track, might even throw a cage in my honda so i can go a fee times.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Same here man. I love learning about new things and working on stuff. I really need to learn how to really tune my own stuff. I think with this new setup I am going to really try and learn some new things about tuning.

How close are you to being done with the new car?
Old 10-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lookin to be done within a month or so. I pretty much have everything to finish, but im getting put a little behind cause of some paint and body i need done. Heres my pistons and rods. Dome on the piston seems a little bigger then a 10.8:1 but thats what JE says so o well.
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, those pistons do look high compression. pretty deep valve reliefs too.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So i got my hybrid fpr a while back, and wanted to have a pushlock or AN fitting for my vacumn line. I told myself this build i wouldnt have any rubber hose on the car. Well, the vacumn source for the regulator is this little tiny weird threads i had never seen before. After finding out it was a 32 UNF threads i got worried i wouldnt find a fitting i needed. Somehow, someway, i found this fitting on amazin lol! I was happy.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, those pistons do look high compression. pretty deep valve reliefs too.
Yeah, pretty intense!

And about not hating on a car because it's not what you have, gotta agree on that one.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
Yeah, pretty intense!

And about not hating on a car because it's not what you have, gotta agree on that one.
Yea come to find out, je rates there compression ratio by using a .040 headgasket... Wich is weird. So with my stock gasket ive read itll be closer to 11.3:1 instead. Worried me a bit but a few people that have a lot of experience with high comp and e85 assured me it would be ok!!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd like to get one of those fittings for the vacuum line on my FPR. I have an Aeromotive, not sure the threads are the same.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea come to find out, je rates there compression ratio by using a .040 headgasket... Wich is weird. So with my stock gasket ive read itll be closer to 11.3:1 instead. Worried me a bit but a few people that have a lot of experience with high comp and e85 assured me it would be ok!!
Was that on their web page and you just overlooked it? I forget his name, but there is a guy on here that has done high compression boost and gotten very good results.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
Was that on their web page and you just overlooked it? I forget his name, but there is a guy on here that has done high compression boost and gotten very good results.
Well its on JE's website, but its not noted in any of the places ive seen that sells the pistons. So I ordered them from a reputable sales place (titan motorsports) but never caught it until I went to JE's website for some information. But I believe your talking about muckman, he went 13.5:1 and boost. Guess 11.3:1 isn't really crazy by todays standards lol.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd like to get one of those fittings for the vacuum line on my FPR. I have an Aeromotive, not sure the threads are the same.
The aeromotive is 1/16" threads. I used an aeromotive last time with a 3an line going to it. I actually have a 1/16 to 3an adapter fitting I bought for my regulator only to find out it wasn't the rite threads. PM me if you need it, ill send it to you.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:24 AM
I serve phở for my babies

i'm looking to use similar pistons as well.. Any problems with your JE's? and are you on stock sleeves? I have an AEBS sleeved k20 block in my garage.. not sure if it's needed with the same power you are making.. (that's my goal).

Also, your two Walbro 400 in-tanks--- what duty cycle are you at on your injectors?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ohsnapzafingcu
i'm looking to use similar pistons as well.. Any problems with your JE's? and are you on stock sleeves? I have an AEBS sleeved k20 block in my garage.. not sure if it's needed with the same power you are making.. (that's my goal).

Also, your two Walbro 400 in-tanks--- what duty cycle are you at on your injectors?
The car isnt running yet, just built the motor yesterday. But on assembly there was no issues with the JE pistons. Im still on stock sleeves, there good for roughly 900, theres plenty o people doing around 900 on them with no issues, so i know my 700 range on e85 will be just fine. As soon as everythings running in the car i will let you know the duty cycle with the two 450's.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

With these engines, it almost seems that if you wanted to by-pass internals for a little while and wanted to settle with 600-700whp stock rods and pistons will hang in there for a little while as long as your tune is good.

Looking forward to seeing this thing completed. About to go out and buy a few parts for mine. The goal for today is to possibly get the brakes done. Maybe try to source a throttle cable.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:58 PM
I serve phở for my babies

if stock pistons and rods will hold 600-700 all day.. what will eagle h-beams do? lol since they are only rated for 600 whp....

Quick Reply: Turbo K20 build 2