Notices

Turbo H22 Questions(Calling all Prelude Turbo Gurus i.e. GudeH23a and BluShadow)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo H22 Questions(Calling all Prelude Turbo Gurus i.e. GudeH23a and BluShadow)

Wsup Guys. I've been in this forum when this thread first got started. I want to go turbo and hands down in my opinion. H22 is the best way to go. Low rpm redline, larger bore + Civic=Good power and low Quarter mile times, due to the torque numbers.
My first question is I heard that certain H series motors are better than other. So, what is the whole closed and open deck debate about. =>=>=>=>=>=>=>=>=>
=>Second or consequently which engine is better and why. Which year prelude has that motor.
Third, I heard that H series motors have tranny problems how true is that and which tranny has that problem.
Lastly, I've read in a lot of posts in the forced induction forum that the pistons or the pins or ringlands of the piston in H series motors are no good.
If any of you can vouch for otherwise please help me out. I'm no newbie but I'm just tired of hearing so much about why I shouldn't go H22. There is also the added weight that an H-series motor adds. My friend say that the H motor would only be good for str8 line racing i.e. quarter mile. Me and my crew are interested in auto-x.

My goals are 400whp and 300-350ft/lbs of torque. Simply do you guys have any suggestions on which H motor I should go with I don't want the H23 I wanna go H22 because it has VTEC and the bottom end will be a bit stronger IMO. So I hope I haven't bored any of you, I wanna believe my questions are valid and not nonsense...I'm gonna shut up now and let some of you answer. In particular I wish GudeH23a would respond