Notices

turbo charging computer software....what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo charging computer software....what do you guys think?

I need to come up with a good sr. project for my software programming class. I'm wondering what you all think of software that someone would be able to use to design their turbo system and be able to factor in all the variables, such as, manifold design, turbo size, piping size, bov, intercooler efficiency etc... Something that will plot out turbo design diagrams, part lists, as well as give estimated horsepower gains per psi, or anything else. I'm thinking that you can guess the power gains by having all other factors constant. I think assuming you use the exact same engine for each application, and are only changing the piping size or turbo size, you'd be able to estimate the power gains well enough. I'd like it also to be able to tell when the turbo is boosting at what rpm, and how long it will produce power. That way people will be able to choose a custom turbo setup for their specific application, whether it's daily driven or race driven, or both.

I plan on doing this for just a specific engine, in a specific car. I don't know what yet...but I'm leaning toward a G3 integra w/ b18b engine....because that's what I've got.

What do all of you think about this idea. I'm going to write the proposal soon, and so I'd like to use everyones collective expertice and experience to design my requirements. So please post what you think would be cool to have a program do for you.

If this project gets accepted, I know that I will need experts on the subject. So if you've got technical engineering knowledge to share, let me know. I know I will need help determining many many many factors. Everything from manifold designs, to piping diameter, mandrel bend efficiency, etc...the list goes on.

Paraphrase:

I'm planning on creating a software package that will give the needed information for a specific application. It will help you get to where you want to be with your car...190 hp, 250 hp, etc.

What do you think are key functions that would be need to be included in this software package?

If you've got expertice and knowledge about turbo systems and their different factors and would like to be a part of this project....let me know.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:54 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: turbo charging computer software....what do you guys think? (asianspeed)

i think you should write the control algorithm to turn a solenoid into a boost controller,

or write a program that could be used on a car to use the ABS sensors to implement boost modulated traction control.