Notices

Turbo b18b wont start HELP!

Old 08-20-2004, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo b18b wont start HELP!

My car is about 1 year in the works and I was hoping it was going to end last night, guess not. b18b, golden eagle sleeves, eagle rods, wiseco pistons, ported head, blah blah blah, anyways...."MilanoRedLst" came over last night with his laptop and loaded up his basemap onto my aem ems, we have the same setups just different injectors. After a couple of fuel leaks we were ready to crank her over. Turned the key, nothing, I have spark, it felt like it wanted to start but the wideband reveal 8:1 afr, PEG RICH! He's like wtf! So we leaned it out so much that he couldn't take any more out??? We were dumbfounded? My question is, if my resistor box is wired correctly will it make my car run so rich it won't start, i've heard of this before and I think it's my problem? Please any suggestions would be a lifesaver. Thanks guys!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo b18b wont start HELP! (Teglove2)

You sure they are peak and hold type injectors? Also, was the basemap on the EMS for a similar sized injector?
Old 08-20-2004, 06:43 AM

[QUOTE=Teglove2] My question is, if my resistor box is wired correctly will it make my car run so rich it won't startQUOTE]

I would say so but i would also think that it would screw your injectors as they are getting way to much voltage if the box it not wired currently. I carnt remember where but some one listed the voltage that should be found at each resister you could try checking that
Old 08-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo b18b wont start HELP! (crispydee)

im still betting the maps need more work to get it started with such big injectors. but ive been known to be wrong before.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo b18b wont start HELP! (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You sure they are peak and hold type injectors? Also, was the basemap on the EMS for a similar sized injector?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I loaded my tuned map for the setup in my sig. We have very similar setups with the exception of our injectors (550 to 740) and our map sensors. I'm using the GM 3 bar, Ryan has a AEM 3.5 bar. I would think the map would at least start this thing. Actually it should start and run decent.

itr206...I rescaled the maps for the larger injectors, this alone should have taken out enough fuel to allow the engine to idle, even after this the car didn't want to start. So I took out fuel, and took out some more fuel. I was at the point where no more could be taken out, so I have to guess it is something other than this.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Turbo b18b wont start HELP! (MilanoRedLST)

You should be able to pull enough fuel out to start at. Have you guys seen if the plugs were fouled out?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo b18b wont start HELP! (AVATAR)

checkthe plugs. i bet they were beyond soaked. Im saying this becuase i went thru the same exact thing.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure if they are peak and hold type injectors, but most people told me I needed a resistor box and "xrtdac" told me which wires on the harness to splice into, so I don't know why it would be wrong, he has the same car? Yes he changed the injectors sizes. Does anyone have any DETAILED pics of their resistor box install on a 98-01 integra? Thanks.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Teglove2)

they should be peak and hold. the only company that makes saturated that big is RC and they just came out with them . i could be wrong though. Check your wiring . I remember the wiring info you gave me was retarded. It was alot more work then it should be. coulda gotten mixed up with that

check on the Hondata site for wiring instruction.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Now we went back over to the house and now and I can't even get the ecu online? WTF!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when you are changing the injectors in the aem ems you have to do two things. One, go to the battery offset table and set the battery voltage for the new injectors. Two, go to your fuel map and right click, there is a option at the bottom of the menu that says "change fuel injector/pressure". Select that option and enter the info. If you dont do the both of these things you will have all types of intermitten problems and dont know why. Also when you change the injectors and the fuel map rescalses it throws you engine start setting off. I think its the intial crank fuel table that messed up real bad. check those things out and let me know how it works out for you. If your still having problems pm me your number and I call you and work it out. I've been running the aem ems for almost a year now. I have my car running like stock.