Notices

Turbo B16 00Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo B16 00Civic Si

Hello, I'm soon going to be installing a custom turbo kit on my USDM B16 OBDII 00 Civic Si. The entire kit will be put together by me and tuned by a shop. This is my first time building a turbo set-up and will like to hear your suggestions and ideas as well as feedback. The kit so far consists of the following brand new parts:

1) Garrett T3/T04B Stage 3 Wheel Turbine A/R .63 & H-3 Trim Compressor A/R .70
2) Bar & Plate 600CFM Intercooler 28"X8"X3.5" Inlet/Outlet 2.5"
3) Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Intercooler Piping from Turbo to Intake Manifold
4) Meutek B-Series Turbo Manifold w/ Wastegate Bung between #2 & #3 ports
5) Authentic Tial Sport 38MM Wastegate w/ .5Bar Spring (7.2 PSI)
6) Authentic Greddy BOV Type-RS
7) 2.5" Mandrel Bent Down Pipe w/ Flex Section & 02 Sensor Bung

There is still many things I need like the oil feed and return lines, all gaskets, boost/oil/water & A/F gauges, OBDII to OBDI conversion harness and OBDI ECU with tuning hardware and software. I would like to go with a Hondata s300 P28 chipped ECU. Any suggestion on brand for the 3 Bar MAP Sensor and WideBand? My goal for this project is to build a street reliable b16 turbo motor. Horsepower and boost will be in accordance with the stock internals on the bottom end so reliability and dependability are of main concern. The PR3 head has received an Alaniz Street Master port and polish with 5 angle valve job and some chamber work. Dual valve springs are in place held by titanium retainers pushing .5mm oversized exhaust stainless steel valves. Up top new Denso Iridium spark plugs and new Accel 8mm wires. Fuel delivery is fed by a Walbro 255L fuel pump purified by a new Honda filter, adjusted by a B&M FPR and monitored by a Vision Motorworks FP gauge. An Exeddy Clutch and pressure plate mated with a Fidanza lightened flywheel are bolted between the stock motor and tranny. Suspension is supported by Tokiko 5-way adjustable shocks and coil-overs and stock brakes stop the cross drilled and slotted rotors on all 4 corners.

This is the part where I ask you guys for your suggestions? What do you think of the entire setup and what can I do to improve it? Keep in mind that it is a budget build but as you can see I do want quality parts. How much horse power is expected from a setup like this and what can a stock b16 motor handle? What tuning shops with dynos have a credible rep in the Los Angeles County? Raceline Development and Church's Automotive are few I've heard about. Once again, thanks for any suggestions and feedback.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo B16 00Civic Si (Evilparadize)

Make one for me