Notices

Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions

Alright let me just jump into what happened. I was leaving my friends house and everything was perfect. I was driving to taco bell and pulled into the parking lot. As I was pulling into a spot I felt my car sputtor a little. So I figure I will back up and see if it does it again. So I proceed to back up and as I back up the same thing happens. So I tell my friend I am going to take it home before it craps out on me. So I get back on the main road and it is acting really bad.

It was running so bad, I cant even explain it... I would step on the gas but it wouldnt even go. It just kept cruising to a stop eventually. So I get my tools out and figure I shot my spark plugs. I take them out and they look ok but I put a spare set anyways. I try to turn the car over but it still doesn't turn over. So I have run out of ideas and I am on the phone with my back turned to the HID's. I turn back around and one of the HID's are out. I then go into my car and the dome light is a little dimmer. I put the key in and power up everything and the dome light gets even dimmer. I then turn on my lights and the dome light is almost out. So then I figure its my battery. I try to turn it over again and I hear the clicking noise now.

I then assume it is my alternator. So the little security guard drove by and I asked him to jump me so I can at least make it home (I was so damn close). So he hooks me up and I turn on my lights and all to make sure I have power. He leaves the battery hooked up for less than a minute and tells me to crank it up. So I do and te clicking is gone, but it still wont turn over. Can a busted alternator cause that much problems?...my god there is so much info. I will check this thread every 30 sec. so if you have questions please ask them and I can get back to them right away.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (aaaallll04)

HAHA, watch it just be my battery....

But still, throw out some reasoning behind this problem...
Old 05-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The clicking noise is because the battery is so dead. Its normal. Get your battery tested and see if its bad, and if it isnt, then its probably your alternator.

Yager-
Old 05-13-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (ImportHatch)

Thanks Yager
Old 05-13-2005, 10:08 PM

Like the above said, if it's not your battery it's probably your alternator. I remember when my Alternator went bad on my teg. I turned on the lights and I lost power. I tried getting home, cause I was about 6 miles away and I kept on my Hazards when driving, but it made me go even slower.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (90integra05)

Yeah but can the alternator/battery cause the car to idle crappy?

I assume maybe not giving good enough spark?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:32 AM

Ok, well the battery is dead but the alternator is good. I am still having the same problems though. I am thinking there is an electrical problem...that or my Idle air control valve is busted.

I just hope this isnt a turbo related problem...
Old 05-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much boost your're pushing?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (Flr Power)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flr Power &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much boost your're pushing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA
Old 05-14-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (adseguy)

omg....

Had it towed to the dealership because I thought it was my alternator. I get there and I pay 45 dollars for the diagnostic. They determine the battery is dead....I already knew that. Then they charge my 89.99 for a electric/fuel system check.The check shows up that the problem is coming from the fuel pump. So the service guy said he would call me back after they test the fuel pump.

I get a call back in less than 3 min and these are his exact words...
"Alex, well good news. We found the problem but you won't believe what it is...you ran out of gas."

I was completly embarrassed. The walbro fuel pump's filter is angled differently than stock, so the fuel gauge has been off since then. But I have had the gas that low before, but I guess it was way off this time. Man, what an idiot. Thanks for the help though

By the way, I boost .5bar daily
Old 05-14-2005, 12:41 PM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE.

thats pretty funny man.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:46 PM

so you spent over a hundred dollars to find out you were out of gas? methinks you should buy a ratchet set and a mechanics manual and get started down the diy road. you couldve saved a headache.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (f22b2tdave)

that sux....
Old 05-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (redturbocivic)

HAHA...man that sux, but a good story to tell people (always gotta look at the bright side)
Old 05-14-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (f22b2tdave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f22b2tdave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you spent over a hundred dollars to find out you were out of gas? methinks you should buy a ratchet set and a mechanics manual and get started down the diy road. you couldve saved a headache.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, well I do have all that stuff. I am a DIY kind of guy. The thing that through me off was that I have let the gas go lower than that before. It must of just not read it right....oh well, at least it wasnt something bad.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:10 AM

guys....just had the same problem..... my car was rolling on the freeway, i felt a gerk...den my gas didnt' work..... it wouldn't go..... im thinking its my fuel pump or my fuel filter....but i dont' know where to locate it..... i work on my car myself...but i need to know where my fuel pump/ filter are.....my car is not turbo yet...but almost there......

i also need to know where to tap the line in for the oil feed for my turbo. i don't even know where to go..... can i get some help on both issues? some picture would help alot of referrence of where its near......

f22a......92 accord
Old 07-03-2005, 12:36 PM

Location: City of fakeJDMs but their vT3s HiT H3ll4 L0uD...., usa
Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (khmer504x)

lol you had me reading every word...funny story...suxs tho you spend so much money on nothing
Old 07-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Accord died today...I have some Questions (khmer504x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by khmer504x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guys....just had the same problem..... my car was rolling on the freeway, i felt a gerk...den my gas didnt' work..... it wouldn't go..... im thinking its my fuel pump or my fuel filter....but i dont' know where to locate it..... i work on my car myself...but i need to know where my fuel pump/ filter are.....my car is not turbo yet...but almost there......

i also need to know where to tap the line in for the oil feed for my turbo. i don't even know where to go..... can i get some help on both issues? some picture would help alot of referrence of where its near......

f22a......92 accord </TD></TR></TABLE>

You should start your own thread. Your fuel pump is in the gas tank. You'll have to drop the gas tank to get to it. Or remove the back seat. I'm not 100% sure if you can do it that way though. The filter is mounted on your firewall. Passenger Side.