Notices

tuning opinion...? supercharger

Old 12-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning opinion...? supercharger

Well im not really familiar with forced induction when it comes to having to tune it... I've messed with stock setups on cars but not a car that wasnt originally setup for it... so what is my solution to a good progam for a superchager on my mini me...
Its a d15b8 with a y8 head... so my compression is kinda high. The head will be taken off for a p&p and port match and a slight mill along w any other replacement needed. So after that I should be around 11:1 comp ratio for tuning. What should I use for progaming... not sure on my supercharger spec but anywhere from 10-15 psi... please any feed back would be awesome.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 AM
R.I.P. Mark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: tuning opinion...? supercharger

Hondata wouldd be a good tuning option with base maps avalible

@ 10 -15psi your going to cause lots of problems unless your planning on cooling the intake charge

what type of charger are you thinking of useing
and more details of the setup your planning
Old 12-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Which S/C are you using?
What tuning software are you using?
Who is tuning it?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well im goin with a previa supercharger... so it will be a home made system but one that has been done before. Fairly easy setup. A little customizing and it bolts right in. It puts out about 12 psi, stock pulley. I am goin to run an intercooler and probably go with dsm 450cc inj. As far as software, thats where I need some assistance. MRGRIM mentioned hondata... I read of these different programs like chrome and hondata, ect... but im not really sure what the difference is between what they are capable of doing. This charger has a clutch system. So I can turn it on and off. So im thinking maybe something where I can run two different maps for whatever im running at the moment... idk... you guys let me know lol
Old 12-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am goin supercharger... so no turbo... I like the fact of turning it on and off... and those turbos put a little more ware and tear. I like the more maintenance free aspect of the s/c
Old 12-24-2013, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crxsi1
Well im goin with a previa supercharger... so it will be a home made system but one that has been done before. Fairly easy setup. A little customizing and it bolts right in. It puts out about 12 psi, stock pulley. I am goin to run an intercooler and probably go with dsm 450cc inj. As far as software, thats where I need some assistance. MRGRIM mentioned hondata... I read of these different programs like chrome and hondata, ect... but im not really sure what the difference is between what they are capable of doing. This charger has a clutch system. So I can turn it on and off. So im thinking maybe something where I can run two different maps for whatever im running at the moment... idk... you guys let me know lol

With my SC14 only and Twincharge setup Crome free and Crome pro works great for me.

If you want a better rom editor I'd go NepTune over Hondata S300, more bang for your buck between those two.