- fmic 2" hot side, 2.5" cold
- 450cc blue tops
- walbro 255lph
- p28 with ostrich and hulog
- innovate lc-1 wideband
- blitz bov
- 2.5" turbo back with test pipe
- completely stock engine

So shes running pretty good on a basemap right now, havent gone into boost yet. Im up at school right now and ill coming home this weekend to get to tuning. Ive messed around with crome and have been reading anything and everything i can get my hands on over at pgmfi, h-t, d-series, turbod16... everywhere. Ive played with datalogging and all that, everything is working good. I just want to confirm some of the tuning concepts and get some insight on the part throttle tuning because i cant find as much info on that. So from what ive gathered im going to do my pulls in 3rd or 4th gear to nail my fuel tables down. But as far as tuning ignition i feel like im missing something. without an egt im not sure how im supposed to know when to retard or advance more, weather to do it on the dizzy or in crome.. ect. Im just trying to throw stuff out there so people dont think im some guy who doesnt know how to use the search button and doesnt feel like reading haha So anyone who has had some experience with street tuning with crome free, im just looking for some good advise and what i should be looking out for. I feel like im forgetting a lot of the questions i had to ask, but im sure they will come to me sooner or later! thanks!!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tuning d16 turbo with crome free

okay well as soon as i posted this i realized i probably should have put this into the engine management and tuning section =/ so dont grill me for that im sorry haha
Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

maybe a mod can move it?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i know this thread is kinda old but nobody helped you out and i have the same question pretty much.. when tuning ignition, if i hear detonation, i retard the timing until i dont hear it anymore?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CPreston
well i know this thread is kinda old but nobody helped you out and i have the same question pretty much.. when tuning ignition, if i hear detonation, i retard the timing until i dont hear it anymore?
I would like to know also lol
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah thats what you wanna do..... to make the max hp/tq this is not the method to get you there, but it will get you close. the max hp/tq will not be just before you start knocking, and you can only find out what it is on the dyno... but for people like me who want to do it all themselves, then yeah give it timing til you hear knock and back it off a few degrees. please dont just go by ear, hook up some det-cans or some other knock sensing device or whatever because i know i wouldnt trust just my ears over exhaust and all that. ive been running my own map i tuned for about 5-6 months now with no problems... took this exact setup to the track and ran 14.6 on 17" heavy *** wheels and all season tires lol, with better tires i could get into the high 13's i believe.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

if you're a complete noob, you'd be safer having someone tune your car the first time.... watch them and see what they do and make small adjustments yourself. thats the best way to start

and I really wish people would stop bumping old *** threads
Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
if you're a complete noob, you'd be safer having someone tune your car the first time.... watch them and see what they do and make small adjustments yourself. thats the best way to start

and I really wish people would stop bumping old *** threads
agreed. im not trying to give out tuning advice, because i am by no means an expert. im just learning myself... and yeah, i wasn't going to reply, but this was the second time the thread was brought back to life so i figured id just say what i had to say lol.