Notices

tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo?

my buddy is selling me his aem ems that he had for his civic i want to use for my boosted h22 but is it capable of doing that i thought i heard somewhere that it was igniton control so is it it capable of tuning the fuel also my original idea was chiped p28 with crome but if i can use this insted then i would rather do that any suggestions on wich way to go wich will be more reliable and so on thankx guys.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (mikegeezy)

aem ems controls fuel.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (Greg H)

go with the aem! much nicer product. but if you dont have anyone to tune it then its almost useless. try to find someone local to you and go from there. but if you decide you dont wanrt to use it pm me cuz i want it.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

AEM controls pretty much anything, but it's only as good as the tuner
Old 12-08-2006, 05:59 AM
cuin9sec

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (mrbh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with the aem! much nicer product. but if you dont have anyone to tune it then its almost useless. try to find someone local to you and go from there. but if you decide you dont wanrt to use it pm me cuz i want it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WRONG...I learned how to tune on the AEM EMS in a week or two. It isnt all that hard to learn man. You can go to http://www.aempower.com and read the forums. Also if you have any questions you can definately ask them...people will help.

Happy tuning!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (cuin9sec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cuin9sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WRONG...I learned how to tune on the AEM EMS in a week or two. It isnt all that hard to learn man. You can go to http://www.aempower.com and read the forums. Also if you have any questions you can definately ask them...people will help.

Happy tuning! </TD></TR></TABLE>

tru dat a buddy of mine tunes his own car also...takes some common sense and sometime put in...but the car runs awesome and even passed emmissions
Old 12-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cuin9sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your just an *** cuin9sec. your always so eager to prove someone wrong or make someone else look stupid. aem has a training course to be certified in using their software. just because you can "tune" with aem doesnt mean that you know everything about aem. i was saying look around and try to find someone certified by aem to tune his car. i wouldt trust just some guy who says he knows how to tune aem to my motor that i have put my hard earned money into. just my .02, as for the boards yes they are very helpful but if you have no idea about how to tune the help boards arent going to train you completely. and tuning is alot more than a/f ratios and timing, contrary to many belifs!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AEM controls pretty much anything, but it's only as good as the tuner </TD></TR></TABLE>

true that. AEM has a lot of features/options, but obviously you have to learn how to use everything optimally.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cuin9sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WRONG...I learned how to tune on the AEM EMS in a week or two. It isnt all that hard to learn man. You can go to http://www.aempower.com and read the forums. Also if you have any questions you can definately ask them...people will help.

werd, his **** runz ninez s0n.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (dunkd)

ok well im in a messed up spot then cuz the only tuner shops around my way dont have dynos they say that they have other people do there dynos and i asked if they could tune aem and they said that they diddnt know anything about aem but that i should buy neptune cuz they can tune with that so i am in a hard spot my next question is i obviously need to learn how to tune my car my self so what is goning to be the easiest to learn i have read pgmfi.org and call me dumb but i diddnt understand a dam word they were talking about i tryed to read it on 3 different occasions and still diddnt understand what the hell they were saying so i need to know i am a beginer with tuning oviously what is going to be easier aem,crome,uber,neptune, and so on please share your experiences and any insight on helping me understand more so that i may have a reliable turbo project with best performance thank you guys.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok well im in a messed up spot then cuz the only tuner shops around my way dont have dynos they say that they have other people do there dynos and i asked if they could tune aem and they said that they diddnt know anything about aem but that i should buy neptune cuz they can tune with that so i am in a hard spot my next question is i obviously need to learn how to tune my car my self so what is goning to be the easiest to learn i have read pgmfi.org and call me dumb but i diddnt understand a dam word they were talking about i tryed to read it on 3 different occasions and still diddnt understand what the hell they were saying so i need to know i am a beginer with tuning oviously what is going to be easier aem,crome,uber,neptune, and so on please share your experiences and any insight on helping me understand more so that i may have a reliable turbo project with best performance thank you guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

search and research them all...
Old 12-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (dunkd)

yah right i have heard about trying to get ahold of court its like trying to find a million dollars lying around. so i dont think thats a logical option andi have read up on all of them but i get mixed emotions from people like oh you should use crome oh you should use neptune and so on i just want to know what one will be the easiest to learn so i can learn what the hell is going on and not have to depend on other people to tune my car. any links that can direct me on my mission would be nice or just personal suggestions would be great too thankx
Old 12-08-2006, 08:41 PM
cuin9sec

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (mrbh22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbh22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your just an *** cuin9sec. your always so eager to prove someone wrong or make someone else look stupid. aem has a training course to be certified in using their software. just because you can "tune" with aem doesnt mean that you know everything about aem. i was saying look around and try to find someone certified by aem to tune his car. i wouldt trust just some guy who says he knows how to tune aem to my motor that i have put my hard earned money into. just my .02, as for the boards yes they are very helpful but if you have no idea about how to tune the help boards arent going to train you completely. and tuning is alot more than a/f ratios and timing, contrary to many belifs!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ill tell you what man...eat a dick ok? I was just pointing out that it was not brain science and if you put your mind to it then you can do anything. I take it that you would rather pay to have it tuned then try and learn something new yourself. Am I right? If not I dont care. I KNOW there is a lot more to tuning the a/f's, timing, etc. Its called teaching yourself and putting forth an effort man.

DONT CALL ME out like that ****. That was some BS man. I was not proving anyone wrong...just trying to inspire them to try something once.

Now thanks for wasting my time.

Back on topic...good luck with the tune man. Give it a try!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drumking15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tru dat a buddy of mine tunes his own car also...takes some common sense and sometime put in...but the car runs awesome and even passed emmissions </TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like I didnt upset this man. Funny how its just the same couple people busting my ***** for no reason. GROWUP!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:46 PM
cuin9sec

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yah right i have heard about trying to get ahold of court its like trying to find a million dollars lying around. so i dont think thats a logical option andi have read up on all of them but i get mixed emotions from people like oh you should use crome oh you should use neptune and so on i just want to know what one will be the easiest to learn so i can learn what the hell is going on and not have to depend on other people to tune my car. any links that can direct me on my mission would be nice or just personal suggestions would be great too thankx</TD></TR></TABLE>

you talking about cortney green? he will tune your car man. pm him on here...username uglyasscivic. it may be a couple weeks before he could tune it tho but it would WELLLLLL be worth the wait. try to pm him and let us know.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you are a dumbass joe...

this guy obviously cannot tune his own car.. do you see his posts, he has no knowledge about what is going on.. its not something you can just gain overnight.. if he really needs a car tuned he needs to take it to somebody.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: tuning with aem ems on obd1 h22 turbo? (dmotoguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are a dumbass joe...

this guy obviously cannot tune his own car.. do you see his posts, he has no knowledge about what is going on.. its not something you can just gain overnight.. if he really needs a car tuned he needs to take it to somebody.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

...and youre not helping him learn.

as for mikegeezy (who started the thread) the pgmfi forums are tough to learn but are a starting point nonetheless. all of the tuners are going to point you in that direction. from my understanding the aem ems is not really a 'beginner' system to learn on or anything, but once again, you have to start somewhere. the aem ems apparently has a lot of parameters/factors that some of the other systems, hondata, chrome, neptune, etc, have. again, this could be a learning opportunity. your best bet--if youre going to pay someone to tune your car--is to find an experienced tuner that will let you sit shotgun (figuritively speaking) and learn a thing or two...anyway, goodluck. if tuning was that foreign, no one would do it.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 PM
cuin9sec

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are a dumbass joe...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

looks like you cant tune and never will either man. i had NEVER tuned a car in my WHOLE entire life and I learned how to tune on the AEM EMS in 1 day. It took me a week or so to work all the bugs out but I did push 400whp out of a stock gsr engine so I mustve been doing something right. So Im a dumbass huh? lmao.

Im am officially calling you out now man. Im tired of you BS responses that you know nothing about but think you do just to be the center of attention. If you dont have nothing nice to say then go suck you BOYS DICK and leave me out of it. For real. All Im trying to do is inspire someone to take a day or 2 and LEARN the basics of tuning. ANYONE can do it Dylan! Even yourself...MAYBE.

P.S. Looks like that engine is running.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cuin9sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So Im a dumbass huh? lmao.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes.. for telling that kid to go tune his car, he has NO clue what is going on.. thats why you are a dumbass.

that guy is not going to take a day or two and learn the basics of tuning.. he needs to spend some time learning a lot more than that before he can tackle tuning a car.. you should realize that, but you are incapable. people that say tuning is easy dont know what they are talking about. If it was easy the good tuners wouldnt be paid the bucks.

yes the motor kinda started last night, for 20-30 seconds.. i'll let you know how the comp test goes tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:34 PM
cuin9sec

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes.. for telling that kid to go tune his car, he has NO clue what is going on.. thats why you are a dumbass.

that guy is not going to take a day or two and learn the basics of tuning.. he needs to spend some time learning a lot more than that before he can tackle tuning a car.. you should realize that, but you are incapable. people that say tuning is easy dont know what they are talking about. If it was easy the good tuners wouldnt be paid the bucks.

yes the motor kinda started last night, for 20-30 seconds.. i'll let you know how the comp test goes tomorrow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i just stated i had never tuned a car in my life...purchased the aem ems...installed it...and tuned it myself. IT ISNT BRAIN SCIENCE. if i did it...anyone can. you take small baby step when tuning. start off a base map and no boost...work your way up. thats what i did and it DOES work. ANYONE can do it.

This will help you if youre using AEM:

http://www.aempower.com

Go to the forums...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I totally understand how easy it is for people to learn how to tune to a certain extent IF they know the fundamentals of how a car runs and what they are doing..

look at this guys posts..

"call me dumb but i diddnt understand a dam word they were talking about i tryed to read it on 3 different occasions and still diddnt understand what the hell they were saying"

the stuff on pgmfi.org isnt that complex. would you trust him to tune your motor? then why tell him to tune his own.. he's just going to end up messing **** up..

I'm all for pushing people to learn.. but skipping all the way to tuning your own car is taking it a little far, this guy needs to find a knowledgable local guy to tune his car and watch what that guy does.. ask questions, listen, research.. then maybe tune his car next time
Old 12-08-2006, 11:15 PM
cuin9sec

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I totally understand how easy it is for people to learn how to tune to a certain extent IF they know the fundamentals of how a car runs and what they are doing..

look at this guys posts..

"call me dumb but i diddnt understand a dam word they were talking about i tryed to read it on 3 different occasions and still diddnt understand what the hell they were saying"

the stuff on pgmfi.org isnt that complex. would you trust him to tune your motor? then why tell him to tune his own.. he's just going to end up messing **** up..

I'm all for pushing people to learn.. but skipping all the way to tuning your own car is taking it a little far, this guy needs to find a knowledgable local guy to tune his car and watch what that guy does.. ask questions, listen, research.. then maybe tune his car next time</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, let me reword it. if you have the ability to upload a basemap...get the car started...data log with wideband...read and learn THEN you have a fighting chance. BUT if youre an illiterate person and dont care then dont bother tuning it.

Im dont here man...I have work to do.