Notices

trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help

i tried to install the kit today and ran into a few problems. wondering of anyone can help me out please.the dip stick won't fit after i put the turbo manifold on. am i suppose to bend it out of the way? towards the driver side? and with what do i use to ? Those are the bend it? i do not want to break anything. also are there replacement fans for the fan that goes on the radiator on the passenger side? the stock one is kinda big and i heard that you can get a slimmer one. any idea who makes it and whether it will fit in the stock mounting locations? these are the only problems i saw tonight. BTW its a drag gen III kit for 95 integra gsr. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-12-2001, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (GSRrR)

I used some cutters and cut 4 sides off of the dip stick seal until it was effectively square instead of round. Now it fits in the dipstick hole through the manifold (kinda have to press hard to get it in but it works OK).

You can cut your stock fans with a dremel to make them fit. If you want, they sell thinner fans at pepboys that you can use. You will have to wire and mount them yourself, though. I just bought FAL fans but they are really expensive.

Dustin
Old 09-12-2001, 11:12 PM
ken
Trial User

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (dustin)

Are there any advantages to the FAL fans over the pepboys ones?
Old 09-13-2001, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (dustin)

Does the FAL fans bolt directly on? Without gettin in the way of the Drag kit? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:49 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (IgniteTeg)

buy a fmax then you won't have to worry about anything not fitting.

haha!
Old 09-13-2001, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (00SilverLS)

Hell yeah!
Old 09-13-2001, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (00SilverLS)

You will have to worry about your wallet fitting back in to your pocket too easily, though.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And if you think the fmax kit just bolts on with no issues, you have fallen for the propaganda.

Dustin
Old 09-13-2001, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes the FAL fans are direct bolt-ons.

On my manifold there was a little casting bits that were left over on the manifold a couple of minutes with a dermel to smooth it out and the dip stick went right in.

k

[Modified by redline, 8:55 AM 9/13/2001]
Old 09-13-2001, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (redline)

the fal are nice but nto worth the money. You can go to local auto store get a slimline fan for almost 10 time less than a fal.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:08 PM

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (b18bturbo)

i have the fal fans, and i like them, but at the time i had a bunch of cash laying around. i like when i park in dirt and the fans kick on dust blows up and for the dipstick, twist clockwise around the manifold bolt and pull up and to the left thats how i do it anyway.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (integRated109)

Yep my FAL fans move SO MUCH AIR! It is crazy.

Dustin
Old 09-13-2001, 03:23 PM
New User

I think Fal are worth the money, because they cool better.
Old 09-13-2001, 05:21 PM
New User

whats up. hey dustin, do u notice how alot of times when people ask a serious question in a post some people will just say some kind of stupidass comment? im not coming off tryin to be an *******..but i think its messed up when someone needs help so puts up a post and they get some kind of sarcastic reply....like recently i asked who could help me w/ shaving and painting my valve cover...then someone replied" u could save your money and leave it the way it is" im like WTF??!? and another post i asked for help on building up my friends H23 prelude..then someone else replied" u should have just got the H22!hhaha(followed by a smiley face) i guess some people just have to throw in their 2 cents..for u guyz who like 2 do that u need to realize that people make posts cuz they need help with whatever they post about, they dont need sarcastic comments which do no good. "shouldve just got an FMAX kit!" "hell yea!" like dustin said thats just wasting 1000 dollars and installation isnt really bolt on like u probably think. but anyway just think about it before u reply to a post...i kno i dont have 2000 posts like some of u guyz but i think that everyone would be able to understand where im comin from ~ peace
Old 09-13-2001, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (turbo01gsr)

I second that!
Old 09-13-2001, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: trying to install my drag kit and hit some obstacles please help (GSRrR)

Thanks for all your help guys. I will try it out tonight. Also another thing i thought of when i was laying in my bed tring to sleep. Do many people take out the factory studs that hold the exhaust manifold in place and use bolts instead? Any advantage in doing this? Would it do any harm in using a different kind of metal for the bolts? I am thinking about doing this becuse the locking nuts does not turn in all the way like it used to. Thanks again guys for any help.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You probably do not want to do that. The head is made out of soft aluminum, and it will not hold up all that well if you are constantly tightening/loosening those bolts/nuts. (If you have a turbo, you definately will be taking the manifold off at least a few times). Just use the stock nuts, they work fine.

Dustin
Old 09-14-2001, 03:47 AM

for some reason, the nut where my dipstick goes through is longer than the others, and my dipstick is pretty chewed up because im super paranoid and check my oil every day. i have thought about cutting that one down a bit.
Old 09-15-2001, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default dip stick clears on f-max kit

but you still need to trim the stock fan though. my guestion is that the seal on the oil dipstick is going bad and so is letting oil to jump out. any suggestions on a replacement. also that thing gets damn hot by being right between the manifold.

thanks in advance
tony