Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Troubleshooting: CNC WERX CSS B18C1 has inconsistent cylinder compression #s

Troubleshooting: CNC WERX CSS B18C1 has inconsistent cylinder compression #s

Old 06-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting: CNC WERX CSS B18C1 has inconsistent cylinder compression #s

I have a b18c1 css block with eagle rods and je pistons golden eagle oil squirters delete with a stock head and stock b16 cams. well my car running funny on three cylinders. cylinder 1-179, cylinder 2-150, cylinder 3-180, and cylinder 4-30.. after it ran for about 15 minutes . a couple days before that I did a test cylinders 1&2 was 120 cylinder 3 150 and cylinder 4 0. I didn't do any wet test I don't have a leak down tester basically what im asking for is should I tear it apart and go from there or what because at some point its got to come apart anyways...
Old 06-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Troubleshooting: CNC WERX CSS B18C1 has inconsistent cylinder compression #s

do a valve adjustment im sure its something simple like that.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Troubleshooting: CNC WERX CSS B18C1 has inconsistent cylinder compression #s

Originally Posted by BoostHatchFreak View Post
do a valve adjustment im sure its something simple like that.
^^^^
Old 06-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Troubleshooting: CNC WERX CSS B18C1 has inconsistent cylinder compression #s

I’m hoping to help EM1Dustin out pretty soon, although DAX lives right next to him.... hint hint
Old 06-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who is Dax lol and I need the help you don't understand I took my head off to see if I had burnt valves or bent ones and nothing so im so lost could it be my pistons
Old 06-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Em1Dustin View Post
who is Dax lol and I need the help you don't understand I took my head off to see if I had burnt valves or bent ones and nothing so im so lost could it be my pistons
ĎSince itís suppose to be raining this next weekend, maybe I can come get it. I just really donít want to pull a trailer through those mountains with my truck, it donít have the power needed without really struggling
Old 06-02-2019, 03:10 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Em1Dustin View Post
If it were your rings, oil into the cylinder when doing a compression test would yield a different reading.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:45 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turboLScrx View Post
Iím hoping to help EM1Dustin out pretty soon, although DAX lives right next to him.... hint hint
I'll PM him...is this one of your buddys?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DaX View Post
I'll PM him...is this one of your buddys?
We have become friends over the past year, I bought some parts from him last year and we have stayed in touch.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I again put my money on it was your valve lash. the gap between the rocker and the cam.
should do more checking before going crazy and ripping the cylinder head off. now you cant even do a leak down test to see if its the rings.
since you have the head off have it pressure check to make sure valve are seating if all is good put it back on and get someone to adjust the valve since it seems you don't know how to do that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: