Notices

travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-)

Nobody here in Germany can install Dorton MIDsleeves on a B16 block, shipping an empty block and shipping it back coast the same as a ticket to CA. So a friend and I decided to travel to LA and bring the block to GoldenEagle and let it sleeve.
We also want to visit Importparts, what should be in the near of GoldenEagle and also like to visit WestCoastCustoms.
We would like to meet some people, who can show us the american import/tuning scene especially everything about the american F/I-scene.
Any good ideas? For example good tuneres that definetly should be seen or meetings?
Thanks in advance

Modified by hondaapi at 1:27 PM 10/5/2004

Modified by hondaapi at 1:28 PM 10/5/2004
Old 10-05-2004, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (hondaapi)

holy hardcore, bring atleast 2 blocks or something, u never know!

check out this place if u can...

http://www.autobacsusa.com/
Old 10-05-2004, 06:23 AM

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (hondaapi)

You should get in touch with vti2 (Fredy), i think he has a sleeved B16 block for sale.

You could also buy a sleeved block in the classifieds and have it shipped for like $200.

You should also ask GoldenEagle for their turn around time.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (Andre)

i would most definitly NOT go to west coast customs. i have seen their "hack jobs" in person, and i fear for the life of the driver on some of the mini trucks that i have seen come out of that shop.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (Dturbocivic)

XS engineering

or even stop by our shop we are in the orange county area

oh by the way not that you want it but i ahve a sleeved block for sale
Old 10-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (eLusive ek4)

We send sleeved blocks to Germany quite often.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
New User

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (earl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We send sleeved blocks to Germany quite often.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would highly suggest you go w/ Earl, especially given that he ships to Germany.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (Rain_man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rain_man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would highly suggest you go w/ Earl, especially given that he ships to Germany.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-05-2004, 10:09 AM

well he said he shipping to germany is the sam as the airline tickets so he wants to take a vacation
Old 10-05-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (earl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We send sleeved blocks to Germany quite often.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If i'm not wrong vti2 (Fredy) got his block from Earl too.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:51 AM

vu vonhst du in deutschland?
Old 10-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (blue2ksi)

i would bet that an engine shop can install some sleeves for you.

there are a few big engine builders in the UK that do honda work.

darton doesnt have a list of anyone that can do the work?

what about sending it to RUF?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I went from sweden to LA with a b16 block the first time I went to LA. To ship the block was about the same as the plane ticket and you can avoid the swedish coustom tax thatīs about 30% on the prise of the gods SHIPPED!!!!... So if you buy a lot of parts itīs deffenetly worth it and you have a cool vacation.. In nov I probbebly will do it again with a b18 block. Ive been to LA now 4 times buying carparts. The airline rules says most of the time that you can bring 2 pices that ways 32kg a pice and thats about the waight of the block so itīs no extra if ju sattel for just one bag of lugage.
I paid about 100 euros for a extra pice of lugage (32kg) from CA to Sweden and with 12 kg of hand lugage I had over 100 kg of carparts with me home.... he he
It was like cristmas when I got home... I bought alot of parts for some friends of mine and they ended up paying for my plane ticket..

Have a nice trip..

Modified by The sweed at 11:09 PM 10/5/2004
Old 10-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kevin, let me know when you're gonna stop by. Lunch is on me.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:57 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (ben@importparts.com)

Well, you chose two good companies to visit, not to mention two of my sponsors..

I can assure you they will help you out in any way possible, have a safe trip, Your hardcore
Old 10-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (SIXTYdashONE)

Our plan is to come in January. Of course, we want to buy as many parts as possible.
About the engine builders:
I found one company in Sweden, that would install them, but they canīt hold the tolerances, Dartons definetly want to have. And they want 1000Euro( roundabout 1200Dollars) just for install !!!! without any warranty.
This is not a good deal I think.
I could have them installed by BRABUS (a HighClass Mercedes tuner) but also without warranty and for nearly the same price as in Sweden. So I want to go to CA.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:44 AM

better see how long there gonna take too sleeve it before u go there...
Old 10-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's up, hondaapi? Where in Germany are you? Im in Hanau. Damn, its nice to see some hardcore honda peeps in Germany. Most people here are into looks alone with some real riced out stuff! Maybe you can hook me up with some performance shops in Germany, and maybe even some dynos. And for ben@importparts.com, you better make sure my custom turbo kit makes it to Germany! I ordered it 2 days ago. Rod took my order!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (crucian)

Iīm from Schönebeck. Itīs near Magdeburg in Eastern Germany.
Here we are three guy building turbo on b16a2.
We got a motormanagement developed on our own. The first kit ran wit a 5th injector what seemed to be good enough for roundabout 300hp at 14psi.
Now we started a new project. We hope to reach the 500hp :-) That why the sleeves.
We also ordered a lot of stuff from Importparts. Hope my money reache theire account in the next days. Iīm pretty exited about my ordered parts:-)

I you need help write us. Have a look on our "site" http://www.mkr-turbo.dd.vu

Old 10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (crucian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crucian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's up, hondaapi? Where in Germany are you? Im in Hanau. Damn, its nice to see some hardcore honda peeps in Germany. Most people here are into looks alone with some real riced out stuff! Maybe you can hook me up with some performance shops in Germany, and maybe even some dynos. And for ben@importparts.com, you better make sure my custom turbo kit makes it to Germany! I ordered it 2 days ago. Rod took my order! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lorenzo, we ship to Europe on a daily basis so your kit will make it to you. Thanks for the order. Hope you're having fun in Germany.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:54 AM

I'm just wandering if you might consider coming to Indianapolis, Indiana the 9th or 10th of Dec. instead, so you could attend the World famous PRI trade show(performance racing industry) At the PRI show all the very best sport-compact venders will be there. My company is ERL Performance and we will be in the Darton booth and we are located in Indiana as well. We are their mid-west east-coast installers for Honda MID sleeves and you can get them installed for alot less than what you mentioned in your email. Our turn-around time is better than anyone else and our quality is unmatched.We have over 130 dealers nation wide and supply blocks to some of the best racers in the industry: Honda Of America Factory Race Team, Joe Demaree and more. I could have one already sleeved for you and there waiting so you only had shipping one way. We pride ourselves on customer service and would like to help if we can. Check out our website @www.erlperformance.com.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: travelling from Germany to US just for sleeving block :-) (ERL Performance)

Yea, PRI is a good show...ERL seems to be top-notch also.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaapi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Our plan is to come in January. Of course, we want to buy as many parts as possible.
About the engine builders:
I found one company in Sweden, that would install them, but they canīt hold the tolerances, Dartons definetly want to have. And they want 1000Euro( roundabout 1200Dollars) just for install !!!! without any warranty.
This is not a good deal I think.
I could have them installed by BRABUS (a HighClass Mercedes tuner) but also without warranty and for nearly the same price as in Sweden. So I want to go to CA.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

what company in sweden? brabus is in Denmark i think...or was it Carlsson??