Notices

top mount manifold revhard or ebay cast manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 top mount manifold revhard or ebay cast manifold?

what manifold should i use in my 92 integra turbo with borg warner 57 trim will i see more power with a equal length manifold ? i hear stainless steel manifolds crack i found a top mount for 350 spa i think its cast iron is it worth it
Old 12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rev hard > Egay manifold

Should that have even been a question? What power goals do u got in mind
Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just get good parts the first time around.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the spa mani's are pretty good quality from what i've heard
there turbo's now thats another story

and guy before you say blah blah blah about ebay you should read the rest because i've yet to have seen a problem with spa mani's
Old 12-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by blwn95civic
Rev hard > Egay manifold
hahaha bold statement, i have seen more gayhard manifolds crack then anything else... When you say the name revhard consider this is a company that uses ebay blow off valves, mild steel piping for the IC and DP, there down pipe is unflanged, has no flex joint or O2 bung... Why some people still think there a good company i willnever understand, they copied there manifolds from drag originally, copied there map diffuser from synapse, do i really need to go on?

Last edited by blinx9900; 12-09-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:15 AM

full race, spoolin preformance, synapse
Old 12-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the cast top mount is a decent manifold, it doesnt have a great collector, but there is somewhat of a collector cast into the manifold. more so than the revhard. i am not sure on fitment and clearance however.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by biggoofy
full race, spoolin preformance, synapse
AFI is also very reasonably priced...
Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going to use the spa top mount on my next build. It has a good design. I have seen a setup using the Panducky flange that turns the turbo straight like EL topmount. That setup had a/c and power steering.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran a revhard manifold for 3 years, had an HKS 40mm WG dumping directly on the top of the manifold the whole time and it never cracked, guess I am one of the lucky ones.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by blinx9900
hahaha bold statement, i have seen more gayhard manifolds crack then anything else... When you say the name revhard consider this is a company that uses ebay blow off valves, mild steel piping for the IC and DP, there down pipe is unflanged, has no flex joint or O2 bung... Why some people still think there a good company i willnever understand, they copied there manifolds from drag originally, copied there map diffuser from synapse, do i really need to go on?
Gosh, I must've gotten an unusual setup when I bought Revhard 5 years ago. It's not a Fullrace setup, but it's not crap either. Mine came with a Vortech BOV (that still works) and a TiAL wastegate (that still works). I'll agree that the IC piping is marginal, but my downpipe was flanged and had one O2 bung. I did have to weld in a piece of flex pipe. And who uses the map diffuser anyway?

But all this is just about the "kit" -- the OP asked about the manifold. The manifold itself is a proven design, and mine is still going strong without any cracks. My experience may be anecdotal, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Revhard log mani to anyone looking for a dependable cost-effective option.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96 GSR-T
I ran a revhard manifold for 3 years, had an HKS 40mm WG dumping directly on the top of the manifold the whole time and it never cracked, guess I am one of the lucky ones.
Originally Posted by rhettster
Gosh, I must've gotten an unusual setup when I bought Revhard 5 years ago. It's not a Fullrace setup, but it's not crap either. Mine came with a Vortech BOV (that still works) and a TiAL wastegate (that still works). I'll agree that the IC piping is marginal, but my downpipe was flanged and had one O2 bung. I did have to weld in a piece of flex pipe. And who uses the map diffuser anyway?

But all this is just about the "kit" -- the OP asked about the manifold. The manifold itself is a proven design, and mine is still going strong without any cracks. My experience may be anecdotal, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Revhard log mani to anyone looking for a dependable cost-effective option.
Well many companies start out good then get greedy try to save money by cutting cost and quality suffers, most he changes to crappier parts has happend in the last 2 years, i used to be a dealer and there newer manifolds are paper thin in some places and are much lighter than they used to be, i am guessing they reduced the amount of metal poured into the molds to save cost. If you have a mani that is lasting it is probably from the old casing batch which was much better...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can see how that could happen. I haven't seen any of there newest stuff, so I have no reason to doubt you.

Gotta say that there seem to be way more good options available now than there were just a few years ago. Just searching around here, the OP should be able to find plenty of info on who's stuff is built to last.